Personally, I think just the zipped Java, and some simple (because it is, and you shouldn't be muckin' with a hybrid if you can't) instructions would be the easy, effective way to go. Who needs fancy, when we're all about results.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    At CrackBerry, I bring good search to life.
    Click Here To Be Banned* I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 02:01 PM
    The battery life with this version isn't as great as I had with the previous one. I'm already down to 65% free after 4 hours and I haven't been using my phone much since I was in class or driving for 3 of those hours. I don't see anything that could be draining the battery more quickly since I haven't changed any programs that I previously was using. Other than that, this version has been great. After reinstalling all my 3rd party apps I'm at 96 mb free after a battery pull as opposed to 85 with the previous version.

04-20-10 03:19 PM
    Personally, I think just the zipped Java, and some simple (because it is, and you shouldn't be muckin' with a hybrid if you can't) instructions would be the easy, effective way to go. Who needs fancy, when we're all about results.

Yah, I agree. if it's not broken, no need to try and fix it.

Any word on the boards about .618

04-20-10 05:31 PM
    Yah, I agree. if it's not broken, no need to try and fix it.

Any word on the boards about .618

[/CENTER]
    Awww, let's go for gold. How about some 6.0 mixed in the next one?

I hear tell you�re doin� well, good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm, and you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

04-20-10 05:50 PM
    618? I don't think I remember seeing a release with that version...

But I do know that the 643 is the new hotness. Currently for the 9650, but I'm sure at least parts of it will merge in well for the hybrid builders out there.

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Edit to add, I'd just be happy to see the new webkit browser kicking around.... From what I've seen of OS 6 though, it may be tightly integrated to OS 6, and will never launch on the OS 5 platform. Could be a possibility, and why we're seeing the browser speed increases are from porting over as much of the rendering code as they can to OS 5.

Who knows, that theory is much like a hole that everyone has...
    Last edited by HaTaX; 04-20-10 at 06:05 PM.
    04-20-10 05:50 PM
    Yeah what is .618? haven't even heard of that at all yet. But I'm downloading .643 now to see what can be good
    04-20-10 07:01 PM
    Will all my hybrid testers please send me a PM and I will provide the link for the beta
    04-20-10 07:43 PM
    I can't find nuttin' on 618.

Will all my hybrid testers please send me a PM and I will provide the link for the beta
    Again?

04-20-10 07:49 PM
    Actually forget that. I just loaded a full 643 java onto my phone and it automatically dialed 911 and I couldn't hang up the call. This ones a dud for now
    04-20-10 07:50 PM

I hear tell you�re doin� well, good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm, and you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

04-20-10 08:06 PM
    For some reason, the power wont turn off and the end button doesn't work. Confuses the **** out of me :/
    04-20-10 08:07 PM
    Well it dialing 911 was bad, but that you couldn't hang up in the end was a good thing. They don't have much of a sense of humor with that. Keep playin', I'm sure you'll find something fun in that OS.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned*

04-20-10 10:39 PM
    it couldve been me dialing 911, no clue, I tried to press a bunch of random keys cause the end button wouldnt work at all. It also wont power down, but there is another beta coming out so just wait!
    04-20-10 10:48 PM
    I was able to load the full .643 Java on my 9630 and it works extraordinarily well, except for voice dialing! That seemed to be broken. But I'm working on fixing that.
    04-20-10 10:49 PM
    Heh, dialing 911 is no good.. Maybe start pulling that SIM out as an added precaution.

So far so good on with v4 and I'll probably keep on this one until something substantial comes out. I'm sure the leaks will be flowing as we come up on WES 2010.
    04-20-10 10:55 PM
    I'm loading up another hybrid now, got a few .643 files on there. This one will be a public beta, but in order to get it you must visit my blog, or I'll send you a PM (dont want to post this on here because my name might be tarnished if anything happens), and feedback would be appreciated by either PM here, or emailing me (found on my blog, left hand side).

Sorry to pimp my blog out, but I just want to offer my hybrid betas to the most hardcore of my users
    04-20-10 11:05 PM
    I would put in as many .643 files as you can. Completely fixed alot of issues on the 9630.
    04-20-10 11:13 PM
    I would put in as many .643 files as you can. Completely fixed alot of issues on the 9630.
    Full java caused nothing but issues. I'm gonna add in files on a fly-by-night basis. It's in beta right now
    04-20-10 11:17 PM
    I can't find nuttin' on 618.

Again?

I haven't found anything either. Someone on another forum mentioned that it might be released tomorrow. That was it.
    04-20-10 11:39 PM
    Yeah - there's phone issues... I did my own 643 full java. Everything seemed great (I didn't call 911). But The end button doesn't work right on calls. The call ends, but the phone screen doesn't go away, and the call timer keeps ticking. Eventually it times out.

Also, the phone won't turn off. This was pointed out to me by someone else, as I never turn mine off. But neither holding the end key nor clicking the icon turn the phone off.

(All the above is related to .643, btw.)
    04-21-10 03:16 AM
    This is still my own issues with my own full java 643 hybrid, but maybe it'll help you PC, if you're building a more selective hybrid...

My call, menu, escape and end key backlights never turn off. This could be an app issue I suppose, as I have the latest beta Leave It On installed.
    04-21-10 03:23 AM
    Just a follow up from yesterday this hybrid is so smooth also its the only os I've used which connects from a 3G signal to UMA perfectly I'm using an unlocked T-Mobile handset with an orange sim so I put the uma settings in via e screen unlocker I've never had it so good

04-21-10 05:03 AM
    I just wanted to post my feedback on this,

it works AMAZING.

This is the first hybrid/beta OS I've ever used, I've stuck to the at&t official 405 on my 9700 until two days ago, when I decided to give this one a go. It's fantastic. Everything works for me, battery is excellent, and super fast. For some reason my phone used to freeze when receiving texts about once a day under 405, but that hasn't happened in the two days I've had it.

I highly recommend, you will not be disappointed.
    04-21-10 01:14 PM
    Thanks everyone! I'm glad you all enjoy this hybrid.

Just to hear that UMA works well is like a wonder for some people. I've seen friends that are still on .330 because of that one feature. Can anyone else see if UMA is any good?
    04-21-10 01:32 PM
    Excellent hybrid, props to you my friend.

Came across a bug though in blackberry messenger. I couldn't open a new conversation with any of my contacts. Nothing worked so I tried a battery pull. After this, I noticed in my messages all the contacts I tried starting convo with were there, blackberry messenger was behaving normally now. However, I couldn't delete any of the chats from within my messages folder.

Cue another battery pull and its all sorted now.
    Last edited by Waqs; 04-21-10 at 02:10 PM.
    04-21-10 02:06 PM
150 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD