Other apps like what? I am not sure what you mean because previously I could add other apps like brick breaker which was not on my bberry, but I did not have to add the OS in order to add that.
    Well, when you bought the device, weather you could see brickbreaker or not it was installed. When you plugged in the device, it reads the Java configuration and is why it showed up in the apploader.

So, have you successfully upgraded?
    08-21-08 01:52 PM
    Yes I did successfully upgrade. Before I went went to install brick breaker, I checked to make sure it was not just hidden. You may very well be correct that it was already there.

I was just wondering if removing the OS from the PC was a something that should be done.
    08-21-08 02:57 PM
    Yes I did successfully upgrade. Before I went went to install brick breaker, I checked to make sure it was not just hidden. You may very well be correct that it was already there.

I was just wondering if removing the OS from the PC was a something that should be done.
    I am confused what you mean??

The OS does not need to be removed from your PC (uninstalled), but if you do uninstall it... it will not have any negative affects. I leave my OS installed on my PC so I can tweak it and "memory optimize" when I want to
    08-21-08 05:02 PM
    I am confused what you mean??

The OS does not need to be removed from your PC (uninstalled), but if you do uninstall it... it will not have any negative affects. I leave my OS installed on my PC so I can tweak it and "memory optimize" when I want to
    Thanks that answers my question. I will have to do more homework by what you mean by tweak it and memory optimize. I assume you mean remove unwanted apps and things of that nature. Thank you for your answer.
    08-21-08 08:49 PM
    Ok, first is , CLAM DOWN and RELAX. I know it's frustrating, and you're worried but it will be ok. Now, what exactly is the problem and tell me all the steps that have been preformed thus far.
    I downloading ummm the desktop manager 4.6 and it started working just fine... I have no clue what was wrong with my 4.5 but yay

So now I'm upgrading it from 4.2 something to 4.5 what am I suppose to expect? Oh and how do I get it to where I can record video on my bb
    08-21-08 09:36 PM
    I downloading ummm the desktop manager 4.6 and it started working just fine... I have no clue what was wrong with my 4.5 but yay

So now I'm upgrading it from 4.2 something to 4.5 what am I suppose to expect? Oh and how do I get it to where I can record video on my bb
    4.5 will give you the ability to record videos. Make sure to follow the guide step by step and you should be fine.
    08-21-08 09:39 PM
    Ok so the first time I tried doing the updates it said fatal error please try again... do I keep trying till it does work?
    08-21-08 10:05 PM
    Ok sorry guys I am going to sound dumb. So I downloaded the upgraded os for my bb. I deleted the vender file. I am now trying to add the new os. I cant find the .exe file. What am I doing wrong??
    08-25-08 10:38 PM
    Ok sorry guys I am going to sound dumb. So I downloaded the upgraded os for my bb. I deleted the vender file. I am now trying to add the new os. I cant find the .exe file. What am I doing wrong??
    Did you download it from your carrier's site? If so, it'll be where you saved it. If you haven't downloaded it yet, that's the problem. If you don't know where to find it, follow the Memory Optimization Procedure in my sig. He'll take you to the carrier's site.
    08-25-08 10:42 PM
    Did you download it from your carrier's site? If so, it'll be where you saved it. If you haven't downloaded it yet, that's the problem. If you don't know where to find it, follow the Memory Optimization Procedure in my sig. He'll take you to the carrier's site.
    No sir I downloaded it off of here. T-mobile doesnt have the upgrade yet. It never gave me an option where to save it. I think where I may have messed up, after the download it asked me if I wanted to run or dont run. I chose not run.
    08-25-08 10:45 PM
    No sir I downloaded it off of here. T-mobile doesnt have the upgrade yet. It never gave me an option where to save it. I think where I may have messed up, after the download it asked me if I wanted to run or dont run. I chose not run.
    Ok, if you downloaded the exe, you have to have either ran it or saved it. If you saved it, go to where you saved it and double-click it. That'll install your OS on your PC. If you weren't given the option to save, but only "run/not run," and you chose "not run," then you didn't do anything. You need to go back and get it again. It's much preferable to save it than to run it over the internet.
    08-25-08 10:50 PM
    Ok re down loading it right now. Once I download it, I then delete the /vendor file? Then go to run and enter the .exe file?
    08-25-08 11:13 PM
    I've got to call it a night. Just follow the procedure. It's very detailed and very explicit. If you have a question, stop until you understand it. Look through the earlier posts; the answer might be there. If you can't figure it out, post again. Some of the West Coast people will be around to help. Goodnight.
    08-25-08 11:19 PM
    I've got to call it a night. Just follow the procedure. It's very detailed and very explicit. If you have a question, stop until you understand it. Look through the earlier posts; the answer might be there. If you can't figure it out, post again. Some of the West Coast people will be around to help. Goodnight.
    Thanks for all of your help Jeff. Have a great night
    08-25-08 11:24 PM
    anyone one still up? Having some problems.
    08-25-08 11:47 PM
    Anyone still up? Having some problems.
    08-25-08 11:54 PM
    The only thing I'd like to suggest is to add an extra step before you start. Call it step 0.

0. Syncronize your phone with Outlook or whatever you use.
    1. Backup your device with Desktop Manager (Download from HERE)

The reason for this is that when you upgrade or downgrade sometimes the Backup/Restore does not fully work.

The sync before you start does two things:

- it makes sure that the latest versions of all your personal data are copied.
    - If the Restore fails, you can always sync and get your personal data back again.

It only takes 3 minutes to do.
    08-26-08 03:45 PM
    The only thing I'd like to suggest is to add an extra step before you start. Call it step 0.

0. Syncronize your phone with Outlook or whatever you use.
    1. Backup your device with Desktop Manager (Download from HERE)

The reason for this is that when you upgrade or downgrade sometimes the Backup/Restore does not fully work.

The sync before you start does two things:

- it makes sure that the latest versions of all your personal data are copied.
    - If the Restore fails, you can always sync and get your personal data back again.

It only takes 3 minutes to do.
    Sounds like a great idea Pete... I will gladly implement the changes!!
    08-26-08 04:07 PM
    This was a GIANT help while upgrading to 4.5. Just don't know where all my stock ringers went...
    08-26-08 10:54 PM
    Does anyone know a website that is trusted to download any 4.5 for verizon CDMA? Every time I look for one I cant find one.
    08-27-08 12:07 AM
    Does anyone know a website that is trusted to download any 4.5 for verizon CDMA? Every time I look for one I cant find one.
    There is usually a "sticky" in the phone model section with the latest OS

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-0-56-a-60457/
    08-27-08 12:50 AM
    okay I have really done it this time.......I did exactly as stated and I did get to the "507" code on my phone. GREAT...not I cannot get my phone to get to the COM1:unknown. It keeps saying the following and never even gets a split second message allowing me to force connect:

A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle or USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated
    08-27-08 11:12 AM
    okay I have really done it this time.......I did exactly as stated and I did get to the "507" code on my phone. GREAT...not I cannot get my phone to get to the COM1:unknown. It keeps saying the following and never even gets a split second message allowing me to force connect:

A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle or USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated
    Did you open DM and go to application loader?
    08-27-08 11:16 AM
    yes it says I do not have a device connected
    08-27-08 11:21 AM
    Listen, reboot the computer. Plug in device>Open DM> if it doesn't prompt you to update, then select Apploader>Add/Remove and install the OS. After that, restore from a previous backup
    08-27-08 12:10 PM
717 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD