How to Share your BlackBerry Tips & How Tos

We want to keep the Threads in the Tips, How To & FAQ Forum strictly on topic, and therefore we do not allow members to post New Questions or Create New Threads in this forum. If you have a question, please post in the appropriate other forum - device forum, carrier forum, software/accessories forum, etc.

If you have a BB TIP or How To to share, please create the thread in another appropriate forum, and from their kindly message a forum moderator to move it into this forum for you. This is your chance to help the CrackBerry community. Write detailed tutorials and how tos - use images, go step by step, etc.. Members and BlackBerry users everywhere will appreciate it!

That's it! Thanks!
    moralcode likes this.
    02-16-08 12:27 PM
    Just an effort to keep the forums clean, and have everything in its place. If you have any How-To's or Tips that you think should be in the How To Forums, feel free to PM me (or any mod) and we'll make sure they land in the proper place. Thanks!
    03-12-08 04:00 PM
    Here's a question. HOW DO YOU GET YOUR FAQ TO WORK?? NEVER HAS ONE SEARCH I HAVE DONE WORK. NEVER HAS THE FAQ SITE EVER COME UP. HOW ABOUT A TIP ON USING YOUR SITE???
    03-15-08 03:35 PM
    Try this link to get started: Getting Started Guide

That gives a bit of an intro to the site and where content is located. For digging through the forums, start with the http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/crac...ums-how-16472/ as there are soom site usage instructions in there.

When using the advanced forum search, pay attention to how you are searching - you can choose between thread titles and posts (left side drop down option). By default the results are displayed in the order of Last Posting Date. You'll find that searching thread titles will narrow down the results, and you can change how the results are displayed (relevancy, title, number of replies, etc.). Master the forums Advanced Search options and you'll find all the content around the forums lickity split.
    03-15-08 09:02 PM
    Where can I find a list of carrier email addresses that can be used instead of sms (i.e. instead of texting to a Verizon phone number I can email to 10 digit cell [email protected])? What is the Sprint, Nextel, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.
    Franciscus745 likes this.
    06-24-08 12:38 PM
    I have a question. I erased my facebook application on under applications...but the icon is still there. How do I get rid of the icon as well?
    06-29-08 04:15 AM
    How to Share your BlackBerry Tips & How Tos

We want to keep the Threads in the Tips, How To & FAQ Forum strictly on topic, and therefore we do not allow members to post New Questions or Create New Threads in this forum. If you have a question, please post in the appropriate other forum - device forum, carrier forum, software/accessories forum, etc.

If you have a BB TIP or How To to share, please create the thread in another appropriate forum, and from their kindly message a forum moderator to move it into this forum for you. This is your chance to help the CrackBerry community. Write detailed tutorials and how tos - use images, go step by step, etc.. Members and BlackBerry users everywhere will appreciate it!

That's it! Thanks!
    Kevin, I posted my latest reply about Blackberry Software issues, could you make sure it goes in the right forum, please? Thanx!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 02:41 PM
    New to the blackberry and wondered if someone could show me how to download music. Much appreciated
    08-05-08 06:06 PM
    hey i just wondering if anyone showed you how to get songs and stuff on your blackberry i am going crazy with these custom tones
    08-15-08 12:41 PM
    how can i change the sound of incoming texts
    09-13-08 05:58 PM
    how do I ask questions?
    09-13-08 08:04 PM
    I'm sorry, I'm sorry, this is hilarious! Thanks Kevin for letting us know how to go about this, sorry it turned into a thread of asking stuff

To pretty much everyone else, many of questions can be answered by searching the forums which those exact questions.
    09-13-08 08:20 PM
    Hi, yes Im new as well.
    Is it possable to view and send email that has your BB address on a CPU or laptop?

Is the only thing you can do on line is edit your email addresses?
    09-19-08 08:03 AM
    Hi all I am new to this site and new to BB (recently purchased my 1st BB Curve 8320 on 9/11/08)

The first time I ever tried to download music (the same week I bought the BB) it worked fine. Now I can't seem to get my Media Manager to work. I go to click on MM to open & nothing happens. And to make matters worse, Roxio does not come up on my computer, Rhapsody does. But Rhapsody was already downloaded on our computer we have Vista version. This is so frustrating. I've never felt more stupid in my life. Don't know if I did something wrong or should I just forget about even trying to download music? Someone PLEASE help me!!!!
    09-22-08 09:51 AM
    People, this thread is NOT the place to get your questions answered. This thread is intended to be an instruction to those of us who already know how to do things, and want to write a How To Guide so those of you who don't can read it.

Your questions about how to do things need to go in the appropriate threads/forums if you want them to be answered.
    09-22-08 11:03 AM
    Can someone tell me how to delete ringtones I have downloaded and get them removed from the list under my ringtones? This may be a stupid question but I'm a blackberry ******.
    02-03-09 01:56 PM
    Great program to use in your mobil, for Skype user, is free.
    03-02-09 01:57 PM
    do you guys have clue for tethering modem with BB storm 9530, thanks
    03-04-09 03:13 AM
    does anyone know if their is a sw for flick scrolling for the storm
    03-07-09 02:31 PM
    Hey im new to the CB as well as I just got a new BB curve, Can anyone tell if there is a way to save BB messenger conversations?? What I have done is copy the history but I have no clue where that goes, It ususally says copied to clipboard, What clipboard................

Please HELP

Thanks so much!!!!
    03-07-09 09:02 PM
    TO ANYONE WHO READS THIS THREAD:

If you have the Blackberry Curve 8900 [not sure if this works with other curves] - I'm not really sure how this helps but I think its pretty cool.

If you have the original blackberry leather holster then test this out. In the back of your curve there are the 7dots, the Blackberry "logo" & you have the holster with the logo on both sides. Have the back of your phone logo aligned directly on top with one side of your holster logo & it can only be done on one side of the holster [you have to test out each side because I'm not sure which side does the trick] and the phone goes into a blackout mode. Its cool, as soon as you lift your phone off of the holster it lights up.

Just a little fun fact I'd thought I'd share =]
    03-19-09 02:00 AM
    The only way to really delete ringtones is through the desktop manager, media manager & then you delete the ringtones.
    03-19-09 02:02 AM
    Ok new here and I have some questions, first how and where can I post questions, I am sure this is not the place but all I can figure out..sorry
    Next paid for a new app and a new theme- nothing has happened never got the email they promised- so now what? charged my account but no goodies!!
    Help would be great! Thanks!! I am a curve user!
    03-21-09 04:28 PM
    Ok new here and I have some questions, first how and where can I post questions, I am sure this is not the place but all I can figure out..sorry
    Next paid for a new app and a new theme- nothing has happened never got the email they promised- so now what? charged my account but no goodies!!
    Help would be great! Thanks!! I am a curve user!
    Post your questions in the appropriate forums. Example, if you have a question about your device (Curve) post it in the Blackberry Curve 83xx forum; applications, the 3rd party software forum etc. As far as the second question, try emailing the site or developer of where you bought the apps/theme and tell them you never received your goods.
    03-26-09 10:50 PM
    Yes thank for this effort man
    04-06-09 10:36 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD