When I upgraded my Tour from 4.x.x.61 to the 5.0.0.419 leak, I lost my BES connection (unplanned on "hiccup"), which earned me the dreaded "Stink Eye" from our IT guy. Now I am thinking I want to try out one of the hybrids based on .419, but in doing so, will it again erase my BES account and I will have to do it all over again, including the stink eye?

Thanks for the assist in advance - I did search but didn't find any info pertinent.
    01-12-10 10:58 AM
    I am going to bump this in hopes somebody can assist me - or at least tell me I am out of luck.

Can I install a .419 hybrid over top 5.1.1.419 and retain my BES connection, or if I do this, will I have to go to my IT guy again and have him re-establish my BES account?

Not something I really want to have to do.

Thanks in advance . . .
    01-22-10 11:14 AM
    I've never first hand had to deal with BES, but my impression always was that your device had to re-initialize with BES everytime you loaded a new OS. But I can't verify that means your IT guy will have to "re-establish" your account
    01-22-10 11:41 AM
    I've never first hand had to deal with BES, but my impression always was that your device had to re-initialize with BES everytime you loaded a new OS. But I can't verify that means your IT guy will have to "re-establish" your account
    So that's what it is called: re-initialize. I wasn't sure what it was.

Thanks for the info - that tracks with what I thought it would be. Perhaps I'll just wait until Verizon gets around to releasing OS5 officially and call it good. Or, better yet, let VZW release 5, then download one of the hybrids that are sure to come out just after, and install one of those. That will be only one more trip to the IT guy
    01-22-10 11:48 AM
    I will see if I can get any more information on BES activation for you.
    01-22-10 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD