I'm not sure exactly where to post this, given my OS setup, so if it needs to be moved my b...

I'm running a 5.0.0.328 hybrid OS on my Verizon 8830 with BBM5, but I had never tried using the barcode scanner before upgrading to the hybrid OS (so this may not be an "issue" at all, but moreso me just not knowing what the barcode scanner is SUPPOSED to do).

Whenever I try to add a contact or group using the barcode scanner feature, it just shows me a little graphic of what to do but never opens my camera to allow me to scan a barcode. Is this normal? Is there a Help thing that needs to be disabled? Is this just a problem with the v5 hybrid?

Thanks in advance,
    ~Slacker

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 07:21 PM
    When you get that graphic, is there nothing shown below that if you scroll down?
    10-31-09 07:31 PM
    ... I hate my life, hahahahaha. I tried everything except for scrolling down =X

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 08:02 PM
    Ha! It's all good.

We have all, at some point in our lives, overlooked something that only later seems excruciatingly obvious.

Now just check that check box and it will always go automatically to the camera.
    10-31-09 08:12 PM
    Newbie here;
    Would someone tell me how to scan barcodes using your device, and why one would want to do that?
    Just read this, and was curious.
    Thanks in advance for your replies.
    11-01-09 05:17 AM
    It's part of BBM 5.0. It allows you to add a BBM contact without typing anything.

There are also other uses such as scanning a code to go to a website encoded in the code.

Just read through the various forums (particularly the discussions about BBM 5.0) and you will find more information.

There are also third party applications that will allow you to scan barcodes.
    11-01-09 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD