I have made some small tutorial on how to remove the IT Policy using BES.
    The rest of it could be found from other sites which I have also posted in my site

I could not add link, check out my signature.
    Thanks.
    Chee
    03-03-09 06:05 PM
    Thanks man, that helped me out alot. nice and simple.

-John
    03-12-09 01:05 AM
    I have tried it with my curve 8310. and it works.
    03-12-09 03:59 AM
    you are the man for posting this, i work for att and i had a customer not on enterprise anymore and could not change the password option and this fixed that issue, thanks so much
    03-13-09 09:52 AM
    i tried the policy.bin and it reported an error with the file. so i did the loader.exe /resettofactory and it works fine. The red lock is gone and I can change the firewall policy.

BUT

if i try to backup my profile, it puts the policy back on.

So i tried to do an advanced restore and only restore the address book, cuz that is all i really need. It STILL puts the it policy back on. I notice that there is an option for policy in the advanced restore, and it is unchecked. This always results in the policy being restored.

WTF, i feel like i shouldnt have to go through so much trouble with this thing.

So now i downloaded google sync and backed up my contacts, the did the loader.exe /resettofactory, again. loaded sync and downloaded my contacts and i'm done.

finally, i can listen to slacker radio

so to recap, if you fnid that the it policy is restroed, even when you do an advanced restore, here is what you can do to migrate your contacts:
    1. download google sync and back all your contacts
    2. reset the device to the c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader>Loader.exe /resettofactory
    3. load google sync and sync. all you contacts will be there

on a side note, resettofactory doesn't exactly do a good job, it still had my phone number and all the installed apps
    03-18-09 09:34 PM
    apparently it restores the IT policy any time i try to sync. i tried to do a backup, after i got everything working, and the firewall is enabled again with the little red lock.

seriously WTF!
    03-19-09 06:39 AM
    Do not do a full restore, it will restore the policy. Go into advanced and just select the contacts database to restore. That way you get the contacts but not the policy.

Or you can do the Google sync thing mentioned above.
    03-23-09 11:20 AM
    I've tried to follow all the directions. I've removed my old desktop software. Downloaded the latest version. Downloaded the policy.bin file but when I hook my blackberry up to the desktop software it just asks me for my password and nothing else after that. I had my Blackberry Curve on BES thru my employer but I've recently upgraded to the Bold and they've let me keep my Curve. I'm trying to remove the BES settings so that I can give the Curve to a family member but this just isn't working for me. Any ideas?
    03-27-09 10:54 PM
    I've tried to follow all the directions. I've removed my old desktop software. Downloaded the latest version. Downloaded the policy.bin file but when I hook my blackberry up to the desktop software it just asks me for my password and nothing else after that. I had my Blackberry Curve on BES thru my employer but I've recently upgraded to the Bold and they've let me keep my Curve. I'm trying to remove the BES settings so that I can give the Curve to a family member but this just isn't working for me. Any ideas?
    Nicely ask your IT department to remove the phone from the BES?
    03-28-09 12:22 AM
    I had the same problem and verizon gave me a ticket number to contact RIM
    They helped me to set the phone to the Factory defaults, i think I wrote the instructions somewhere I'll look for them but you will haveto use cdm (DOS)
    03-28-09 01:17 AM
    I bought my 8700g off ebay too and couldnt use Opera Mini cos of the it policy and couldnt disable firewall. i downlaoded the policy.bin that naviwilliams posted but windows said it was invalid blah blah blah. i follwed Pete6 and Foundinsea's instructions, downloaded and install JL_Cmder v19.0, followed the instructions and bam! my old 87009 works like a charm.

big thanks to you guys and everyone for their help. You rock!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by p1nklady; 03-29-09 at 03:37 AM.
    03-29-09 03:30 AM
    Has anyone been able to get this to work on a newer model BlackBerry? I have an 8900 and I've copied the registry settings, copied the policy.bin file, resettodefault using jl_cmder, waited for it restart, plugged it back in opened up Desktop Manager, but nothing pops up to update anything. So I click on Application Loader, and it finds no updates.

Any suggestions?
    03-30-09 06:40 AM
    Has anyone been able to get this to work on a newer model BlackBerry? I have an 8900 and I've copied the registry settings, copied the policy.bin file, resettodefault using jl_cmder, waited for it restart, plugged it back in opened up Desktop Manager, but nothing pops up to update anything. So I click on Application Loader, and it finds no updates.

Any suggestions?

To get rid of IT Policy you will need to resettofactory by using the run cmd. use cd until you navigate to the apploader folder and then type in : loader /resettofactory.

THIS WILL ERASE EVERYTHING ON YOUR BB and return it to out of box condition
    Last edited by mpafr012; 03-30-09 at 01:27 PM.
    03-30-09 01:21 PM
    I bought my curve on CL, it has an IT policy i need to remove, although my device's mini usb port is broken..I need to connect my bb to my computer through bluetooth but i cant seem to get it connected...please help!!
    04-01-09 05:00 AM
    I followed these instructions several times, among others and the firewall would only be disabled temporarily.
    I have added a few additional steps that worked for me,,, FINALLY!!

Things you�ll need before you get started:
    �Be sure to have an uninstalled copy of the Blackberry Desktop Manager software.
    �Be sure to have JL_Cmder.cmd.. THIS TOOL IS VERY HELPFUL BUT VERY DANGEROUS. BEWARE!!
    �Download the file policy.bin

Next,
    �Resync your device
    �Uninstall Desktop manager.
    �Run Regedit and navigate to: HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion. Delete this entire key and reboot your machine.
    �Next, reinstall Desktop Manager.
    �Copy the downloaded the file policy.bin to your Blackberry installation directory (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry).
    �Run Regedit and navigate to: HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value Path. Now, Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data to: C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin
    �Reboot the machine again.

Now the fun part.
    �Run Desktop Manager and connect the device. DO NOT SYNCRONIZE YOUR DEVICE AT THIS POINT..

�Run the JL_Cmder.cmd program and �hit any key to continue�.

�Next follow the instructions concerning your Blackberry Password options.
    � BE VERY CAREFUL AT THIS POINT!!!

Option 5 will completely WIPE the device: OS and all! Once done, there is no turning back.
    Option 6 will return the device to factory defaults. This option didn�t work for me.
    �Once completed, the program will tell you to reset the battery on your device. At this point, your Blackberry is a paper weight.

Ok, now we�re ready to reload the OS on the device.

�Run Desktop Manager and be sure the device is connected. Don�t worry that the program doesn�t recognize that a device is connected. Again, the device is a paper weight now.
    �In Desktop Manager, go to Application Loader.
    �Click Update Software �START�.
    �Follow the instructions. ***I recommend going to Advanced/Options to select the OS options you want installed on your device.
    �ONCE THE DEVICE IS FULLY LOADED, DO NOT TURN ON THE RADIO!!!
    �On the device, go to Options, Security Options, Firewall. The status should be �Disabled�. If not, then something is wrong. I had to perform these steps twice before I got it right.. If it is �Disabled� then under �Block Incoming Messages� click the �Enterprise Email� box. This should prevent the old policy from being pushed back to the device.

�Back out of Options and turn on the radio..

At this point you should be good. I recommend checking the Firewall Status from time to time.
    After MANY attempts, mine is working fine. Docs to Go, Audible and the player in the Sprint Music Store all work great.

Like the original post said, these steps should only be used on devices that are no longer being managed by a BES (especially if you value your job). Ie, a device purchased on EBay, of if you left your last company and they let you keep the device.

Good luck..
    04-07-09 12:48 PM
    Try this

open a DOS window on your pc usually by using run and type cmd, then push enter.

then type CD.. enter until only the c: prompt is showing

then type CD program files ( for windows XP) or <program files (x86)> <for windows vista> and press enter

Type cd common files and enter,

Type cd apploader and enter,

Type loader /resettofactory and enter. This will erase everything and return it to factory settings and data. This will remove the IT Policy in your Blackberry.
    04-07-09 01:32 PM
    I've removed a blank it policy from two AT&T 8310's now.
    They both had 4.2 on them to begin with.
    I upgraded to 4.5 available from the blackberry website (via clicking on link from AT&T website).
    Then I used jl_cmder's option 6 resettofactory
    After the long reboot, policy was gone.
    I then did a option 5 wipe and reinstalled 4.5 just to make sure it was completely clean since both phones came from ebay).
    04-07-09 02:33 PM
    ty navi.

now i just need to track down some basic apps that for what ever arent' on the phone. include bbm. :/
    04-07-09 03:49 PM
    I try this and it worked great, removed the IT policy. Thanks
    04-09-09 05:25 PM
    I've removed a blank it policy from two AT&T 8310's now.
    They both had 4.2 on them to begin with.
    I upgraded to 4.5 available from the blackberry website (via clicking on link from AT&T website).
    Then I used jl_cmder's option 6 resettofactory
    After the long reboot, policy was gone.
    I then did a option 5 wipe and reinstalled 4.5 just to make sure it was completely clean since both phones came from ebay).
    Thanks that worked like a charm
    04-10-09 02:27 AM
    awesome info thks
    04-11-09 10:54 AM
    I followed the steps and was able to successfully disable the firewall.

However, once I connected the device to DM and synced my stuff, the firewall was enabled again !!!!!!

What did I do wrong?

Last edited by omrjln; 04-12-09 at 09:53 PM.
    04-12-09 09:38 PM
    Wow it's great to know. Thanks a bunch
    04-13-09 10:22 AM
    i succesfully removed my IT Policy on my BB but now everytime i connect mine or anyone elses BB to my computer and run desktop manager the lock goes back.
    04-13-09 11:17 AM
    i succesfully removed my IT Policy on my BB but now everytime i connect mine or anyone elses BB to my computer and run desktop manager the lock goes back.
    Here is how it worked for me;

1- Synced my device
    2- Reboot PC
    3- Remove DM and any other reated info (registry key + program files folder)
    4- Reboot PC
    5- Downloaded & Installed DM version 4.5
    6- Add the Reg key + Policy.bin file
    7- Reboot PC
    8- Download & Install wanted device OS to PC
    9 Remove Vendor.xml
    10- Wiped my device with JL_CMDR
    11- Installed new OS through AppLoader
    12- Under �Block Incoming Messages� click the �Enterprise Email� box.
    12- Reboot PC
    13- Connet to DM

I do not claim to understand why, but thi worked for me.

Hope it helps
    04-13-09 01:05 PM
494 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD