One stupid question, I did everything correct, now I'm looking for my backup file, that I have created in Step No 1. Since I loaded that .alx file the path has changed, and I don't remember the backup file location =(
    05-27-09 04:23 AM
    nevermind, I found it...
    05-27-09 04:32 AM
    Dude, it totally worked! Thanks for the clear instructions! What a fun new toy this makes my phone!
    05-31-09 04:50 PM
    The instructions are very clear and I followed every step religiously while upgrading my curve 8900 which came standard on a v4.6.1.109. Now I am upgrading to v.353.

I am upgrading through DM and have been waiting patiently for about 2hrs and 15mins without the slightest hint of the process being completed.

Is it normal?
    06-04-09 12:45 PM
    What is the BlackBerry doing? What is DM doing?
    06-04-09 01:07 PM
    blackberry has a white screen with the logo of phone communicating with PC

DM shows task in progress - connect to device with the progress bar basically at the begining without moving an inch.

Into more than 2.5hrs now -.-

and not to mention its 2.14am now T.T
    Last edited by jas0ns; 06-04-09 at 01:15 PM.
    06-04-09 01:12 PM
    blackberry has a white screen with the logo of phone communicating with PC

DM shows task in progress - connect to device with the progress bar basically at the begining without moving an inch.

Into more than 2.5hrs now -.-

and not to mention its 2.14am now T.T
    That is too long. If you interrupt the process, you will brick your device and have to wipe and reload the OS. It sounds like that is going to be necessary anyway. You don't want to start that at 2 in the morning. I suggest you leave the device plugged in and go to bed without doing anything. If it finishes overnight, you're good to go. If it doesn't finish overnight, unplug it and start over. You'll probably have to peform the "How Do I Recover a Nuked Berry" procedure. You can find it in the How To and FAQ Forum under BlackBerry Help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 01:44 PM
    Thanks Jeff,

I had unplugged the device and batt pull and restart my PC, Device is fine strangely and starting the process all over again and now the upgrade is running fine.

Strange ya. At least the progress bar on DM moved and I had the first radio off on the device. Going to leave it and go to bed (if I can).

Damn... wasted 3 hrs waiting.. wondering what the DM and Device was doing then.
    06-04-09 02:15 PM
    Finally done, it took only less than 15mins upgrading directly from the apps loader without DM.

But now when I connect to DM, it will prompt me to upgrade upon connecting. If I skip it and go to DM's App loader, the system upgrade will be there for selection to upgrade. -.-''

Anyway to correct this?
    06-05-09 01:34 AM
    I haven't found any way to stop DM from offering phantom upgrades. If I say yes to the upgrade, I eventually get to a screen that says no upgrades are available. I've learned to just ignore the prompt.
    06-05-09 06:34 AM
    Thanks Jeff,

I had uninstall the OS i installed on my PC, keeping only the .exe file for future use and had disable the DM's auto upgrade feature. But to no avail.

I am ignoring it as well. It seems that there will no way for me to install anything via DM when the phantom upgrades problem is active.

Thanks alot anyways
    06-05-09 10:03 AM
    I haven't had any problem installing applications using the DM App Loader. I just click Cancel at the offer to upgrade the OS, then run the App Loader to install whatever I need to install.

06-05-09 10:45 AM
    Hey - Noob here with a first time post. I have a Verizon 8330 and I noticed that Verizon is running behind on the versions. The latest they have available is 4.5.0.77. I see that sprint has 4.5.0.188. Is it safe to use the OS from a different carrier?
    06-12-09 06:59 PM
    Hey - Noob here with a first time post. I have a Verizon 8330 and I noticed that Verizon is running behind on the versions. The latest they have available is 4.5.0.77. I see that sprint has 4.5.0.188. Is it safe to use the OS from a different carrier?
    It is safe. You can download the latest OS for the 8330, which is 4.5.0.160, from the sticky at the top of the 8330 forum. The sticky includes instructions.
    06-12-09 08:49 PM
    Thanks for all this info! it helped out alot when i did my first update! CRACKBERRY RULES!!!!
    06-13-09 12:46 AM
    I have a quick question if anyone can help? When i went to update my blackberry the other day it had some sort of problem and it fried my phone so that nothing was able to be reconciled from it. I recieved a new phone and am wondering if there is still a way to update it? I mean there is nothing on my phone telling me this needs to be done so i am not sure how i would go about getting it.
    Last edited by ajbarela; 06-13-09 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Whoops i meant update! Not upgrade.
    06-13-09 01:11 PM
    It is safe. You can download the latest OS for the 8330, which is 4.5.0.160, from the sticky at the top of the 8330 forum. The sticky includes instructions.
    Thanks Jeff. I appreciate it.
    06-15-09 05:18 PM
    Alright so I need some help here,
    I was trying to downgrade my Sprint Blackberry 8330 from 4.5 to 4.3 and I followed all the instructions correctly until I got to the AppLoader part, It detects my phone and everything, but it doesn't detect the 4.3 software that I have installed. I reinstalled it and reinstalled dm already. It just says that "there is no software" for your blackberry.
    06-17-09 05:09 AM
    Okay ... am I doing the wipe incorrectly? I used JL_Cmder to wipe my 8900, however, when I reinstalled the OS my phone prompted for my password! And it still did not fix the mysterious problem of the Camera app failing to load.

06-17-09 05:55 PM
    help me.....give me os 45.0.101 or 45.0.77
    06-18-09 03:08 AM
    I've following the basic instructions to the letter, but for some reason, the DM doesn't want to install the new OS.

I click on AppLoader, then Update Software (start), and I select the new OS and click NEXT. The dialog box says "searching for available software" then quickly switches to the Update Summary screen, which reads "No software is required for your device". Any tips?
    06-18-09 04:57 PM
    I've following the basic instructions to the letter, but for some reason, the DM doesn't want to install the new OS.

I click on AppLoader, then Update Software (start), and I select the new OS and click NEXT. The dialog box says "searching for available software" then quickly switches to the Update Summary screen, which reads "No software is required for your device". Any tips?
    Scratch that... I just bypassed the DM and used the loader app from my c: drive
    06-18-09 07:23 PM
    Scratch that... I just bypassed the DM and used the loader app from my c: drive
    I always use the loader.exe file because I hate that little pause that Desktop Manager has every time I check a box

06-18-09 07:33 PM
    absolutely saved my life this tutorial did, many thanks
    06-19-09 04:06 AM
    Started at Page 1 and worked like a charm on my new Bold9k
    Thanks for great posts and everyones input and feedback!
    SchaWeet!
    06-27-09 02:59 AM
717 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD