I will be going back to V3. I'm having a serious memory leak and some little error messeges. I did a clean install and I have been using for 2/3 days but when I get messeges or go online my music player stops. This was a good build for speed but I will be going down to 3 when I get home. With 15 apps installed I have 112Mb left but with the same apps installed I had 129Mb left with no music player issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 03:08 PM
    Anyone still experiencing the media player bug?
    04-21-10 03:08 PM
    Anyone still experiencing the media player bug?
    I've never had the media player bug. The memory leak just started affecting me, I had a meg drop in 2 days w/out a battery pull.
    04-21-10 03:18 PM
    Yes I am. Some apps I open or when I do messeges my media player stops.

04-21-10 03:18 PM
    I went back to the standard .593

Thanks for your work pwncake it really did feel responsive.

I use Japanese text input and the hybrid messess with it even though I did a clean install. It worked perfectly for the first few hours then all of a sudden my Japanese text went AWOL. It just stopped. Did *nother fresh install of the hybrid and the same thing happened.
    I gave up and went back to default.

I love the almost no memory leak on this hybrid. My memoryup app only released 612 bytes after 12 hours. I usually loose up to 1 meg a day eith default.

Sadly boot time with default is faster for me 2 minutes 15 seconds from insertion of battery. Boot time with hybrid is 4 minutes from insertion of battery.

I look forward to your next hybrid pwncakes you seem like you know your stuff.

04-22-10 07:01 AM
    Thanks alot! I'm sorry to hear that it didn't end up working out. I don't use Japanese input myself but next time I'll test it out and see how it goes.
    04-22-10 07:13 AM
    It always comes down to what you don't use or own that makes software development hard. Also how you use a device may be significantly different to another person. My phone boot up speed is a bit faster than some people because I keep my wallpaper on the phone memory and not in the sd card. I also made sure the buy a class 6 16gig card which is also quite fast so my multimedia and ringtones never stick.

I forgot to mention though that the camera menu on your hybrid is wonky especially when I start the camera after I start the browser using the quick access key.

Be sure to use many beta testers for your next build. A single developer has it hard. Make it easier on yourself. Caio.

04-22-10 07:53 AM
    The 9700 is not able to read past class 3 or 4, so anything higher is a wash. Each person has their own issues on each os too. I hate how it goes

04-22-10 10:16 AM
    I've never had the media player bug. The memory leak just started affecting me, I had a meg drop in 2 days w/out a battery pull.

No media bug at all for me.
    04-22-10 10:55 AM
    I install every OS available for my 9700. It gives me something to do. The day I got my T-mo 9700 with .330, I upgraded to the latest beta. I have tried several hybrids as well.

This is definitely worth trying. Best OS on my phone to date.

Thanks for allowing me to share your work.
    04-22-10 11:31 AM
    The class 6 in my phone works like a class six and I don't know why. I only bought it because it was the only 16gig on sale. I notices also the boot time on my phone is way shorter than other people. I have some japanese stuff on my phone so I wonder if that's what helps ? Its called japanese options in my applist addons. Anyone can help ?
    My carrier is also working with the japanese so .. Help ?

04-22-10 01:08 PM
    My findings thus far on .612 Java - The load time is faster at boot up, overall OS is steady, no lags. Great Job, However I notice some bugs as I did read through the post and saw others with the same problem.

- When I go in my picture folder, the pictures takes a long time to load, before this wasn't the case.

- When I receive an incoming call, once connected the screen fonts and pic is larger then usual

- After the phone reboots, it would flash with my carrier screen then go back black until you press the track pad again to see the carrier logo. Usually it reverts to your carrier splash screen without going black.

Can't really think of anything more. These issues are not a big deal so I'm keeping it for now. Thanks for this hybrid.

And yes I did do a wipe of my OS with BBSAK before loading new OS.
    Last edited by tfrankson; 04-24-10 at 01:07 AM.
    04-24-10 01:04 AM
    Pc can you please put up a new link to the .612 zip files the old link isn't working I've had to downgrade to this version as with .643 I lost my voice dialling

04-24-10 11:45 AM
    Pc can you please put up a new link to the .612 zip files the old link isn't working I've had to downgrade to this version as with .643 I lost my voice dialling

Hmmmmmm, been using vad quite successfully.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

04-24-10 12:00 PM
    Hmmmmmm, been using vad quite successfully.

when you hit the left convinence key for voice dialler you get an error : vsuite version mismatch expected 3235 got 3231
    04-24-10 02:40 PM
    Just switched the left convenience key, and tested it both on BT and the headset. Worked both times, so I'm still hmmmmmmmmmmm.

At CrackBerry, I bring good search to life.
    Click Here To Be Banned* I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

04-24-10 03:01 PM
    Well, I was going to say that mine didn't work. Then I remembered I removed the .cods. Just added mine .cods back and works fine via Jawbone. Just called dad as I type.
    04-24-10 03:28 PM
    I think then I may have to rip all files off the pc and start a fresh then hopefully this will fix vad it did work with .612 but I can't get the zip files back I'm back using .593 and it works so I may have corrupted them without realising it I did over write
    .612 with .643

04-24-10 04:12 PM
    Hmm, loading time after a battery pull seems very long. Wierd.
    04-24-10 04:50 PM
    Could someone please verify mass storage works? Its not for me and its something I use regulary.
    04-24-10 05:53 PM
    Load time is about 2 minutes. I definitely should know, had a 523 for days from a fubar in my backup.

Mass storage, if that didn't work I'd be screaming.

04-24-10 06:19 PM
    Hmm, loading time after a battery pull seems very long. Wierd.
    Yeah, for the initial for me as well. Anytime after that has been smooth and a lot faster.
    04-24-10 08:08 PM
    Camera lags sometimes.
    04-25-10 01:53 AM
    I'm really liking the hybrid. just 1 issue.... berrybuzz doesn't seem to want to appear in the device options menu. but the icon for berrybuzz still brings up the pop-up to send me to the options menu.
    04-25-10 05:43 AM
    I'm really liking the hybrid. just 1 issue.... berrybuzz doesn't seem to want to appear in the device options menu. but the icon for berrybuzz still brings up the pop-up to send me to the options menu.
    Battery pull and it's in Options after it boots.
    04-26-10 10:12 AM
150 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD