hi guys! My first post! woop woop!

Ok, everyone has had a prob with the new BBM, and complaining bout MINOR things like the "showing what i'm listening to" option not being there. This is NOT important as it doesn't affect the function/smooth running of your BBM.

The real problems are:

1. Not being able to send a picture directly after taking it
    instead receiving a "The media object is invalid" message

2. Not being able to Search for contacts via their blackberry contact name.

Sometimes a friends screen name isn't their name. eg. i have a contact named "Rob" (which is also what he's saved under in my contacts) but his current screen name is Tom BUT in fancy characters. (Therefore typing in Tom won't find him either)
    Before I could type in "Rob" into the BBM search bar and since his contact is linked to his pin, i could type it in and find him, regardless of his name. Now he doesn't come up. Very annoying when u want to send something to someone and having to scroll through all the names. This USED to work. I dunno why they would disable it.

3. Press "T" doesn't take you to the top of a conversation

it works on short convos but in looooong convos, you have to press it numerous times to get to the top... again, used to work

can't think of more, let me kno if you have the same probs/find a solution... if not, just gotta wait for the next upgrade!
    09-08-11 05:55 PM
    Agreed!!!...try the new beta (BBM 6.0.1.15) and still get the "user was unable to..." also can't send a pic as soon as I take it, msgs delaying(takes forever) and sometimes find a duplicated timezone in my profile option smdh but other than that all works fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 06:09 PM
    Agreed!!!...try the new beta (BBM 6.0.1.15) and still get the "user was unable to..." also can't send a pic as soon as I take it, msgs delaying(takes forever) and sometimes find a duplicated timezone in my profile option smdh but other than that all works fine.

FYI I can snap a pic and send to BBM with beta ver no problem
    09-08-11 06:28 PM
    The real problems are:

1. Not being able to send a picture directly after taking it
    instead receiving a "The media object is invalid" message
    Works fine for me
    09-08-11 06:31 PM
    Moved to Native Apps Forum
    09-08-11 06:33 PM
    Weird --

I have the Show What I'm Listening To feature AND I can send pics right away.

What I'm less fond of is that BBM now automatically makes a duplicate pic (smaller file size) before sending it thru BBM. Does anyone know if that can be changed so I can still choose which file size to send to a BBM contact?

09-09-11 07:48 AM
    I forgot my old account and I think it's been deleted.. So i had to create a new one.. So I'm kind of a newbie..

I'm having the issue with the pictures as well.. But my biggest issue right now.. (and if anyone has any suggestions.. please help a girl out. I beg you).. If i go to change my bbm status, or my display picture in my profile.. or view someone elses profile.. It freezes up.. I basically update my status and save then pull my battery.. because I can't get it to let me out.. It'll go to my home screen.. then when i select bbm, i'm right back in the same profile

Any thoughts?? Should I do a wipe and a reload or?? I would call my service provider.. but they do not have actual blackberry tech.. and short of being transferred to RIM again ... I thought i'd ask on here and save some time..

Thx in advance,
    Wicket
    09-09-11 10:27 PM
    Dear All

I'M FACING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH BBM 6.0.0.129 ON MY BB 9780 WITH OD 6.0.0.666, I'M BIT SURPRISED , BECAUSE EVERYBODY TALKING ABOUT THIS MATTER AND SO FAR NO ONE HAS POSTED, A SOLUTION , OR EVEN RIM DIDN'T TAKE AN ACTION !!!!
    THE MAIN ISSUE IS , WHEN U TAKE A PICTURE AND U WANT TO SEND IT VIA BBM YOU'RE NOT BE ABLE TP PRESS SEND BECAUSE THE PICTURE REMAIN IN IT'S ORIGINAL SIZE, THE BBM OR THE BB IS NOT SHRINKING OR RESIZING THE PICTURE TO A SIZE ABLE TO BE SENT.

N.B FOR THOSE WHO HAS ACCESS OR ACCOUNT AT BETA ZONE, HAS THE ISSUE BEEN SOLVES AFTER UPGRADING THE BBM , BZC WHERE I LIVE I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO HAVE A BETA ZONE ACCOUNT YET .

AWAITING FOR ANY SOLUTION

REGARDS
    10-05-11 06:19 AM
    You can make a capture of the foto an then send it, but then remmember to deleted the capture, or the easy way make a downgrade of the bbm version, same issues with OS 6.0.0.666 and bbm 129 en my 9780

10-08-11 08:38 AM

Beta usually does have bugs and should be reported to RIM to help fix the bugs.
    10-08-11 08:45 AM
    I beg you).. If i go to change my bbm status, or my display picture in my profile.. or view someone elses profile.. It freezes up.. I basically update my status and save then pull my battery.. because I can't get it to let me out.. It'll go to my home screen.. then when i select bbm, i'm right back in the same profile

I AM HAVING THIS SAME PROBLEM.....DID YOU FIND A SOLUTION??
    10-22-11 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD