all the link for the 566 base are down.... i can't try this hybrid....
    Give me an hour, I can upload it to my 4share

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 07:24 AM
    Thanks for the offer and for posting. So far no issues. Installed last night. Started getting an app error this morning. After a BP, no more errors-so far. However, the very 1st app I reinstalled was a theme from someone using 4.7 and not 5.0. If it become an issue, I'll delete it. Also, used a clean install for .566. Took a minute or two and I found a viable link after googling it. Otherwise, I would have utilized my other laptop that already has the OS on it. I've used Hybrids from Dubie76, Kimmi, in the past, and now yours. Apps

BTW, tried the latest from Dubie, wiped, installed this hybrid. Nothing wrong with the other, just a matter of preference for me. Always good to have options. For now, I'm happy with this hybrid.

Well I'm very happy to see you're using it with no problems! Have you had any errors in the borwser, media player, or sms? I just want to make sure everything is working like it should.

And it is great to see you using this hybrid, as I still recognized you from the bold 9000 forums almost a year ago

03-26-10 07:27 AM
    I'm hoping there will be no issues with me dropping the BBM .66 cods over your .65 cods...
    03-26-10 07:33 AM
    Good hybrid. Seemed snappier plus I had more memory compared to .545. However, there are two rooms in my house where I got very low signal on .545. On this hybrid it keeps going to SOS and scanning for network. I guess its the radio file from 566.
    03-26-10 08:34 AM
    So far so good, except for the unexplained reboot while entering my Meterberry key...

Will advise...
    03-26-10 09:30 AM
    So far so good, except for the unexplained reboot while entering my Meterberry key...

Will advise...
    I have meterberry too, but I didn't get a reboot. BL said earlier that he got a reboot for an app. It should work fine from now on

03-26-10 09:46 AM
    Yep, it's been working fine ever since...

Thanks for all the work...
    03-26-10 10:56 AM
    Yep, it's been working fine ever since...

Thanks for all the work...
    No problem! I'm glad everyone is enjoying this so far, especially with minimal issues. And my MeterBerry is reporting 1.4 % per hour battery drop, with 3G enabled!
    03-26-10 11:16 AM
    I'm downloading it now. Wish me luck with bbsaking it over my 566 install. Backups so done so if it all goes south, I'll start from scratch. My connection is ultra slow, so the download will take an hour Ouch !!!
    03-26-10 12:11 PM
    Hmmm... anyone else have two Options icons? Gulp.

03-26-10 12:56 PM
    that's odd, the second is gone now? ok, eveything ok.
    03-26-10 12:59 PM
    that's odd, the second is gone now? ok, eveything ok.
    I setup a remote uplink and fixed it for you.

03-26-10 01:00 PM
    The two options is strange. Never had that happen. For best results, I urge everyone to always wipe before installing a hybrid. If anything weird happens, let me know
    03-26-10 01:13 PM
    Well I'm very happy to see you're using it with no problems! Have you had any errors in the borwser, media player, or sms? I just want to make sure everything is working like it should.

And it is great to see you using this hybrid, as I still recognized you from the bold 9000 forums almost a year ago

Finally had a chance to check and report back:

Browser - no issues and as fast as you can get - especially supporting java script, and changing the pic quality from low to medium (high quality may/may not cause the browser to "slightly" lag).

Media player - fast forward / reverse no issues. Listening to my media player and called my blackberry....said a few words, ended the call, and media player resumed with no issues as I deleted the pop up informing me of a missed call.

SMS- no problems that I've noticed with the items not being really deleted.

Been using the theme (I mentioned earlier) and waiting all day for another app error. None since this morning around 04:45.

Good work.

Just saw the post....no double option icons
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 03-26-10 at 01:25 PM. Reason: edit. :)
    03-26-10 01:22 PM
    Finally had a chance to check and report back:

Browser - no issues and as fast as you can get - especially supporting java script, and changing the pic quality from low to medium (high quality may/may not cause the browser to "slightly" lag).

Media player - fast forward / reverse no issues. Listening to my media player and called my blackberry....said a few words, and media player resumed with no issues as I deleted the pop up informing me of a missed call.

SMS- no problems that I've noticed with the items not being really deleted.

Been using the theme (I mentioned earlier) and waiting all day for another app error. None since this morning around 04:45.

Good work.

Thank you very much, and I am happy to see you are having no issues.

Glad to see that the media bug is successfully resolved, the SMS problems being resolved.

Does your app switcher still work the right way in the browser? Cause that was the hardest thing to fix
    03-26-10 01:25 PM
    No problem! I'm glad everyone is enjoying this so far, especially with minimal issues. And my MeterBerry is reporting 1.4 % per hour battery drop, with 3G enabled!
    Good to know. Monitoring mine as well.

Does your app switcher still work the right way in the browser? Cause that was the hardest thing to fix
    Tried taking a pic from my BB (on the CB site and using the app switcher) using Zona Snap and no dice. But, it is working fine.
    03-26-10 01:44 PM
    My issues had nothing to do with this hybrid. BASAk has been giving me issues with uploading 3rd Party apps. So, I ended up going back to the app store and resending.
    03-26-10 01:47 PM
    I have meterberry too, but I didn't get a reboot. BL said earlier that he got a reboot for an app. It should work fine from now on

I was sent a theme built for the 4.7 OS (from a friend) - which may or may not work when using 5.0 on your Blackberry. So, if it starts again, I'll delete it.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 03-26-10 at 02:27 PM.
    03-26-10 02:25 PM
    If the worst issues are incompatibility and extra icons, I think this was a success!
    03-26-10 02:27 PM
    If the worst issues are incompatibility and extra icons, I think this was a success!
    I agree. It's working great for me.
    03-26-10 02:31 PM
    I agree. It's working great for me.
    You have no idea how awesome that is to me. This is my first hybrid that I've released to the public, and I'm glad everyone is liking it so much! It gives me incentive to make another one
    03-26-10 02:37 PM
    Well, I'm enjoying this one. I'll be around if you make another from the next OS.

03-26-10 02:48 PM
    Well, I'm enjoying this one. I'll be around if you make another from the next OS.

I'm waiting for the supposed .586 leak, and then try to fix those problems.
    03-26-10 02:51 PM
    this has been working great for me. Much faster the the oem version. The only issue issue i saw was a icon missing but i just reinstalled program and it fixed that.

Love it!!
    03-26-10 05:10 PM
    I just got an error when listening to music, the program froze but then everything went back to normal after about 15 seconds. I am also going to put an errors list on the main post.
    03-27-10 12:28 PM
158 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD