i was sending a text in the threaded veiw and another txt from someone else came in... it appear below the thread like in bbm or a palm pre. blew my mind... That is all, thank you
    01-06-10 01:44 PM
    pretty cool, right. you can basically see/preview another txt while typing or reading one from a diff. contact.
    01-06-10 01:47 PM
    I need to get on the 5.0 bandwagon, that's pretty cool.
    01-06-10 01:54 PM
    Not only that, but it's nice to trash an entire conversation of 100+ messages with one DEL press...
    01-06-10 01:56 PM
    Not only that, but it's nice to trash an entire conversation of 100+ messages with one DEL press...
    This.

I thought I hated the threaded thing, but it's pretty nifty :-)
    01-06-10 02:07 PM
    .230 has this feature too just so you know Or at least since I've had the 7.11 hybrid installed anyway...
    01-06-10 02:10 PM
    Also ability to mark messages as read by scrolling through the list of messages, without having to individually open each one or mark each one as read.
    01-06-10 02:10 PM
    Also ability to mark messages as read by scrolling through the list of messages, without having to individually open each one or mark each one as read.
    Is there a way to do that with the Missed Calls messages?

Whenever I get a couple missed calls I have to open them up individually to get the Missed Call icon to go away.
    01-06-10 02:13 PM
    i was sending a text in the threaded veiw and another txt from someone else came in... it appear below the thread like in bbm or a palm pre. blew my mind... That is all, thank you
    I'm guessing you never tried .230?

*EDIT* jabbs1 already mentioned it.
    Last edited by Rhoq; 01-06-10 at 02:17 PM.
    01-06-10 02:15 PM
    Is there a way to do that with the Missed Calls messages?

Whenever I get a couple missed calls I have to open them up individually to get the Missed Call icon to go away.
    Short of setting "Call Logging" to None, I don't think so...
    If you are getting the notification from the SMS alert, then that has to be handled differently.
    01-06-10 02:19 PM
    I'm guessing you never tried .230?

*EDIT* jabbs1 already mentioned it.

i did but my tour had a nervous breakdown before i could do any os exploring so i removed it. i also noticed that that calendar has been updated with more flash
    01-06-10 02:34 PM
    haha, same here
    01-06-10 02:44 PM
    I love that the old sound profiles are back, you can change each one individually...I got to confused on the last one lol
    01-06-10 02:46 PM

That happens in .230 as well.
    01-06-10 02:48 PM
    I really like how you can send a text just by pressing enter! Their next step should be to totally thread all messages, BBM, MMS and SMS together by contact.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 02:53 PM
    I really like how you can send a text just by pressing enter! Their next step should be to totally thread all messages, BBM, MMS and SMS together by contact.

The Pre does this with Synergy. The problem is it can get kind of messy for a couple reasons:
    -All contacts have to be linked together. Facebook, AIM, Address Book, etc. If you have a ton of junk contacts that get imported, not fun...
    -If you are in one single conversation, you have to keep telling the phone how you want to send the message (send it through AIM, BBM, sms, etc).

It's intuitive to read, but not really as easy to organize or as quick to send messages correctly...
    01-06-10 02:57 PM

I pretty much gave up on texting because of the lack of threading. I love being able to hit enter (gasp, ONE KEY) to send a text!
    01-06-10 09:19 PM
    will facebook app work on the .419?
    01-06-10 10:06 PM
    Yes, facebook works.

I love that I can do one ring for emails and 2 for texts again. Hated how they took that out for 4.7. I like to have one ring tone for all messages but diferent amounts of beeps.

01-06-10 10:22 PM
    wow.. this has been around on the .230 up up for a long time.. where have u guys all been? lol
    01-07-10 07:42 AM
    wow.. this has been around on the .230 up up for a long time.. where have u guys all been? lol
    .230 was unstable and made my bb do strange things, i uninstalled it (downgraded to 4.7) almost instantly
    01-07-10 11:47 AM
    How do you enable this? My messages remain unread when I scroll through them.
    01-08-10 08:21 AM
    How do you enable this? My messages remain unread when I scroll through them.
    Try typing something in. Sometimes this will mark them as read also. (SMS)
    01-08-10 09:19 AM
    I thought he was talking about the regular email messages folder??
    01-08-10 09:22 AM
    I thought he was talking about the regular email messages folder??
    I do not believe so, but I will leave that for him to clarify.
    01-08-10 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD