I am with Rogers and I recently upgraded their new OS, .743 (9700). Everything went well except that the Standby wouldn't work.

I contacted Rogers staff and the guy said that Rogers is still testing this OS and it's not been released.

So my question is, if it's not been released what does it mean when Rogers says it has a new OS for its Bold? Doesn't that mean they have released it?

That was the same question I asked the guy and he said that RIM would release OS and not Rogers, so I asked him back saying if that's the case, then why would there be one or two OS released from a few carriers and not a major upgrade (like from version 4.5 to 5) he said I'd have to ask RIM.

Can anyone correct this because I am pissed that I'd have to wait for Rogers to release their 743 (which to me has already been released) but somehow needs more testing, to get my replacement.

Any ideas? Much appreciated.

P.s.: I just realized I reached my 500th post with this one. Long live CB.
    06-24-10 12:57 PM
    So the only problem is the standby issue?

Know that every build after .500 will have this feature and will not change regardless of the carrier...

The lock buttons locks/standby, and the mute button mutes/pauses.
    06-24-10 01:14 PM
    I am with Rogers and I recently upgraded their new OS, .743 (9700). Everything went well except that the Standby wouldn't work.

I contacted Rogers staff and the guy said that Rogers is still testing this OS and it's not been released.
    Did you download the OS from Rogers?

If you did, call them back and say you loaded the latest OS from their site. If you didn't your're SOL.
    06-24-10 02:21 PM
    yea the person you talked to has no idea what they were talking about i upgraded to .743 earlier this week however Pi Guy 3.14 is right everything afther .500 has the standby/lock integrated and rim isnt gonna change it back so you can either downgrade to an os below .500 or get used to it. it kinda grows on you after a little bit. good luck either way man but rogers isnt gonna replace your phone cause there really nothing wrong with it
    06-24-10 04:27 PM
    I see, so the keypad is your lock mode too? That kinda makes sense because every time I clicked on keypad it would look as if it was in standby mode...
    06-24-10 04:29 PM
    yup when you hit the lock button the keypad locks and the screens turns off kinda like standy used to do. only difference being that you now have to go into the menu to do a password lock
    06-24-10 04:48 PM
    Before I saw this chat. I updated to the latest OS .743 last week and had the same result. I called Rogers and they told me to return my Bold 9700 to them because it is faultly. They said that some phones have the standby work and some don't after the .743 OS update. I called Rogers again today after updating my replacement phone which did the same thing and they said the same thing. This time I asked if there was wrong or is it supposed to be like this in the .743 OS. Rogers (3 different techs) said the same thing, return the phone it is faultly.
    07-02-10 07:08 PM
    the rogers people have no idea what they are talking about probably because they don't get training on new releases for OS. the phones arn't faulty and no 9700 running .500 and up has a standby key that works
    07-06-10 05:10 PM
    mooda

That is what I'm saying. The Rogers techs need better training and be kept up to date with what is happening. It would be a win-win result for everyone.
    07-06-10 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD