EDIT: I'd like to take a second and thank everyone who has tried my hybrid! I hope everyone enjoys it, and sees minimal issues with it.

So in light of .566, and how everyone is having some problems I have decided to make my own little hybrid, using .cod files from .545 and .571. To be clear, this hybrid is just for fixing a few issues with the new OS, with speed being an added bonus

INCLUDES:
    Base .566
    Adds media and SMS files from .545 to improve stability and fix issues with those two programs.
    Files from .571 to fix App Switcher.
    BBM .65

ISSUES FIXED:

- Fast/rewinding in video and music player is fixed, no more 1 second only.
    - All SMS issues, you can delete SMS's without having them not actually be deleted and keep popping back up.
    - Fixed the app switcher in browser!

ISSUES WITH HYBRID:
    - Multiple icons - 1 User found this
    - Music app froze for 5 seconds - 1 User found this.

HOW TO:

Download 5.0.0.566 from any of the links found on Crackberry or any other website.

Install .566 to your computer, then download the attachment I have included on this post (Put in .zip format for ease of use), and extract all the .cods to a folder on the desktop, or a temporary location.

Then go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v5.0.0.566_P5.1.0.145\Java

Take all the .cods that you just extracted and drag 'n' drop them into the Java folder we just found, click yes to replace all.

WIPE YOUR PHONE USING BBSAK!!!

Reload your OS through BBSAK or loader.exe method.

You're done!

EDIT:
    The steps I take afterwards installation are
    - Restore all content, download all apps again
    - Pull battery, wait 1 minute.
    - Pull battery 2 more times, waiting one minute before putting the battery back in.
    - Pull battery once every few hours just to make sure everything is settled in correctly (OPTIONAL)

Any/All feedback is appreciated, if more clarification is needed, don't be hesitant to ask! I'm on all the time, so PMing me would work too.

4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download Java.zip

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PROBLEMS WITH YOUR BLACKBERRY..... although that shouldn't be happening
    Last edited by PwnCakes193; 03-27-10 at 12:29 PM.
    03-25-10 04:05 PM
    do you have to re-install the whole os?
    can you just use bbsak and add/remove the files required?
    03-25-10 04:10 PM
    do you have to re-install the whole os?
    can you just use bbsak and add/remove the files required?
    You have to reinstall the whole OS, there are a ton of files in the hybrid... but it fixes every issue with .566 that I have seen.
    03-25-10 04:14 PM
    Thanks a bunch! Going to give it a shot later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-10 04:53 PM
    Thanks a bunch! Going to give it a shot later.

No problem man, just tell me how everything goes, and if you would like to see anything else in the future! I would love to hear from everyone who uses this.
    03-25-10 04:59 PM
    Installing it now, will give some feedback tomorrow.

Thanks for the hybrid
    03-25-10 07:50 PM
    Installing it now, will give some feedback tomorrow.

Thanks for the hybrid

I've been running this hybrid since 1 PM. No problems at all, and everything works the way it should!
    03-25-10 07:51 PM
    What apps you got running and whats your memory at?
    03-25-10 08:00 PM
    What apps you got running and whats your memory at?
    Camera muter, Docs to go, meterberry, brickbreaker, word mole, uno, nintaii, druglord wars, addictive tower defense, pipe dreams, megaman.

Got 135 MB free.

But I also trimmed out some stuff like VAD
    03-25-10 08:02 PM
    I might have to graft together my own OS as well, seems the PITA media playing bug is back.... IE. listening to a voicemail in youmail and an incoming alert trips a audible alert and stops the VM from playing... Anyone know if the media player CODs in this hybrid do the same thing?

I would just load it up and try it out, but would like to see some people run it for a day or two to see what happens.
    03-25-10 09:05 PM
    I might have to graft together my own OS as well, seems the PITA media playing bug is back.... IE. listening to a voicemail in youmail and an incoming alert trips a audible alert and stops the VM from playing... Anyone know if the media player CODs in this hybrid do the same thing?

I would just load it up and try it out, but would like to see some people run it for a day or two to see what happens.
    Just sent myself 10 texts while playing some Bad Company, then had my friends send me texts while I was watching a video... Nothing wrong so far. It uses the media player from .545 if you wanted to know that.
    03-25-10 09:09 PM
    I'll try it.
    03-25-10 10:20 PM
    I'll try it.
    If you need any help, please be free to PM or ask.
    03-25-10 10:22 PM
    Don't have access to a pc to download until tomorrow morning, but I will download and load it as soon as I do. I'm going to try and push bbsak to it's limit and see if I can load all the cods at once through it (instead of wiping & reloading the whole OS). I've had lots of luck with it in the past. If not I'll wipe and start from scratch.

I did not get any sms bugs/problems w/ my current 566 install, so I am not going to install any of the sms cods. There was a little reported bbm/sms bug in 536 & 545 that 566 does not have. The bug involved sms contacts that you add to bbm (this let's send sms msgs through bbm and not many ppl know/use this feature). The actual bug (reported by the few users that have sms contacts in bbm) is when you back out of a sms conversation you are having in bbm - it will first take you back to a msg list (like the sms folder or the last email folder you viewed) and you have to press back again to get back to the bbm conversation/contacts list. Since this bug is not in 566, (and I love having sms conversations in bbm) I don't want the 545 sms cods back.

Great job PwnCakes! Thanks for your work on this. I'll post how it goes once I actually get the download and install done.

03-25-10 10:37 PM
    Thanks a lot! I used the .545 sms cods because people complained about how SMS wouldn't be deleted and overall bugginess.

03-25-10 10:41 PM
    Thanks a lot! I used the .545 sms cods because people complained about how SMS wouldn't be deleted and overall bugginess.

I'm sure the ppl that don't use sms constacts in bbm (the vast majority) and do have sms problems in 566 will benefit greatly from your hybrid in its entirety. However, since I did not have sms problems in 566 (but did in 545) am skipping the sms cods.

I'm still using the rest of your hybrid files though! Don't feel bad, it's just in my particular case, a few of the files probably won't work for me.

I'll update you tomorrow.

03-25-10 10:54 PM
    No offense taken, just explaining why I made that certain decision. I can't wait to hear your results

03-25-10 10:57 PM
    can i still use the JL_Cmder method or does it have to be bbsak? : ) lol just wondering, wanting to make sure.
    03-25-10 11:35 PM
    You can use JL, I just say BBSAK because its a pretty universal tool.

03-25-10 11:36 PM
    Just sent myself 10 texts while playing some Bad Company, then had my friends send me texts while I was watching a video... Nothing wrong so far. It uses the media player from .545 if you wanted to know that.
    Odd, just tested it again with both the media player and YouMail and media player just stopped when the incoming alert was played, and actually YouMail kinda freaked out when I tried to un-pause the VM and I had to do a Cap-Alt-Del.

Kind of surprised it works for you as 545 also had the same problem for me, only one that worked right was 536...
    03-26-10 12:15 AM
    Odd, just tested it again with both the media player and YouMail and media player just stopped when the incoming alert was played, and actually YouMail kinda freaked out when I tried to un-pause the VM and I had to do a Cap-Alt-Del.

Kind of surprised it works for you as 545 also had the same problem for me, only one that worked right was 536...
    Well if you would like i could make a special version of my hybrid (if you like it), with the sms cods from .536.
    03-26-10 12:23 AM
    Appreciate the offer! Not sure it's the SMS cod files though, I'm thinking it's something related to the media player. I may mess around with it this weekend while I've got some down time and figure out what works for me.

I'm still curious if others can get this to happen with an alert and listening to a YouMail VM. If it's just me, it could be a 3rd party app that's giving me my fits...

Again, thanks for the offer, but don't want you to waste time on something that could be just my own personal issue....
    (Got enough of those already, believe me)
    03-26-10 01:57 AM
    If you need any help, please be free to PM or ask.
    Thanks for the offer and for posting. So far no issues. Installed last night. Started getting an app error this morning. After a BP, no more errors-so far. However, the very 1st app I reinstalled was a theme from someone using 4.7 and not 5.0. If it become an issue, I'll delete it. Also, used a clean install for .566. Took a minute or two and I found a viable link after googling it. Otherwise, I would have utilized my other laptop that already has the OS on it. I've used Hybrids from Dubie76, Kimmi, in the past, and now yours. Apps:

BerryJoose
    BeWeather
    BBM
    BBMaps
    BB App World
    Fancy Characters
    Polyglotz
    MeterBerry
    QuickLaunch
    First Responder
    NIOSH
    Leave It On

BTW, tried the latest from Dubie, wiped, installed this hybrid. Nothing wrong with the other, just a matter of preference for me. Always good to have options. For now, I'm happy with this hybrid.

Last edited by Blacklatino; 03-26-10 at 06:52 AM.
    03-26-10 06:41 AM
    all the link for the 566 base are down.... i can't try this hybrid....
    03-26-10 06:45 AM
    So in light of .566, and how everyone is having some problems I have decided to make my own little hybrid, using .cod files from .545 and .571.
    Awesome, I've been waiting for this - I JUST had the SMS bug pop up on me on the train this morning.

Wiping and reinstalling will make for a nice Friday project at the office. Sometimes it's good to be the sysadmin

Thanks again, I'm sure it's all good
    03-26-10 07:12 AM
158 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD