thanks alot this helped....
    09-16-08 12:24 AM
    thanks alot this helped....
    Glad it helped and I hope the upgrade went smoothly!
    09-16-08 10:12 AM
    Thank You!!! These are the best instructions I have seen!!Worked first time
    09-17-08 05:03 PM
    This may have been asked once (or 1,000 times), but can the phone be upgraded by my carrier (Sprint), or do I have to do it on my own? This is my first Blackberry, but Sprint has been able to upgrade software and firmware on other phones.
    09-21-08 04:09 PM
    Typically users do their own software upgrades.
    09-21-08 04:32 PM
    CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!! Im new to this blog and just decided to upgrade to 4.5 i have a tmo 8320 curve . everything was going great with the download until it got suck in the "load jvm" I was told it would take a while but after 2 hrs i got worried I canceled the upload and went to do it again and see what the problem was and now the pc doesnt recognize a device. My device looks as though its turned off has no power but has the red light blinking twice on the right corner. I put the usb and put up BB desktop software but its connecting cause it doesnt find the device...I HOPE I DID NOT MESS UP MY DEVICE BECAUSE I WANTED 4.5 I WAS AFRAID OF THIS PLEASE HELP ASAP!
    09-21-08 08:41 PM
    CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!! Im new to this blog and just decided to upgrade to 4.5 i have a tmo 8320 curve . everything was going great with the download until it got suck in the "load jvm" I was told it would take a while but after 2 hrs i got worried I canceled the upload and went to do it again and see what the problem was and now the pc doesnt recognize a device. My device looks as though its turned off has no power but has the red light blinking twice on the right corner. I put the usb and put up BB desktop software but its connecting cause it doesnt find the device...I HOPE I DID NOT MESS UP MY DEVICE BECAUSE I WANTED 4.5 I WAS AFRAID OF THIS PLEASE HELP ASAP!
    Please do not SHOUT! It makes your tone feel extremely demanding, like it is the end of the world...

Just relax and take some deep breaths because everything will be fine!

If you follow this procedure word for word, then you will end up with a successful Upgrade to OS 4.5 No tricks to it at all. And I know for a fact you did not follow the guide word for word, because you blatantly skipped the precautions and warnings that have been posted...

At any rate, if the device is not being found / connecting / whatnot... make sure you force a manual connection with AppLoader and have the device plugged directly into your PC's USB! Do not plug in via a hub of any sort.

Good luck
    09-21-08 08:47 PM
    I�m trying to re-install the OS on my 8100 but the thing is It got caught in the middle of the cicle, and now I have my phone with a red light every 5 sec. I download the Jl_cmder v1.9.0 and nothing happen, is giving me this error Not Able to open port. If I use the desktop manager it goes to the first step and the next one says error communication. I have the version installed, I deleted vendor from de application loader, I plug the phone without the battery and nothing. I�m getting desperate please I need your help...

Thanks a lot
    09-22-08 07:43 AM
    i am with Verizon, can I upgrade to newest OS without any issues? I just remember seeing something about verson 4.3 non-downgradeable on the verizon site when i bought the phone...I dont think it will be of concern since i plan on UPgrading...
    09-22-08 04:52 PM
    i am with Verizon, can I upgrade to newest OS without any issues? I just remember seeing something about verson 4.3 non-downgradeable on the verizon site when i bought the phone...I dont think it will be of concern since i plan on UPgrading...
    You need to read the first post in this thread. Then re-read it. I would add one more caution to what Brian wrote: you should not attempt to upgrade the OS in the first 30 days that you own a new phone, simply because installing an OS other than the factory-supported OS will void your warranty and you will have to restore the factory OS before you can return your phone, should you find some other defect in it in the first 30 days. As an additional benefit, after using it for 30 days, you'll be much more likely to succeed when you do attempt the upgrade.
    09-23-08 12:18 AM
    Getting frustrated, I can't find an OS4.2.x for my 8310 for ATT.. ANyone know where I can find it??

Thanks!
    09-23-08 03:23 PM
    Getting frustrated, I can't find an OS4.2.x for my 8310 for ATT.. ANyone know where I can find it??

Thanks!
    Yep, you can find it HERE
    09-23-08 06:51 PM
    When backing up my data onto DM, somehow I removed the Browser Icon on my Curve..because when I tried to connect my Curve via usb with the Desktop Manager, the DM did not recognize my pin number. It does not recognize that I have the Curve is hooked up to the DM. Any suggestions? I have no Browser and I can not sync the Curve with the DM.
    09-24-08 02:07 PM
    If I have 4.5.51 loaded on my phone now do I need to go back to 4.3.127 before I can load the official version or can I just load the official version as my phone is now and follow the steps to upgrade as I did to get 4.5.51. Thanks in advanced
    09-24-08 03:55 PM
    If I have 4.5.51 loaded on my phone now do I need to go back to 4.3.127 before I can load the official version or can I just load the official version as my phone is now and follow the steps to upgrade as I did to get 4.5.51. Thanks in advanced
    You can just load it onto the device. You do not need to downgrade before upgrading. Just follow the steps laid out and you'll be fine.
    09-24-08 04:42 PM
    Ok great!! thank you
    09-25-08 10:26 PM
    i cant delete the vendor xml it isnt being allowed by computer
    09-25-08 10:56 PM
    i cant delete the vendor xml it isnt being allowed by computer
    Are you an admin on your PC? That is the only thing I can think of

You should be able to delete the vendor.xml file just like any other file!
    09-27-08 12:38 PM
    This was the first time upgrade of my 8310 and, following the guide, it was quick clen and problem free. Aprox 40mins start to finish with no missing data or apps and everything working just fine.

Thanks for the GREAT giude
    09-28-08 10:30 AM
    This was the first time upgrade of my 8310 and, following the guide, it was quick clen and problem free. Aprox 40mins start to finish with no missing data or apps and everything working just fine.

Thanks for the GREAT guide
    Indeed, thanks BMC. You made this process a lot easier for anyone who is intimdated by upgrading to the latest OS.
    09-28-08 02:43 PM
    What do I do after I upgrade my dm to 4.5. I've tried following the steps but haven't been successful, I'm having a problem locating the file to delete it but I still don't know where to go from there.thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 08:59 PM
    What do I do after I upgrade my dm to 4.5. I've tried following the steps but haven't been successful, I'm having a problem locating the file to delete it but I still don't know where to go from there.thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The exact path for the file is mentioned. Please take the time to read the instructions thoroughly... because your question is addressed in the very first post of this thread!
    09-29-08 07:06 PM
    Indeed, thanks BMC. You made this process a lot easier for anyone who is intimdated by upgrading to the latest OS.
    I totally agree and have told that to BMC. This needs a 'sticky' in front of it something fierce! Well mods?
    09-29-08 07:10 PM

Thanks for the GREAT giude
    I totally agree and have told that to BMC. This needs a 'sticky' in front of it something fierce! Well mods?
    Thanks a million for the compliments all

I am glad this has been a help!
    09-29-08 07:14 PM
    Great guide... trying it now on a reload of .81.... a couple of glitches popped up... think it had to do with progressively updating over existing OS's... never been a big fan of that... always prefer a clean install.

Thanks
    09-29-08 09:43 PM
717 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD