I just received my Tour today and having trouble with provisioning. The phone is activated and showing 1xev. It tried to complete the provisioning twice and failed both times saying it cannot be registered with the wireless network. I tried pulling the battery a couple times and registering the host routing table in options.

Am I missing something here?
    07-14-09 10:47 PM
    i got the same problem, called sprint twice and they couldn't fix it,they directed me to go to the sprint to tech services
    07-14-09 10:50 PM
    I haven't gotten through to tech support with Sprint yet. I was on hold for 20 minutes, they answered and then hung up. Gotta love it!

I believe I have the same simply everything date plan. No changes since I upgraded from the Curve. But I guess they could have messed something up. I will try calling tech support again tomorrow.
    07-14-09 11:04 PM
    On Sprint can you change ESN's via the website?

If so, try this. Load up your curve. Program it. Then make a call/use data.

After this works, then swap it back.

I have done this on Verizon, but I am not sure if you can do this via the website for Sprint though.
    07-14-09 11:09 PM
    I'm having the same problem with no solution yet.. has anyone had any luck?
    07-15-09 08:21 AM
    I had the same problem yesterday. I did the "registering the host routing table in options" a few times and didn't seem to help. Hours later I got a message that it registered and my Tour started doing things and up popped the browser and everything else.
    07-15-09 08:31 AM
    afaik this can only be fixed by sprint ota..

symptoms:
    my g/f new curve had the same .. no browser, bbm, nav, tvstore icons nuttin.. no option to setup email even.

clues:
    I saw that the HRT was empty and it never filled when i tried *register with network*
    Also the user account on sprint.blackberry.com did not recognise the pin

so i called sprint and after 20mins it was all sorted...clearly a provisioning issue from the network end..
    07-15-09 08:36 AM
    just found this.. i never tried it... tried both but not at same time...lol, hope it helps!

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...=1#post3052516
    07-15-09 08:43 AM
    My phone was on all night got nothing.. and I was on the phone with tech support for an hour last night and they can't figure it out
    07-15-09 08:45 AM
    I got my tour yesterday and had the same issue. I went to the Sprint store and after 3 hours and 2 calls to blackberry support, the tech got it to work.
    07-15-09 08:53 AM
    There is a 2nd thread about this issue mentioned above by Mystic. I think the last option is to take it in to a Sprint store and have them try to set it up.

Sorry for the multiple thread on same topic. I just missed seeing the other one when I posted this last night.
    07-15-09 10:24 AM
    I just came home from getting my phone set up at the sprint store. He was unable to do a "trick" to get my data working so i was informed to just wait it out. After i did a back up and restore, the browser and email popped up in my menu. This couldn't have been more than an hour from activation.
    07-15-09 10:41 AM
    After being on the phone with several Sprint reps from every department, my Tour is now provisioned and everything is working!

For anyone else that is having this problem, ask your rep to cancel the account connection completely and reset everything from scratch. Wipe the device and then everything should work great.
    07-15-09 05:11 PM
    I ended up getting an authorization to open my second tour that I accidently got and it provisioned perfect and I'm typing on it now

I
    07-15-09 05:35 PM
    After being on the phone with several Sprint reps from every department, my Tour is now provisioned and everything is working!

For anyone else that is having this problem, ask your rep to cancel the account connection completely and reset everything from scratch. Wipe the device and then everything should work great.
    That's exactly what they had to do with mine. I even suggested it right off the bat but they insisted on trying the other steps first so the whole thing took over an hour with chat & phone support!
    07-19-09 10:32 AM
    ok big question here---i had an old bb
    07-19-09 11:37 AM
    ok big question here---i had an old bb
    07-19-09 11:37 AM
    sorry i hit the enter button by accident..
    question:

i had an old bb with Sprint and just got my tour friday ---but my signal strength stays at only 1 - 2 bars---can this be a portion of what everyone is talking about?
    thanks
    07-19-09 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD