BerryBuzz doesnt work with .419 for the email.
    01-08-10 12:20 PM
    It's been fantastic for me. By far it's definitely a huge improvement and the phone hasn't freeze on me yet. That's shocking.

I don't seem to have battery problem like other people described. Battery life feels about the same as 4.7 os imo. There's something wrong with this picture if some people are getting excellent battery life and some aren't.

For those who's battery aren't doing well, have you try turning off bluetooth, and close out third party applications for a day to see if it makes a difference.

Oh, if many of you haven't notice yet but the phone RING and VIBE simultaneously now.
    Last edited by thymaster; 01-08-10 at 12:38 PM.
    01-08-10 12:34 PM
    BerryBuzz doesnt work with .419 for the email.
    It does, but not right away - it takes several battery pulls for the OS to "settle in" - then you get the dropdowns for the e-mail.

I was initially getting exception errors after resets (BerryWeather and BerryBuzz), but after several battery pulls they were gone.
    Last edited by dohturdima; 01-08-10 at 01:09 PM.
    01-08-10 01:06 PM
    It does, but not right away - it takes several battery pulls for the OS to "settle in" - then you get the dropdowns for the e-mail.

I was initially getting exception errors after resets (BerryWeather and BerryBuzz), but after several battery pulls they were gone.

Yup. After 6 battery pulls, its all working now. Pissed me off for a second. Everything else is working great.
    01-08-10 01:14 PM
    I couldnt get 50v8 to run. I had .230 installed on my computer. DL and installed 419 then downloaded and installed 50v8 and when I went to the apploader it started to go through the settings then it said no available updates so I just went with the .419 base

(I tried using the 412 hybrid in the pack)
    01-08-10 02:00 PM
    had .230 had a few bugs with sms and mp3 player... .419 is smoothhave had no issues for the week that i have had it... havent even had to do a battery pull... i did wipe everything prior to loading that re loaded programs contacts and things after i saw .419 appeared to be running smoothly! kudos!
    01-08-10 02:35 PM
    Google maps 3.2.1 is not working anymore for me atleast?

Bell
    01-08-10 02:58 PM
    Battery life for me has been terrible. I only place 3 or 4 phone calls a day. I send 40 or 50 text / bbm, surf for an hour or so and on 4.7 and .230 it would last most of the day. On .419 I'm charging the phone by 1 in the after noon and again around 7 in the evening. I've done about a dozen battery pulls, not the alt-shift-del soft reset. I'm about ready to go back to .230. This is a real nice OS but battery life sucks!
    01-08-10 03:04 PM
    For those who's battery aren't doing well, have you try turning off bluetooth, and close out third party applications for a day to see if it makes a difference.
    I use a BT headset (haven't yet with .419 though) so even if turning the Bluetooth connection off improves battery life, it's not an acceptable solution for me.

As far as third party apps go, I have the same as I always had so turning those off would be unacceptable as well.

I am and always have been minimal screen brightness/auto dim/10 seconds, etc. I waste very little juice. Just GPS, BT, and Instant Messengers are always active. I'm not on GPS or BT constantly but I'm not going to hit the menus every time I need to use them - defeats the purpose. I need to be able to pick up my H710 and start talking when the phone rings, and I need to fire up Nav and get my directions without hoops. I'm not going to constantly sign in and out of messengers either, as that would just be silly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dchawk81; 01-08-10 at 03:14 PM.
    01-08-10 03:06 PM
    I was running a hybrid 5.0v7.11. It ran much better than a stock .230. I started developing some very strange lag after running it flawlessly for weeks. It would freeze, hang, lag, whatever you want to call it on just about every function.

I had no new apps installed. I rebooted numerous times. I cleaned and cleared everything I can think of. I finally wrote it off to something changing maybe network side? I dont know. Hybrids have a wierd voodoo about them.

I think the gang at BBHybrids does an awesome job, dont get me wrong. I just don't have the time or patience to keep jumping up to the latest version. I think they are on v7.15 or v8 now.

I tried .419 and I think I'm happy enough with it to stick until something official come out. It runs flawlessly for me on VZW. All my apps work with the exception of Opera Mini.

MeterBerry has me losing MAYBE 2mb memory in a day if that. I run about 3% Avg Discharge Rate. (GREAT program BTW)

I did come to one conclusion though after all my beta leaked OS, all my hybrids, even Official OS; BeBuzz is the root of all evil. It drags down every OS I've ever had like an anchor. As much as I like my custom LEDs, I won't reinstall BeBuzz. BeWeather is my only other suspect App. I think it's another anchor but I can live with it for now.

TRY .419 is all I can say. An official OS cant be far behind it. It's pretty well polished.
    01-08-10 03:24 PM
    Very weird. Google maps 3.2.1 is working for me. At least the last time I checked, it was. I suggest doing a battery pull and trying it again.
    01-08-10 03:31 PM
    trying it out now
    01-08-10 03:31 PM
    Yeah, I just checked it to be sure, and it pin-pointed my location with little trouble.
    01-08-10 03:55 PM
    The battery life is the only thing that bothers me so far with the new OS.
    I second that. I also have a small memory leak but thats no big deal. The browser is a little slower too, also no big deal there too. Besides for that, its awesome.
    01-08-10 04:52 PM
    I guess I'm not very smart because it crashed my phone.
    01-08-10 05:04 PM
    I must say i enjoy the OS
    01-08-10 05:12 PM
    I threw .419 on my VZW Tour the night it leaked and have been very satisfied so far. The fact the media bug is fixed is enough to get me stoked. I've had absolutely NO app compatibility issues this includes GMaps and Opera Mini Beta 2. Its seems speedier than both .230 and the most recent .230-based hybrid from Irtehun. As for the clock I see that it now looks identical the clock on the 9700 and I'm guessing that it now scrolls the same (when selecting alarm time) as the 9700. So perhaps its not now inverted but in fact it USED to be inverted. Just speculation. Over all I have no real complaints with this build and I'm willing to bet this is the official release.

01-08-10 05:20 PM
    I second that. I also have a small memory leak but thats no big deal. The browser is a little slower too, also no big deal there too. Besides for that, its awesome.
    When I first installed .419 my battery life was TERRIBLE. However, after several days (and many battery pulls) it is improving. My phone has been off the charger since 6:30am CST (11 hours now) and I'm still at 86% battery. Granted I haven't used it a lot but I have done several SMS/MMS messages, BBM, email & check FB. What is even more impressive is I'm in a marginal coverage area where I sit at work (it's a black hole for ALL carriers).

Now if I could just get rid of that pesky BB Registration notification after every reboot it would be great. But that's something I can definitely live with until an official OS comes out. I can't see myself going back to 4.7.
    01-08-10 05:32 PM
    Battery life on .419 is excellent! Off the charger since 9:41 AM and I'm at 92%. 0.9% per hour avg discharge! This OS is the keeper.
    01-08-10 05:44 PM
    Installing now so I will come back with updates.
    01-08-10 05:48 PM
    I downloaded .419 from 4.7.x.xxx whatever last night. Immediately I was impressed how the themes looked. Cleaner, fluent, crisper. Menu's seemed to fly much quicker than before. No battery issues so far. It's been off the charger since 5am and it's about 65% battery life right now. However...I am having issues:

1. My contacts didn't come over with the transfer. Luckily, I backed them up to google sync and all i had to do was re-open sync and re-sync all my contacts...took less than 2 minutes. Done.

2. Blackberry Messenger didn't come over either. Easy. Downloaded it from the App Store and its working now. Done.

3. My phone is buggy with mp3's. Some of my songs I can't play because it says "error has occurred attempting to play media". They played before in the old OS. Also, I'm big into making my own ringtones and was stoked when I first got the Blackberry that it took mp3's as ringtones. However, all my ringtones came over, but none of them work. The error I get is "Invalid ring tone selected, please make another selection". Anyone get this error?

Other than that I think they did a nice job overall. One other perk is I love smaller text and it seems they've given two additional smaller text options overall so that's a plus too.
    01-08-10 05:48 PM
    for me, the battery life is great if I don't use the radio. Phone calls seem to drain it fast! Text, BBM, browser, etc., and the battery life is great.
    01-08-10 05:50 PM
    Best fix of all is that geotagging of my photos is instantaneous now like it used to be on my 8330. It used to be that I had to start another GPS program and get a fix and then quick switch to the camera to get geolocation to work. Ever since I got my Tour I have had various GPS problems that are fixed now. This OS version has been perfect for me. I also love the new transition effects when opening and closing apps.

-frank

01-08-10 08:00 PM
    I upgraded to .419 today and so far I LOVE it. Threaded SMS is awesome, it corrected a problem I was having with my ATT sim card, and most of all I have always hated the fact that I couldn't get a BlackBerry to vibrate and ring at the same time, now I can!

Both Sprint Nav and Sprint TV work for me, I just downloaded the latest versions for both. I haven't noticed any difference in battery charge yet.

The only two things I've noticed were the lack of a 3g icon (a petty complaint IMO, but I have to admit I was a little geek-excited for it) and I also noticed that any pop up messages were not transparent as they used to be. I didn't see anybody else mention this, but has anybody noticed this too and is it meant to be that way? I thought the interface looked a lot cooler with transparent windows.
    01-08-10 09:01 PM
    The only thing "wrong" I have noticed is that the new text message icon wont go away but I'm hoping a simple battery pull will fix that sometime.
    I had that problem a couple times with .230 actually
    01-08-10 09:11 PM
113 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD