Guys, I found a much easier way to accomplish what i was trying to do. I was only trying to remove the IT policy from my old company phone. All i did was download desktop manager software 6.1. Connected the phone to desktop manager and went to the ? (help button) in the upper right hand corner. Navigate to Support Resources>Support Tools. Select "Reset to factory settings" and its all automated from there! The only prerequisite is that ur on BB OS 4.3 or newer.
    I tried to do this but I'm on a Mac and couldn't find the same buttons....Any ideas?
    10-17-11 07:02 AM
    I tried to do this but I'm on a Mac and couldn't find the same buttons....Any ideas?
    Nevermind, I dusted off my old netbook and this worked PERFECTLY! Can't believe I spent hours trying other tricks...THANK YOU!
    10-17-11 08:16 AM
    very informative article
    10-17-11 11:50 PM
    THIS WIPES ALL THE IT POLICY FROM THE PHONE USING MAC SOFTWARE

On a Mac computer, complete the following steps:

1. Close the BlackBerry Desktop Software if it is open on the Mac computer.
    2. Open Terminal.
    3. Type cd /Applications/BlackBerry\ Desktop\ Software.app/Contents/MacOS/ and press Enter.
    4. Type ./bbdm resettofactory

Note: In the Mac OS X environment, if the BlackBerry smartphone has a password set, you must specify that password within the command. For example: ./bbdm -password 12345 resettofactory (where 12345 is the BlackBerry smartphone password).
    10-19-11 03:15 PM
    Nevermind, I dusted off my old netbook and this worked PERFECTLY! Can't believe I spent hours trying other tricks...THANK YOU!
    Yes, sometimes the solution is just below your nose.
    10-28-11 01:18 PM
    Hi, I wonder if you can tell me if this works with the latest BB Desktop version 6.1.0.35 (bundle 34)? A couple of days ago, I upgraded to this current version, and now find that I can no longer remove the IT Policy on my Blackberry. I have run through the Policy Bin installation more than 3 times without luck. Is there a compatibility issues that I am missing or of which I should be aware? Thank you for your time.
    11-01-11 12:09 PM
    Just use JL Cmder and basically wipe your device and then reinstall the OS with Desktop Manager. Policy gone. I've done it.

Thank god I read this. JL Cmder reset to factory worked GREAT on my 9700 with OS6!!! No more irremovable Firewall lock!!!!
    11-24-11 12:55 PM
    I tried the suggestions to remove the password but my files are set up differently and there did not seem to be a place for policy.bin
    11-26-11 06:53 PM
    I don't have an IT Policy on my 9800 BB but still no acces on BIS. Any solutions?
    11-27-11 06:13 PM
    Hi, I live in the UK and have bought an unlocked secondhand blackberry storm which opens up under the Verizon banner. I am with Orange and tried to put my sim card in to use the phone. For some reason there are no options for internet browsing or email setup/connection. I contacted Orange and was told that the handset is still linked/connected with the Verizon server (via BES?) and would need to be disconnected before I can join Blackberry Internet Service and start emailing and web browsing. I cannot contact Verizon as I can't register on their site as I don't live in the US. Can anyone help me? Can i disconnect from the BES? Thanks
    It has nothing to do with the banner, it's only the branding of your phone because it was sold by Verizon.

Seems like the PIN number is registered with Verizon BIS account... try to contact the man that sold it to you, maybe he can make a call to Verizon and get the PIN number released and then you can have it done with Orange.
    12-08-11 05:57 AM
    Worked great...thanks!
    01-05-12 03:38 AM
    hi peeps, i have a 9700 with BES running on it. If i were to update the OS after saving everything in desktop manager, would it also restore my Enterprise settings ? Or will I have to get it re activated by my BES Administrator ?
    01-12-12 08:20 PM
    You will need to reactivate.
    01-12-12 08:22 PM
    You will need to reactivate.
    much thanks
    01-12-12 08:26 PM
    Tried this, did'nt work. IT Policy is still there.

Options, securty options, general options:

above "services" is still the name of the former employer ("name it-policy: blablabla encryption" (all this but in Dutch language)

How to solve this? Got the BB Bold 9700 from a friend who works at this company with it-encryption)

I will look through all these posts in this thread, will look back at my question every hour minute

Thx all!
    01-14-12 03:46 AM
    Guys, I found a much easier way to accomplish what i was trying to do. I was only trying to remove the IT policy from my old company phone. All i did was download desktop manager software 6.1. Connected the phone to desktop manager and went to the ? (help button) in the upper right hand corner. Navigate to Support Resources>Support Tools. Select "Reset to factory settings" and its all automated from there! The only prerequisite is that ur on BB OS 4.3 or newer.
    Trying this one now... fingers crossed
    01-14-12 03:53 AM
    Trying this one now... fingers crossed
    Looks like that one worked fine! Although I received a "welcome" sms directly after rebooting the it-stuff seems to have disappeared.

How do I perform the final check whether all is whiped clean and no it-restrictions are there anymore?

***EDIT***

If I want to add an emailaccount; there's still only one option: set up email using BES...

Plz help
    Last edited by dirkdigglerbb; 01-14-12 at 04:59 AM.
    01-14-12 04:43 AM
    Well i managed to get OS 6.0 on it...!

First what went wrong. Got a BB Bold 9700 from a friend. My telecomprovider has no BB services at all (just APN internet).

Connected to Device manager, said this:

Attachment 100645

Install: error (in Dutch):

Attachment 100646

So tried the army knife:

Attachment 100647

No options i wanted to see there:

Attachment 100648

Then after some reading here; did the thing above. First i removed the memorycard and formatted it. Didn't replace it until after complete installation, just to be sure. Removed SIM too. Then used the device manager, reset to facory settings. This went fine! After that i whiped it using BBSAK. Result: a white screen on BB with some 507 error. Empty! Installing an OS with BBSAK didn't work out, so tried the device manager again. Connecting, reading...

and it found some new software to install! It found 6.0 (and 5.0 too)

So 6.0 is running smooth now!!! (the no emailsettings thing has to do with my telecom provider)
    Last edited by dirkdigglerbb; 01-15-12 at 03:58 AM.
    rock007 likes this.
    01-15-12 03:55 AM
    i am using blackberry bold 9000 and there's problem that i cannot disable it policy because there is red padlock next to IT policy in firewall. so...help me to remove it and i am running on OS 4.6 so...i can't use Crackutil to remove IT policy. Help me what to do now???
    02-18-12 12:21 PM
    Hi all, It is not really clear for me, so I hope someone can help me.

I have a BB 9900 with BES. It is not possible to install apps or even the app store. Strange enough last week with my old company BB with BES somehow unexpected I managed to install, Facebook, App-store, and some other app's. I think it was a error on the IT/security department.

So I was hopeful I will manage to instal the apps again. But no way. I even contacted the IT department and the told me that it is not possibel to instal apps.

So my question is: Is it there a way to adjust the BES IT policy so that i can instal some apps and still use the company BES?

thanks.
    02-20-12 03:36 PM
    Im trying what you posted ,my password works on bb,but wont work on blackberry software
    confused
    03-04-12 11:40 AM
    Does we need the firewall setting on?
    03-06-12 12:30 AM
    Please, someone should help me out on this:

I just got a new Blackberry 9700 from Russia and it was locked but I managed to unlock the phone for calls, txt messages but BB messenger only is not working the message appearing ( This application has been disabled by IT policy). Would you please guide me how to solve this problem. I have tried to reset to factory settings through CMD, also wiped the device and reinstall OS6 but still no luck .

All other features (Email, facebook, twitter etc) are working well except the BBM.

Please, kindly help.

Best Regards
    03-14-12 01:52 AM
    You may wish to look at a more recent post on removing IT Policys that I wrote It contain some additional steps to remove residual IT Policy components from your PC that will forever remove this nuisance.

I basically copied Navi's procedure here and then dug a bit deeper until I uncovered all the remaining traces from the PC and the phone.

Please, someone should help me out on this:

I just got a new Blackberry 9700 from Russia and it was locked but I managed to unlock the phone for calls, txt messages but BB messenger only is not working the message appearing ( This application has been disabled by IT policy). Would you please guide me how to solve this problem. I have tried to reset to factory settings through CMD, also wiped the device and reinstall OS6 but still no luck .

All other features (Email, facebook, twitter etc) are working well except the BBM.

Please, kindly help.

Best Regards
    03-14-12 02:30 AM
    Procedure
    Step 1 Ensure the Blackberry Desktop Manager is installed using Blackberry Internet Service, and not Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you are unsure, it would probably be a good idea to uninstall the Desktop Manager and start again.

If you don't have the CD that came with your Blackberry, the Software can be downloaded

Step 2 Download the file
    Step 3 Wipe your Blackberry, creating a backup if necessary. Select Options/Security/Wipe on the Device.

If this option is unavailable, you may have to install the latest software on your Blackberry. You need to Download and install the latest Desktop Manger Software, then the latest Handheld Software. Connect your device, open the Desktop Manager, select Application Loader, and follow the prompts.

Step 4 Close the Desktop Manager if it is open.
    Step 5 From the Windows Start Menu select Run..., and at the prompt type regedit. In the tree on the left hand side, navigate to:

Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value Path. Now, Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data to:

Step 6 Open the Desktop Manager.
    Step 7 Connect the Device.

Verification
    Once complete, the Options/Security screen on your Blackberry should not contain references to an IT Policy, you should now be able to change all settings (including password prompts), and install Third Party Applications.

I've used this on my 8700g, & my 8100 Pearl, and it works!

***use as is, and am not responsible for data loss, or BlackBerry / PC corruption! Also, you could get dismissed for doing this!

FYI - Removing the I.T. Policy is really more for people that have bought a BlackBerry on eBay or something, and it came with an I.T. Policy and thus they can't install anything...***

PLease, I have tried it. It did not work. Any other option?
    03-14-12 02:58 PM
494 ... 1617181920
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD