So I went from a Storm to the Tour and I used DM to back up all of my info so when I got my Tour I just loaded my contacts from the backup. My question is how do the BBM contacts get updated since they use PIN.

I have noticed in the past that it may work for a short while but then it seems to cease to function and you have to have the user re-request you. And it seems to be happening again where you can see the person in BBM, however message arent getting delivered. Is there some sort of temporary piece meal PIN forwarding in place for situations like this or are you suppose to update it manually by deleting and re-adding or does it update on its own?

Thanks!
    08-03-09 01:17 PM
    any ideas on this? im at a loss
    08-03-09 02:32 PM
    I swapped devices and didn't have to change a thing when I reloaded my contacts on BBM. Your new PIN number will be pushed to your BBM contacts and they'll never know you changed devices.
    08-03-09 02:34 PM
    i went through a few devices recently, and thought i was finally done when i finally got a tour (2 curves, and a storm later) and i had a lot of trouble with the bbm contacts. if i get a replacement tour, with bbm5.0 do i need to "send pin update" to my contacts, or will it be simplier than going from curve to curve to storm?
    08-03-09 02:39 PM
    Yea, I moved from Storm to Tour and totally forgot I would be getting a new PIN. Went into my BBM on my Tour and realized I had no contacts. Luckily, I only have 10 BBM contacts, so I went through and sent requests looking off my Storm for their PINs. There has to be an easier way tho
    08-03-09 03:12 PM
    I haven't had any issues with mine
    08-03-09 03:17 PM
    Has anyone gone from a Curve 8330m to a Tour without any problems? I should be getting my Tour in the mail shortly.
    08-10-09 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD