thanks, it looks like it will take awhile.

Its a little confusing at first but once you get the hang of it, it does not take as long as you think but it will remove the IT policy.
    07-26-08 01:48 PM
    Ok I am new to balckberry bought the 8830 off EBAY and it did have the IT restriction for data. So I tried the fix to upgrade to 4.5 and then run JL_Cmder but could not get it to open port so gave up. Tried the fix with policy.bin and it did work and I do not have the IT restriction but the firewall still has little red check and can not disable. Now whe I get email or text messages my unit does not vibrate and the red indicator light does not come on??? I really would like to clear out the IT restriction but can't get JL_Cmder to open port. Any ideas???

AZWILLARD
    07-29-08 03:11 PM
    OMG Navi! You are a genious! Thank goodness for cats like you. I was instructed that I could not get the IT Policy off my BB unless I called up my old job, connected with IT Support, and had them push something to my phone in order to remove the policy.

Man...your instructions worked in only 15 mins. Thanks again! Good looking out!
    07-29-08 04:33 PM
    Try a forum search for CrackMem. Get the latest version, and ressettofactory while on 4.5 OS and that will remove the policy.
    CrackMem 2.4 can wipe a device, it cannot resetttofactory.
    And they are 2 entirely different processes.
    As of now JL_CMDER is the best and maybe only option.
    07-29-08 04:39 PM
    Procedure
    Step 1 Ensure the Blackberry Desktop Manager is installed using Blackberry Internet Service, and not Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you are unsure, it would probably be a good idea to uninstall the Desktop Manager and start again.

If you don't have the CD that came with your Blackberry, the Software can be downloaded .

Step 2 Download the file and save it in your Blackberry installation directory (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry).
    Step 3 Wipe your Blackberry, creating a backup if necessary. Select Options/Security/Wipe on the Device.

If this option is unavailable, you may have to install the latest software on your Blackberry. You need to Download and install the latest Desktop Manger Software, then the latest Handheld Software. Connect your device, open the Desktop Manager, select Application Loader, and follow the prompts.

Step 4 Close the Desktop Manager if it is open.
    Step 5 From the Windows Start Menu select Run..., and at the prompt type regedit. In the tree on the left hand side, navigate to:

HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager

Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value Path. Now, Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data to:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin
    Step 6 Open the Desktop Manager.
    Step 7 Connect the Device.

Verification
    Once complete, the Options/Security screen on your Blackberry should not contain references to an IT Policy, you should now be able to change all settings (including password prompts), and install Third Party Applications.

I've used this on my 8700g, & my 8100 Pearl, and it works!

***use as is, and am not responsible for data loss, or BlackBerry / PC corruption! Also, you could get dismissed for doing this!

FYI - Removing the I.T. Policy is really more for people that have bought a BlackBerry on eBay or something, and it came with an I.T. Policy and thus they can't install anything...***

So I did all this - worked fine and I could download google maps. But now I can't sync with bluetooth and can't view attachments. How do I get those features back??

Thanks!
    07-30-08 05:21 PM
    "If the BlackBerry smartphone has an IT Policy that has removed the desktop connectivity service (located in Bluetooth Options), the BlackBerry smartphone will be able to pair, but will not be located by the BlackBerry Desktop Manager."

So how does one fix that?
    07-31-08 02:04 PM
    i'm new to blackberry and i want to to remove it policy from a 6230 and a 7230 from my old company,i'm lost on the step Download the file policy.bin and save it in your Blackberry installation directory (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry), i have the content manager and latest softwares downloaded. just dont know where bb directory is
    08-01-08 11:17 PM
    (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry), i have the content manager and latest softwares downloaded. just dont know where bb directory is
    That is the directory
    08-02-08 12:13 AM
    OK, so I've been strugling with the same issue for the last few days. Tried the virus.bin policy, the policy.bin policy, doing a security wipe, doing a javaloader -usb WIPE, all to no avail after I made the mistake of trying to charge my personal bberry at work.

So am I totally screwed? I have mostly everything up and running again with the exception of any form of IM (OZ that came with it or any other third party IM). Basically can't disable the firewall.

Plz help!!!
    I am now wondering if I have anything to worry about. I have a personal bb on bis and charge mine at work all the time...how can they install an IT policy just by charging?
    08-10-08 02:19 AM
    Removing the I.T. Policy is really more for people that have bought a BlackBerry on eBay or something, and it came with an I.T. Policy and thus they can't install anything...

Anyway, try following the instructions again, BUT, on your home PC, a PC that is not connected to your work domain...
    i am having same problem with bb but it keep asking the password and i have no freaking idea what is the password. please help
    08-12-08 03:34 AM
    i just bought the bb from ebay. i am having problem with the it policy too, when i try to change the password it wont let me change also when i trying to upload the program thru desktop manager bb asking for the paswword which i do not have any idea
    please help
    08-12-08 03:39 AM
    About 2 months ago, I accidentally connected my personal BB (an 8310) to my corporate-issued laptop while on my company's network. Needless to say, my Curve got slurped up into the company's BES and had one **** of a restrictive IT policy installed.

FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS ON THIS THREAD WILL NOT RESTORE YOUR BB TO A PRE-IT POLICY STATE. You'll be stuck with a firewall you can't modify and some crazy prompts that appear anytime you use the web browser.

For the love of everything holy, follow the instructions in the below thread to remove any unwanted IT policy -- it works perfectly!

forums.crackberry.com/f2/new-how-completely-remove-policy-34665/

Good luck!
    Echoing this post...the blank policy does not work very well. You'll still have that annoying lock and won't be able to disable the security settings for firewall. Use JL_cmdr (not sure of spelling) and reset to factory instead.
    08-12-08 04:12 AM
    i upgraded to 4.5 (.52 version) and fdownloaded the IT policy per this link. did a wipe and reinstall but i still have a red padlock by the password for everytime the phone is locked. is this part of the "default" policy per the link provided? any other ideas on how to remove it? this happened because i plugged a personal phone into a work computer. thanks!
    08-18-08 11:55 AM
    try this. press any key to start it.

10 characters10 characters10 characters10 characters
    08-24-08 06:03 AM
    try this. press any key to start it.

10 characters10 characters10 characters10 characters
    All I got was a bue background DOS window with some garbagecharacters. EXACTLY what doe stis file purport to do? There were zero instructions or explanation of what this does or how it does it.

For me this makes it a VERY dangerous download. Expecially whnnavi has detailled precisely how to do the procedure.

Please supply some instructions and at least an explanation. Thanks.
    08-24-08 06:27 AM
    All I got was a bue background DOS window with some garbagecharacters. EXACTLY what doe stis file purport to do? There were zero instructions or explanation of what this does or how it does it.

For me this makes it a VERY dangerous download. Expecially whnnavi has detailled precisely how to do the procedure.

Please supply some instructions and at least an explanation. Thanks.
    Sorry for the trouble it caused. An explanation: The other day i tried to install some softwares into my 8820, but failed. The firewall and IT policy in the device just prevented me doing that. The firewall is always enabled, and with a small red padlock there, and it cant be disabled. IT policy is enabled too. Then i tried hard to google some possible solutions and i did find some, but none worked in my device, until i found this little thing off a Chinese website. Those garbagecharacters you got are Chinese characters, which may fail to show up in your pc.
    Some instructions: this little thing is assumed to disable the firewall, remove the little red padlock and remove the IT policy. Just link your BB to your PC, back up with DM and double click It_policy.exe, then a blue window pops up, with some Chinese characters. Press any key twice and it will work. i did all this, and it really worked: the firewall was no longer locked, the red padlock disappeared. Option --status --buyr: No policy is enabled. However, all those resumed soon. i dont know why. but what interests me is that those softwares which couldn't be installed can be installed all right.
    Btw, some antivirus softwares (e.g. avast! in my pc) may think it is a virus, actually it is not, it is not dangerous at all.
    Last edited by normanfy; 08-25-08 at 04:13 AM.
    08-25-08 03:57 AM
    Some instructions: this little thing is assumed to disable the firewall, remove the little red padlock and remove the IT policy. Just link your BB to your PC, back up with DM and double click It_policy.exe, then a blue window pops up, with some Chinese characters. Press any key twice and it will work. i did all this, and it really worked: the firewall was no longer locked, the red padlock disappeared. Option --status --buyr: No policy is enabled. However, all those resumed soon. i dont know why. but what interests me is that those softwares which couldn't be installed can be installed all right.
    Btw, some antivirus softwares (e.g. avast! in my pc) may think it is a virus, actually it is not, it is not dangerous at all.
    Hmmm...certainly sounds to good to be true for it to work that easy.
    Any more guinea pigs out there willing to try?
    08-25-08 04:50 PM
    Procedure

FYI - Removing the I.T. Policy is really more for people that have bought a BlackBerry on eBay or something, and it came with an I.T. Policy and thus they can't install anything...***[/B][/CENTER]
    My friend gave me his blackberry curve for AT&T, he left that job and they didn't want the phone so he gave it to me. His curve was only allowed to use it for email, internet, and games. If i remove the IT policy will it unlock the other functionalities(camera, phone,etc) of the phone?

Also, I have T-Mobile - I understand i need to get an unlock code; once i get an unlock code I would like to be able to have the T-Mobile options (my faves) rather than AT&T what would i need to accomplish this?

All answers will be highly appreciated.
    08-26-08 05:11 PM
    I have 5 Blackberry Curves recently bought (used) from a company that was switching from T-Mobile to Verizon.

So I followed the instructions to take the IT junk off the first phone and it was a success. Now when I try to take it off the 2nd off for some reason it is not working, giving some error.

Help is needed.
    08-27-08 09:55 PM
    worked a treat for me - nice one mate
    09-05-08 04:20 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

From your device, go to Options \ Security Options \ General Settings. Once in there, what's near the bottom, on that screen, above 'services'?
    I am i the same exact situation. att/cingular 8700c I need to remove the IT policy. Under my services it says "no services"

How can I remove that IT policy? I bought it off ebay.

Thanks SO much.
    09-07-08 05:33 PM
    I am i the same exact situation. att/cingular 8700c I need to remove the IT policy. Under my services it says "no services"

How can I remove that IT policy? I bought it off ebay.

Thanks SO much.
    I would say start by reading Post #1 of this very thread

There is also this thread.

I am curious however why you think you have an IT Policy if the phone is showing "no services".
    That is what it should say if there is no IT Policy
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 09-07-08 at 06:10 PM.
    09-07-08 06:07 PM
    Exactly, you will see what has worked for some and things that have worked for others. Good luck.
    09-07-08 06:10 PM

There is also thread.

I am curious however why you think you have an IT Policy if the phone is showing "no services".
    That is what it should say if there is no IT Policy
    yeah I saw that AFTER i made this post. I know I am a jack--- noob.

I think I have an IT policy because right about the "no services" there is something that says IT Policy name: Default, Last Updates Dec. 3, 2007 6:19pm

And when I try and put a 3rd part app on here it says IT policy does not allow.
    09-09-08 08:35 AM
    yeah I saw that AFTER i made this post. I know I am a jack--- noob.

I think I have an IT policy because right about the "no services" there is something that says IT Policy name: Default, Last Updates Dec. 3, 2007 6:19pm

And when I try and put a 3rd part app on here it says IT policy does not allow.
    Thanks for following up with the clarification.
    It seems you will need to follow the steps in this thread
    or the other one I mentioned. Good luck and post back
    here if you run into trouble.
    09-09-08 09:19 AM
494 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD