Hey everyone, quick question.. Been lurking the forums for a while, but just got around to making an account today. I have a Tour with 4.7 still, waiting for Verizon's 5.0 to drop. But, I'm considering just installing .419 and adding this hybrid over it. Thing is, I just have a quick question based on some things that I've heard.
    So, seeing as I'm a teenager, still in high school, I send A LOT of texts per day. Upwards of 10,000 per month. Now, earlier in the year, looking at the .419 bugs, I saw that a problem a lot of people were having was that their texts would go to the wrong contact. If I install driphter's 6.4 hybrid over .419, would this problem go away? If so, then I'm sure to install it, otherwise, I'm gonna be stuck waiting for Verizon's 5.0 to release. That one problem is the only thing keeping me from installing .419, really, but it's huge for me because I send SO many texts a day that it's hard to keep track of them, so I really need text messaging to work well.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who could give some input. I tried searching but I couldn't find much about this anymore, so I apologize if this is in the wrong forum/already answered.
    02-24-10 04:13 PM
    I only send a few texts a day, but have never had them go to the wrong contact. I've been using Driphter's 6.4 for about a week now. Actually, I've been very please with the hybrid.
    02-24-10 04:28 PM
    ya i think u will be fine. just make sure to do a back up
    02-24-10 04:38 PM
    When I used .419 as a base OS I installed many of Driphter's past hybrids and several others as well (mrBracht's, Architects, irtehuns, etc.) and have not ONCE had an SMS msg go to the wrong person.

I haven't loaded 6.4 as I am satisfied with my current hybrid but I think that issue you are referring to has been reported by users using just the base .419 OS
    02-24-10 05:06 PM
    I had this happen to me the other day. What actually happened (at least to me) was this:
    I was in the middle of a text conversation when I received a text from a third party. A new feature of 5.0 allows you to see incoming text at the bottom of the screen, if you scroll down you can click on NEW text (switching the contact thread) so if you are in the middle of a text and switch it goes to the third contact. It's pretty easy NOT to do this after you realize what you've done.
    With that said, I would suggest sticking with the straight .419 for a minute before you go hybrid crazy. Good luck.
    02-24-10 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD