When someone sends you a request through BBM you have 4 options to choose from. "Accept", "Ignore", "Decline", "Close". Can anyone here please explain to me the difference between clicking on ignore or decline?

If I choose to ignore the request does that mean the other person doesn't know I don't want to accept versus choosing decline would alert the person to me not wanting to accept?

Thanks in advance for the help.
    08-19-10 08:21 PM
    if you decline they can try adding you again, ignore will ignore future requests. They will know either way if you don't accept because it won't sit as pending request on their end anymore, it'll just disappear.
    08-19-10 08:25 PM
    Decline means that you decline the current invitation.
    Ignore means that you decline the current invitation and have the option to ignore future invitations.

The other person will be notified if you choose Decline. They will not be notified at all if you choose Ignore.
    08-19-10 08:26 PM
    Decline means that you decline the current invitation.
    Ignore means that you decline the current invitation and have the option to ignore future invitations.

The other person will be notified if you choose Decline. They will not be notified at all if you choose Ignore.
    You're last sentence seems to contradict what Smakberry said above. Can someone please elaborate here?
    08-19-10 10:49 PM
    My last sentence is correct.

Try it by trying to add yourself as with your PIN.

If you Decline, you will get back a message that it has been declined.
    If you Ignore, the request will stay Pending.

But don't take my word for it, try it yourself.

Note sure why it matters, though.
    08-20-10 05:53 AM
    what they said
    08-20-10 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD