05-30-10 07:48 PM
148 1234 ...
tools
    Hmm, other people check and make sure that you have all your BIS account icons. I do have 2 BIS accounts, one tmo.blackberry.net one and one personal IMAP account on BIS. Also have a BES account as well, but icons for all of them are showing up fine.

Sure you didn't hide it and bury it somewhere? I'm not running exactly the same files as PC's hybrid, but pretty darn close.
    04-01-10 02:07 AM
    Sure you didn't hide it and bury it somewhere? I'm not running exactly the same files as PC's hybrid, but pretty darn close.
    I've looked around a bit for it... it is getting kinda late for me, but I like having my 3 mail folders separate, so I'm not in the habit of hiding them.

I'll do another batt pull and service book resend before I hit the sack and report back tomorrow.

It could be a just me thing - somehow I seem prone to that - maybe it because I load all these crazy betas and hybrids!

TT y'all L
    04-01-10 02:12 AM
    FYI - my gmail and personal IMAP accounts show up fine. It's just the bb account icon that's gone AWOL. And like I say, the messages still come through to the Messages folder. It seems like I hid it somewhere... I'll look into that further tomorrow.

G'night!
    04-01-10 02:15 AM
    Maybe try deleting the service books for it, pull the battery, and then resend them? Worth a shot in the AM if it's not to life by then.
    04-01-10 02:33 AM
    V2.5 + Radio 145 = Perfect
    04-01-10 04:40 AM
    I've seen RIM send service books with automatic hidden icons (on occasion)

just go to show all, I bet your other mail icons will be there
    04-01-10 08:02 AM
    which one is better? v2 or v2.5? they were released so closely together.
    V2 got released and then I found out what files control the recently used contacts in email. I quickly pulled it down, and there is no download link for it anymore. V2.5 is extremely lightweight, and extremely close to OEM as you can possibly get.
    04-01-10 08:13 AM
    Ok help out my old tired mind what is this recently used contacts thing in messages? And what is .607 browser gives you that others don't. Just curious thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 08:19 AM
    Ok help out my old tired mind what is this recently used contacts thing in messages? And what is .607 browser gives you that others don't. Just curious thanks

http://crackberry.com/show-recent-co...t-bold-9700-os

They pulled the feature out from the base .586

And the browser is for a little bit of quicker speed, as it got great marks in the storm2 forum. It's also for people who like to have the newest and the best
    04-01-10 08:27 AM
    can you please upload to other website?
    04-01-10 08:32 AM
    http://crackberry.com/show-recent-co...t-bold-9700-os

They pulled the feature out from the base .586

And the browser is for a little bit of quicker speed, as it got great marks in the storm2 forum. It's also for people who like to have the newest and the best
    Thanks PC. I didn't realize that. Thays one thing I never tested when I originally installed .586

04-01-10 08:35 AM
    can you please upload to other website?
    4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download PwnCakes 9700 Hybrid v2.5.exe
    04-01-10 08:37 AM
    Nice job again. Thanks!
    04-01-10 12:32 PM
    Hmm, other people check and make sure that you have all your BIS account icons. I do have 2 BIS accounts, one tmo.blackberry.net one and one personal IMAP account on BIS. Also have a BES account as well, but icons for all of them are showing up fine.

Yah, initially had one missing/hidden. Anyway, recent service books, BP, and the 4th e-mail account appeared.
    04-01-10 12:50 PM
    Wow. Was just at Best Buy looking for screen protectors for my BB an the guy said check crackberry. I told him I made hybrids on there and guess what... he was using my hybrid!!
    04-01-10 01:32 PM
    Wow. Was just at Best Buy looking for screen protectors for my BB an the guy said check crackberry. I told him I made hybrids on there and guess what... he was using my hybrid!!
    Now that's a very cool compliment.

04-01-10 02:20 PM
    Here's an idea for someone bright enough to create hybrids.

How is it that when we connect to DM it knows what vendor to check and see if there is an OS update for our Blackberry? In other words, I'm on ATT and I connect to DM (let's say I'm using OS .296); it comes back and tells me that .405 is available. Now, I don't know but I imagine, if I had a Rogers, TMO etc 9600, it would come back and tell me that whatever Rogers newest official OS is, is available.

It obviously locates some file on our Bb to read and know what carrier we are using and then checks for that carriers latest OS. But what if we could trick it. What if we could manipulate the contents of whatever file it is, to make it think that we were using a different carrier.

Why? Because it would be nice to plug in right now and have it think that I was on COSMOTE and tell me to click to update to .586. Any ideas?

BTW, the reason I ask is that I'm on a MAC and updating to anything other than an official release in damn near impossible! I used to use Parallels but lately it won't play nice. If someone could solve the issue, you would have a very large number of Bb MAC users forever in debt!
    Last edited by PhilipC; 04-01-10 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Added more
    04-01-10 03:36 PM
    Sorry for the late update, I've been pretty busy today. My blackberry.net folder showed up at some point. So that's all good.

I noticed something today. I don't know if it's related to this OS or not (I'd have to imagine it's .586 not the hybrid). While listening to Pandora, when I took a picture, the music stopped the whole time the camera app was running. Going into media and looking at pictures had no effect. I don't know if I ever tried the combo before, so I don't know if this is new.

As to the question above about how DM knows your carrier - I believe this is part of the device's nonvolatile ROM. Changing that is something we're not supposed to talk about on CB, and afaik there IS no way to change it on a 9700.

04-01-10 05:23 PM
    I noticed something today. I don't know if it's related to this OS or not (I'd have to imagine it's .586 not the hybrid). While listening to Pandora, when I took a picture, the music stopped the whole time the camera app was running. Going into media and looking at pictures had no effect. I don't know if I ever tried the combo before, so I don't know if this is new.

Happens to me too but I am using Slacker instead of Pandora, and once I close the camera I have to go back into Slacker to start the music again.

So far this is the only problem I have found. Everything seems to be going smoothly. I had to do a double take when restarting my BB today because the boot time was SO fast, I couldn't believe it for a second and had to check my clock to make sure I hadn't zoned out or something lol

A+ PC
    04-01-10 05:53 PM
    In any blackberry os the camera stops all music from playing. Its a security and privacy feature, not related to this hybrid

04-01-10 05:58 PM
    Mybe ill get the guts to try a hybrid one day. ill see how this one does.
    04-01-10 06:01 PM
    I made this hybrid as simple as possible. Try it out

04-01-10 06:07 PM
    Here's an idea for someone bright enough to create hybrids.

How is it that when we connect to DM it knows what vendor to check and see if there is an OS update for our Blackberry? In other words, I'm on ATT and I connect to DM (let's say I'm using OS .296); it comes back and tells me that .405 is available. Now, I don't know but I imagine, if I had a Rogers, TMO etc 9600, it would come back and tell me that whatever Rogers newest official OS is, is available.

It obviously locates some file on our Bb to read and know what carrier we are using and then checks for that carriers latest OS. But what if we could trick it. What if we could manipulate the contents of whatever file it is, to make it think that we were using a different carrier.

Why? Because it would be nice to plug in right now and have it think that I was on COSMOTE and tell me to click to update to .586. Any ideas?

BTW, the reason I ask is that I'm on a MAC and updating to anything other than an official release in damn near impossible! I used to use Parallels but lately it won't play nice. If someone could solve the issue, you would have a very large number of Bb MAC users forever in debt!
    What you're essentially asking for is the ability to un-brand/re-brand your phone. See this thread for a basic discussion on why we don't speak about this on Crackberry.com http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/unl...anding-181612/ and anything that alters the "permanent" boot rom.

In a nutshell it will void your warranty, and the tools needed were leaked from personnel inside RIM, and using such may or may not violate intellectual property rights and law (and anyway use windows). So the simplest answer is that this is not something that an OS Hybrid builder can change as it is embedded into the device rom and the specific sector needs to be re-written using said software. Albeit possible, this is not an alteration you would wish to make to your device every time a new OS comes out so you could have the latest, as the solid red or blinking lights that come from inexperiened tinkering in these "permanent" sectors are not just repairable with a simple battery pull or OS reload. So unfortunately the best way is to buddy up with a PC for now. Hang in there!
    Last edited by xxxkrew; 04-01-10 at 06:40 PM.
    04-01-10 06:22 PM
    That's a false statement. Its just impossible to install leaked os's on mac os.

04-01-10 06:35 PM
    That's a false statement. Its just impossible to install leaked os's on mac os.

You are correct, I was addressing the official release that he was speaking about .586
    04-01-10 06:40 PM
148 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD