What are the Pros and Cons for the new leaked OS for the Tour? What is different? Any bugs? I have 230 installed.
    01-06-10 04:59 PM
    01-06-10 06:01 PM
    I have been running the .419 os since it has first leaked and I have nothing but good things to say about it. It has been running very smoothly.
    01-07-10 07:58 PM
    its running smooth on my phone..after i updated my sprint navigator everything worked fine.
    01-07-10 08:19 PM
    The only thing "wrong" I have noticed is that the new text message icon wont go away but I'm hoping a simple battery pull will fix that sometime.
    01-07-10 08:37 PM
    My browser doesn't work and the clock is screwed up. Worst OS for me so far.
    01-07-10 08:40 PM
    This is definitely the best OS yet for the Tour. It took exactly 6 minutes to reboot (still not the world's best, but a clear improvement). Everything is extremely clean and fast with no (at least not noticed by me) drag time moving around from program to program. It seems very stable all around.
    Media is back in one file and works great and speed is great.
    The only problem was that I had to resend the service books in order to have a functioning internet (which is running better too, by the way) and I had to reload (overwrite) some programs to get them to work again.
    All in all, these were MINOR incoveniences compared to the improvements. I have a feeling there are many of them that I'm going to eventually discover.
    One minor improvement is in your ability to crop and save a photo in contacts. Before you could zoom once and you were stuck with the photo. The new version allows you to zoom in until you have exactly the right piece of your photo, the right size. A nice touch. That's all I've picked up for now. Definitely don't hesitate on this upgrade. It is the best yet.
    01-07-10 08:46 PM
    been running it since it leaked. no problems whatsoever. i suggest loading it up and giving it a try. it's certainly better than .230 for me at least.
    01-07-10 08:49 PM
    I had problems at first when I installed it but then I wipe my bb and tried and it again and then it was perfect
    01-07-10 08:53 PM
    Sprint TV doesn't work. I had issues with Navigator but it's working now. TeleNav (unbranded Navigator) still thinks the GPS is off even when it's on. It also registers on Sprint with every boot, sending an annoying notification to the handset each time.

Upsides: html email looks better, threaded SMS is convenient, etc.

It's not revolutionary. I'm not sure my signal is better. It still fluctuates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 09:03 PM
    When you change the clock alarm, the trackball axis seems to be inverted...

All the rest is PERFECT
    01-07-10 09:07 PM
    My only issue with this build is it leaks more memory. It seems to be down like 8mb by the end of the day. But thats not much when i have 102mb free so i'm fine with that.
    01-07-10 09:20 PM
    Hey everyone, this version doesn't seem to allow me to connect to any servers through MidpSSH. Anyone else having this trouble?

I've reinstalled it OTA and through DM, edited permissions, changed connection types and still no joy.

If anyone has an idea or solution, I'm all ears.

John
    01-07-10 09:20 PM
    Works great for me running for a week now..Very fast rebot is 3min no more hr glass BLACKBERRY with meter bar.. I'm using iberry dock theme everything is working good all my apps work great internet is fast e-mail quick its like a new phone .. Seems to good to be true waiting for something to screw up..lol... Somebody at RIM did there homework with this one...
    01-07-10 09:56 PM
    Has been great so far, minor annoyances with it:
    - Running a 3G Tour theme, the wallpaper blanks out after a batt pull and has to be manually reloaded.
    - Annoying registration messages after every reboot.
    - Seems to be draining battery at a higher clip than usual, but maybe the OS did not settle in yet.
    - Signal still bounces around (but now PRL update stays )
    - Voice Activated Dialing, despite a new "learning" feature cannot recognize the names for s*** with my BT headset (number dialing works great but who remembers numbers?). Having Vlingo makes this issue less problematic.
    01-07-10 10:22 PM
    Sprint TV doesn't work. I had issues with Navigator but it's working now. TeleNav (unbranded Navigator) still thinks the GPS is off even when it's on. It also registers on Sprint with every boot, sending an annoying notification to the handset each time.

Upsides: html email looks better, threaded SMS is convenient, etc.

It's not revolutionary. I'm not sure my signal is better. It still fluctuates.

I will have to ditto everything dchawk said. I loaded it last night and wasn't too impressed initially. I did a clean wipe and reloaded all my apps one by one so did it the "right" way. Threaded SMS seemed to be a little glitchy for me, signal fluctuated quite heavily, the registration e-mail from Sprint was getting very annoying, and wasn't a fan of the backlight lag upon coming back from an idle black screen.

I reverted back to 4.7 and will just wait until the Tour officially releases a version.

For the pro's, the phone bootup time was significantly faster. I will miss that.
    Last edited by b0ricua; 01-07-10 at 11:37 PM.
    01-07-10 10:27 PM
    My battery is definitely worse compared to 4.7 (.61). And also in my bookmarks in the browser, I'm getting random lock ups for probably about 5 seconds at a time. Other than the lock ups, the general navigation on the home screen is a lot faster

01-07-10 10:44 PM
    The battery life is the only thing that bothers me so far with the new OS.
    01-07-10 10:45 PM
    ^^ i thought i was the only one.. it just might be the straw that breaks the camel's back and sends my back to 4.7 :-(
    01-07-10 11:04 PM
    Everything is working great so far, this definetly has to be by far the best leak I have used to date.

The only problem I seem to be having is the screen whiting out upon entering and exiting bedside mode, but it rarely happens and im sure it will go away once the os settles.
    01-07-10 11:31 PM
    Battery drains way faster than .230, but also charges way faster, I'm assuming that it doesn't actually fully charge which is why it says it's full then empty so quickly. The registration thing is annoying as ****, esp since i had no prl issues with .230, boot time is 2:34 compared to 4:55 with .230 and 7:14 with 4.7. Don't use sprint tv so idc if it works or not. Battery and Registering every time are my only major gripes.
    01-07-10 11:43 PM
    I downloaded it as well at it seems to be working a lot better than .230 and the startup time is a lot faster than both the 4.7 OS and .230 OS
    01-07-10 11:46 PM
    I'm not yet certain if my battery drain is worse than 4.7.1.57 because I'm constantly trying to get Sprint TV working. Anything heavy on the radio is going to hit the battery hard. It certainly hasn't proven itself as amazingly efficient with juice despite my hitting the non-functional TV though.

My batteries are fully charged when I start. I know this because I use a third party AC charger and swap batteries out.

I'm on installation number 2 because I like enough things to keep it, now that Sprint Navigation works. I love Sprint TV but I can live without it for now.

01-08-10 12:13 AM
    I havent had any issues whatsoever. Best leaked OS that Ive ever installed. I have no complaints. Seems Sprint users have a few issues with memory leak and the activation emails.
    01-08-10 12:16 AM
    Initially running the 4.whatever spoon-fed through sprint, did something and bricked my phone. Decided to take a look at .230 was great till I realized there was no media player, was looking though and stumbled on the leak looking for a hybrid.

been running .419 pretty much since it leaked on a clean install (BBSAK wipe / loader install) so far everything appears to be moving quicker. Haven't noticed the memory leak or the decreased battery performance (a lot of free space and extended battery) Working media player, pulls up youtube videos quickly. all around does everything that 4.whatever did and more with more pep.
    01-08-10 12:58 AM
113 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD