for some reason my shrink os is acting all crazy ever since the hybrid install

it will only see the hybrid, and when i remove a bunch of stuff, it still shows in the java folder

i even tried to install an older os to test it, but with the older os installed shrink os won't even see it. it only sees the hybrid.

this was asked before, but do i need to install the original .593? cuz in the DIY it has not mention of it
    Yes. Always over a fresh OS download. PC has always mentioned it. I would install the hybrid files to the .593 base prior to removing any .cods- whether manually or thru Shrink-a-OS. Also, make sure the file is being downloaded to the correct file folder. I'll check back on you later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 03:50 AM
    Yes. Always over a fresh OS download. PC has always mentioned it. I would install the hybrid files to the .593 base prior to removing any .cods- whether manually or thru Shrink-a-OS. Also, make sure the file is being downloaded to the correct file folder. I'll check back on you later.

yup, i did exactly as you said

removed all previous os installs, installed .593, installed hybrid, ran shrink os and removed a bunch of stuff, went into the java folder via explorer, all files still there, removed a bunch more cod files manually, ran apploader, shows up 5mbs less than before with just .593 installed

i was going to re-install the .593 cuz just i never really liked hybrid stuff.
    but no matter what i do now, shrink os ONLY sees .593 and even when i click to remove cods, they still show up in the java folder. there is also no "removed" folder like there normally is with shrink os

i installed .586 again to troubleshoot. shrink os does not even see the .586 folder. i have also done pc reboots before each process.

i guess the hybrid will have to hold me till later when figure out this issue. i have also tried 2 fresh shrink os downloads/installs
    04-29-10 03:56 AM
    First, I would like to thank the creator of this hybrid. This is my first time installing a hybrid and with your instructions went pretty smoothly. The app I use the most is UberTwitter and for some when I'm reading a tweet and a users name is posted in the tweet, I can no longer hit the trackpad or menu over highlighted username. The option would allow me to follow the user highlighted or at least read their timeline. Is anyone else experiencing this 'bug?' So far, some apps I use work ok, but I haven't fully tested them like this Twitter client

04-29-10 05:02 AM
    Ignore my previous post, I did a reboot and it all works fine now

04-29-10 05:20 AM
    Loaded up the beta last night, errrrr in the wee hours of the morning. It's sweet PC! So far I really love it. Browser is super fast. Media may have been a tad faster on v4, but I'll keep playing and see. If so, I'll just snag the 612 files out of that, and splice them in. The leaks have gotten quiet. I've a feeling something big is next, but time will tell.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

04-29-10 07:09 AM
    do you guys run shrink os on this? if so do you run it on the original os then add the hybrid?

i installed the os, ran the hybrid, did the shrink os.... but nothing was removed

i also noticed that after the install my memory was 5mb lower than what it was before
    I use Window 7 and I had to run Shrink OS as admin for it to shrink it.

04-29-10 08:11 AM
    I usually do it manually, but if I'm rushing I'll let Shrink handle the bulk. Never seems to get the sample media for me, or BBM now. Also won't remove Korean and a few odd language additions.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned*

04-29-10 08:42 AM
    I didn't know how much everyone loved v4! I just hated the battery life on it. I tried doing a 612/643 last night and it bricked my phone, so no luck there

04-29-10 10:52 AM
    Anyone here synchronize/backup with DM over bluetooth?

EDIT: nevermind. Just needed a BP on the phone and a cold boot of the laptop...
    Last edited by hytran; 04-29-10 at 11:15 AM.
    04-29-10 10:57 AM
    I use Window 7 and I had to run Shrink OS as admin for it to shrink it.

running in xp as admin. i have used shrink os and have ran it tons of times. no idea why it decided to mess up now, not even sure if it is coincidence with the hybrid or not
    04-29-10 11:21 AM
    I'd go with cowinkydink myself.

Just realized my hidden today is working perfectly now, which I can't say was the case with any previous OS. Love seeing future calendar events on my screen. Pictures are pulling up fast now, and no evil 523 popping up to F'up my life. Awesome PC, two thumbs up. Eh, make that paws.

04-29-10 01:17 PM

go with cowinkydink myself.
    Just realized my hidden today is working perfectly now, which I can't say was the case with any previous OS. Love seeing future calendar events on my screen. Pictures are pulling up fast now, and no evil 523 popping up to F'up my life. Awesome PC, two thumbs up. Eh, make that paws. [/font][/color][/size][/b]

Wow. And you always had problems with 523 errors! I wonder what fixed it?
    04-29-10 01:59 PM
    Wow. And you always had problems with 523 errors! I wonder what fixed it?
    I did a very minimalistic restore, and even then I notice my more recent addy's and autotext were missing. I don't know WTF got to everything, but it apparently just kept spreading. Heck, I haven't had at least the OMA error for months now. Ran a back up this morning, and it zipped right along, including BB Groups, and in a couple short minutes, I had a fully successful back up done. Shouldn't have had this reaction, but it just awd and amazed my to no end. I felt giddy.

04-29-10 02:28 PM
    this hybrid has been running pretty awesome so far. no complaints

couple things to note tho, as mentioned before, my overall memory went down by 5mb (probably user error tho. haha), and my battery life seems to have shortened a little
    04-29-10 04:38 PM
    I thought your v4 was the best version of your Hybrids (even though in my case, I suffered hyper-menus when the camera app was combined with the browser app).

I was a little hesitant to try your "release" v4.6 but I found improvements everywhere. Seems stable in areas where v4.5 was not, especially the audio player app over Bluetooth. Alas, a warning to VAD users to swap out the v4.6 files for the original .593 files - a few screen shots were provided and instructions on how to do this are one page one of this thread.

I don't find any "stuttering" in v4.6, i.e., very, very few hourglass waits and the battery life has improved.

Thumbs up!

I didn't know how much everyone loved v4! I just hated the battery life on it. I tried doing a 612/643 last night and it bricked my phone, so no luck there

04-29-10 08:55 PM
    yup, i did exactly as you said

removed all previous os installs, installed .593, installed hybrid, ran shrink os and removed a bunch of stuff, went into the java folder via explorer, all files still there, removed a bunch more cod files manually, ran apploader, shows up 5mbs less than before with just .593 installed

i was going to re-install the .593 cuz just i never really liked hybrid stuff.
    but no matter what i do now, shrink os ONLY sees .593 and even when i click to remove cods, they still show up in the java folder. there is also no "removed" folder like there normally is with shrink os

i installed .586 again to troubleshoot. shrink os does not even see the .586 folder. i have also done pc reboots before each process.

i guess the hybrid will have to hold me till later when figure out this issue. i have also tried 2 fresh shrink os downloads/installs
    go to CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download and download ccleaner. use this to uninstall, and then delete everything in the common/rim/shared/loader files, and delete that folder.
    04-29-10 09:27 PM
    PAWN... you did a great job on this OS man...
    04-29-10 09:29 PM
    All I did was just add a few different files! Shouldn't have changed that much! how is the browser guys, any faster than v4.5?
    04-29-10 09:42 PM
    All I did was just add a few different files! Shouldn't have changed that much! how is the browser guys, any faster than v4.5?

IMO, it's faster.
    04-29-10 09:57 PM
    @BlackCRX - Are you putting Shrink in your main OS file, and checking off the box right below browser, labeled "Shrink-A-OS is in my current OS folder?

@PC - damn straight it's fast

At CrackBerry, I bring good search to life.
    Click Here To Be Banned* I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

04-29-10 10:13 PM
    I still love v4 though. Everything worked perfectly except for a few small tweaks! I'm thinking of writing an article on my blog about how I got into hybrids, why i love BB's so much, and just an average day of me working on hybrids! I got a couple of requests for that, would you guys like to read that in this downtime of OS leaks?
    04-29-10 10:34 PM
    I still love v4 though. Everything worked perfectly except for a few small tweaks! I'm thinking of writing an article on my blog about how I got into hybrids, why i love BB's so much, and just an average day of me working on hybrids! I got a couple of requests for that, would you guys like to read that in this downtime of OS leaks?
    I'd rather read that than read about another person on here ranting about an unreleased Blackberry that resembles a VMW.
    04-29-10 11:22 PM
    running in xp as admin. i have used shrink os and have ran it tons of times. no idea why it decided to mess up now, not even sure if it is coincidence with the hybrid or not
    I was going to say that I never had to do it in Vista on my laptop, but I disabled the UAC so it wasn't a big deal. I haven't done that with my Win7 desktop yet. Not a big deal, I just have to remember to do it.
    04-29-10 11:22 PM
    Thanks PC for all of the hard work that you do in making these hybrids. I really enjoy them alot. I don't even use Bolt all that much anymore because the browser is a whole lot faster for me. Then again, the 3G helps. I've also had the Pearl Flip so I do appreciate the speed.

Keep up the good work. Hopefully someone will leak OS6 and you can squeeze the webkit browser in there. I can dream...
    04-29-10 11:30 PM
    @BlackCRX - Are you putting Shrink in your main OS file, and checking off the box right below browser, labeled "Shrink-A-OS is in my current OS folder?

@PC - damn straight it's fast

At CrackBerry, I bring good search to life.
    Click Here To Be Banned* I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

box is not checked, i manually browse for the os
    04-30-10 12:14 AM
153 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD