01-15-10 04:50 AM
113 ... 2345
tools
    I upgraded to .419 today and so far I LOVE it. Threaded SMS is awesome, it corrected a problem I was having with my ATT sim card, and most of all I have always hated the fact that I couldn't get a BlackBerry to vibrate and ring at the same time, now I can!

Both Sprint Nav and Sprint TV work for me, I just downloaded the latest versions for both. I haven't noticed any difference in battery charge yet.

The only two things I've noticed were the lack of a 3g icon (a petty complaint IMO, but I have to admit I was a little geek-excited for it) and I also noticed that any pop up messages were not transparent as they used to be. I didn't see anybody else mention this, but has anybody noticed this too and is it meant to be that way? I thought the interface looked a lot cooler with transparent windows.
    Thanks for posting this. I just fired up Sprint TV and it's working for me now too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 10:46 PM
    I installed today and am loving it! I had a 5.0 hybrid on my Curve and loved that. The only "issue" that I'm having is the confirmation e-mail every time I do a battery pull. I can live with that. Transitions, browser, everything seems faster and cleaner. And reboot time has dropped to 4 minutes (down from about 9), whoo!
    01-08-10 10:49 PM
    The only "issue" that I'm having is the confirmation e-mail every time I do a battery pull.
    Forgot about that. It is pretty annoying, especially since I have my "messages" icon hidden (I separate SMS and email, so it's pretty useless for me), I have to show all everytime I reboot. Is this an OS issue or a Sprint issue though?
    01-08-10 11:04 PM
    I'm in Canada on Sasktel so I don't think it's just a carrier issue. But I've been wrong before...
    01-08-10 11:08 PM
    Thanks for posting this. I just fired up Sprint TV and it's working for me now too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hmm. Nevermind. Swapped batteries, rebooted, no more Sprint TV again.
    01-09-10 12:52 AM
    well, been running 419 now for about a day, upgraded from the latest Official 4.xxx

so far so good. runs super quick, no issues, rebooted amazingly fast. battery seems to be lasting a lot longer. sent a few messages, checked facebook, downloaded two small apps (less than a mb) and averaging about 1.9% /hour for the battery.... not to bad....

i'll update if i have issues... but so far so good.... definitely a nice improvement
    01-09-10 08:50 AM
    Well, I'm not sure if something went wrong with mine...........

but it would delete my address book, facebook login, and reset my wallpaper every time I did a battery pull.

Back to .230
    01-09-10 09:04 AM
    well, been running 419 now for about a day, upgraded from the latest Official 4.xxx

so far so good. runs super quick, no issues, rebooted amazingly fast. battery seems to be lasting a lot longer. sent a few messages, checked facebook, downloaded two small apps (less than a mb) and averaging about 1.9% /hour for the battery.... not to bad....

I have great success with the improved battery life and it has got better over the last 3 days.

I went from 6:30am to around 11:45pm Monday ended the day at 40%
    same time span for Thursday ended with 70%
    Same time span for Friday and ended at 85%
    01-09-10 10:51 AM
    Does anyone know what the latest version of Sprint TV is? And aside from the two up top, has anyone else gotten it to work?

Thanks
    01-09-10 11:05 AM
    And when your internet is open, and you go to options, what are Gears?
    01-09-10 11:12 AM
    Can anyone tell me how to upgrade the Sprint tv app. I think there's 1.7 out there but I can't find where or how to download it. My Sprint tv was working before the 5.0 upgrade now all I get is "unavailable" for each channel.
    01-10-10 10:29 AM
    battery life super sucks for me.
    doing the batter pulls to see if it improves..
    keep u posted.
    01-10-10 11:15 AM
    I second that. I also have a small memory leak but thats no big deal. The browser is a little slower too, also no big deal there too. Besides for that, its awesome.
    Is your battery life getting better yet?
    01-10-10 12:01 PM
    Works great for me. No problems at all.
    01-10-10 02:16 PM
    I noticed something odd today. A friend sent me a picture and I saved it to my Media folder. When I go and try to send that picture, options, send as MMS, enter address, it will not let me send. If I go to a picture I took myself I can send it without a problem. I've tried several battery pulls to try to fix this, but nothing has worked. Not a big deal... just found it a bit odd...
    01-10-10 08:12 PM
    Battery drains way faster than .230, but also charges way faster, I'm assuming that it doesn't actually fully charge which is why it says it's full then empty so quickly. The registration thing is annoying as ****, esp since i had no prl issues with .230, boot time is 2:34 compared to 4:55 with .230 and 7:14 with 4.7. Don't use sprint tv so idc if it works or not. Battery and Registering every time are my only major gripes.
    The battery not charging up all the way seems to be the case I think. I've noticed, waking up during the night sometimes, that my BB has entered into Bedside Mode on its own and the charger symbol is not showing. I know it was showing before I went to bed. I'll exit out of Bedside and go back to sleep, only to wake up in the morning and it's back in bedside mode and still not showing charging symbol. Seems to me there is a bug with the clock and charging....like you said. Not charging all the way or maybe even like the OS is formed to put a "trickle charge" on the battery during extended charging times....has anyone else noticed this??????
    01-11-10 09:28 AM
    Battery does not make sense with this build..

55% then reset and it's at 75%????

Also fast charging... which does not make sense... 5-10 min and 100%?

Also fast drain when even idle.....
    01-11-10 09:32 AM
    Battery does not make sense with this build..

55% then reset and it's at 75%????

Also fast charging... which does not make sense... 5-10 min and 100%?

Also fast drain when even idle.....
    Totally agreed! It takes a fast charge, discharges quick when not in use and even faster when used! Haven't noticed the percentance amount on a reboot but I'll pay attention next time I do a battery pull since the memory leak with .419 seems like just enough to have to pull just bout everyday to keep things running smooth.
    01-11-10 09:42 AM
    Ya when you get down to 40-50 pull the battery and see if it updates the battery meter... Should go to 60-70

Also while charged it will not always give a correct reading on the meter.. This will update after a reset....
    01-11-10 09:46 AM
    Ya when you get down to 40-50 pull the battery and see if it updates the battery meter... Should go to 60-70

Also while charged it will not always give a correct reading on the meter.. This will update after a reset....
    Thanks...I'll try that out and see what happens!
    01-11-10 09:53 AM
    My battery life definitely improved after the leak from 4.7.1.61. And there is a 10MB usage (I have no leaks) from a daily use instead of the 20MB I used to have.
    01-11-10 11:02 AM
    Sorry if this has been posted, didn't want to/care to read the entire thread. But I have had a few problems taking my phone out of my charger - screen goes white and won't come out of sleep - only solution is batt pull.
    01-11-10 11:21 AM
    Yep white and black screen is a bug also..
    01-11-10 11:34 AM
    Totally agreed! It takes a fast charge, discharges quick when not in use and even faster when used! Haven't noticed the percentance amount on a reboot but I'll pay attention next time I do a battery pull since the memory leak with .419 seems like just enough to have to pull just bout everyday to keep things running smooth.
    I haven't noticed this. I plugged mine in this morning to computer usb around 6:30 and it's still charging and at 75%. Also yesterday was on speaker phone for over 2 hours but can't remember how much battery that used. battery life seems good but I haven't had my phone that long either.
    01-11-10 11:36 AM
    This I can say with the utmost confidence: Wild horses would not drag me back to OS 4.7. I have had enough of 'outofmemoryerror,' 'verification error,' and 'error 552,' to last me till thy kingdom come.
    I agree 1000% on this. I had the same experience with 4.7.1 -- total garbage and upgrading to 5.0 was the best thing I ever did.

There ARE some bugs that are carrier specific. The PRL bug with .230 and the "Registered With Network" after reboot error are both Spring specific.
    01-12-10 01:27 AM
113 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD