Is it possible to be hacked? I was using BBM the other day and someone added me and has been asking weird questions. At first it wasn't a big deal...then it got annoying. I deleted him/her from it...then later in the day my messenger was deleted from my phone. I don't know why...and I don't know what to do. Please help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 06:24 PM
    I can't be of much help. I think the only way to get "hacked" is for you to deliberately load some malicious application on the phone and then grant it permissions to do bad things. Outside of that, I don't think anyone can hack your phone by just BBM'ing you. Maybe you accidentally deleted or hid the app.
    edit - perhaps this is a relative thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/usi...r-bb-s-254527/

Doesn't really seem like a site question, might be better in the curve or general BB sections. also, a descriptive thread title will help the thread find people who, unlike me, can offer some actual help
    Last edited by Snarfler; 02-22-10 at 08:25 PM.
    02-22-10 08:20 PM
    If your BBM got installed for whatever reason you can reinstall it by using DM or you can point your BBBrowser to blackberry.com/send/messenger

I recommend the second method as it ensures you get the latest version and it's also the easiest way to reinstall/upgrade.

Chris
    02-23-10 02:02 AM
    This is not really a site question, or bug report (which refers to the website itself), but rather a generally BB question, so I'm moving it to BB Native Apps because it's referring to BBM which is a native app.
    02-23-10 07:35 AM
    Thanks guys for the help...I'm going to use all the good advice given. Sorry about the wrong thread

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 04:26 PM
    you have to be careful on the interweb, if you doesn't afraid of anything, all your base could belong to them and you could be doing barrel rolls down the tubes.
    02-24-10 01:58 AM
    you have to be careful on the interweb, if you doesn't afraid of anything, all your base could belong to them and you could be doing barrel rolls down the tubes.
    your base now belong to me!!! ha ha im using the intArweb!!!
    02-24-10 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD