say i delete an app via options > applications. it says i have to reboot to fully complete that task. so i say dont reboot now. about however long later it notifies me to reboot again or not & gives me a 1 out of 5 warnings. so as the day progresses i keep getting these annoying a ss warnings until it hits 5out of 5 &then reboots automatically. how in the he|| do i stop this?
    where's the setting, if any, to toggle this stupid feature?
    03-18-10 10:32 AM
    You reboot... You deleted an app, changing your files, it needs to reboot..
    03-18-10 10:43 AM
    no, that's BS. it's like im running Windows on my phone. It keeps nagging you until it does it on its own. 4.7 never had this issue!

guess it's another reason i cannot wait to go Android
    03-18-10 11:10 AM
    It did the same to me when I had 4.7 and weird thing hasn't done it yet on 5.0.
    03-18-10 11:34 AM
    It usually only does the 1 out of 5 warning when you reload your OS or upgrade your OS. At least that's how its always been for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 11:51 AM
    With an attitude like that, no OS will ever make you happy. Just reboot the phone and move on.

Either that or look into hybrids... But seriously, you're crying over spilled milk...

03-18-10 01:28 PM
    wow. i'm surprised this doesn't p iss more of you off?

ya i do run a hybrid, doesn't make a difference. i swear i don't remember this pointless/dumb feature on previous hyrbids (can't remember tho). why in the he|| should i be FORCED to reboot my phone? it just baffles me beyond belief..
    03-18-10 04:07 PM
    seriously dude, the phone knows better than you, thats why they calll it a smart phone, it knows has to reboot to function properly. Your either guna whine about the fact its gotta reboot or whine about the fact that you wont have a proprly working phone. Either way
    03-18-10 04:27 PM
    Just wait until the end of the day to add/update/delete apps so you don't mind if it reboots and you don't need to be prompted about it all day... Seems like an easy fix to me...

More of us aren't annoyed by it because we understand software and OS' need to be reset when you change things on them.

Last edited by the_sandman_454; 03-18-10 at 06:19 PM.
    03-18-10 06:16 PM
    umm LOL why don't you just reboot? it only takes a few minutes. Reboot and get over it.
    03-18-10 06:36 PM
    Hahaha, sorry for coming off as a tool. I haven't even encountered this "problem" yet...

it just doesn't seem like that big of a problem to me. Anywho, it is what it is, right?

03-19-10 12:46 AM
    See I always do the reboots right when it asks me to so I do not know of the 1 to 5 warnings in either 4.7 or 5.0.0.419, you have to reboot anyway so why not do it asap.
    03-19-10 08:13 AM
    it's usually at the most inopportune times that it reminds me is all
    *shrug*
    03-19-10 08:15 AM
    You need to reboot the phone to let it make the change. It's not a big deal. Yes the phone takes awhile to reboot, but would you rather wait or keep getting the annoying warnings? I think you can go without your phone for 5-8 minutes lol. Although i've heard with the new OS the reboot time was reduced dramatically.
    03-19-10 08:46 AM
    i guess you can't expect much from BB OS. it's too much like windows now. you uninstall an app(program), you have to reboot. you install a program/app you have to reboot... etc..

iphone nor android require this, for most things. anyway, i'm done...will stop bichin about it
    03-19-10 08:50 AM
    Yeah every phone will have it's ups and downs. Some features about the iphone and Android I wish BB's had, but hey what can you do? No phone is perfect lol.
    03-19-10 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD