I read the upgrade guide and followed the steps outlined but the problem is I cannot get Desktop Manager to see the 5.0 upgrade to apply

I uninstalled the 4.7 software off of my computer.

I installed the 5.0 software

I disconnected my internet and then let it load up the Desktop Manager upon completing the install and when it loads up it tells me there are no updates for my Blackberry. It is not seeing the 5.0 software at all.

I am not trying any hybrid software or anything. I am trying the official .230 release.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    12-08-09 09:38 AM
    after it finishes scanning and says that there is not software, go to application loader and go to upgrade software and see if it shows up there.
    12-08-09 09:41 AM
    I would never try to upgrade my phone to a beta release through DM. Tee is absolutely right, go through Apploader and you shouldn't have any issues.
    12-08-09 10:02 AM
    I go to that and it scans, and says there are no updates. Sometimes when I go to that it shows the 4.7 and a downgrade to a lower 4.7 software but no mention of the 5.0 anywhere
    12-08-09 10:04 AM
    I go to that and it scans, and says there are no updates. Sometimes when I go to that it shows the 4.7 and a downgrade to a lower 4.7 software but no mention of the 5.0 anywhere
    hmmmmm thats weird and you installed the 5.0 on your computer correct?
    12-08-09 10:10 AM
    Yeah. I go through the installation process and it asks if I want to start desktop manager or not after it finishes up. I checked my programs list on Windows 7 and it has the 5.0 software listed under the 5.0 Desktop manager software so I know its on the computer.
    12-08-09 10:20 AM
    when it asks you do you want to open DM say no and then manually open it and see if that helps....trying little things now.
    12-08-09 10:25 AM
    I was under the impression that after you install the 5.0 OS on your computer, you were supposed to hook up your phone and open the 5.0 OS folder on your computer (look in your RIM folder under Programs) and click on App Loader in there and let it load the new OS?? Using DM is shaky at best to load a leak.
    12-08-09 10:34 AM
    the 5.0 is on the desktop manager but not 5.0 OS for the tour as yet.
    I updated on the desktop manager and had no problems. It just took awhile for it to complete.
    12-08-09 01:34 PM
    I am trying to update the Tour's OS not Desktop MGR

I open up the Application Loader Wizard and it just lists the themes and apps that I have on the Tour. It says nothing about the 5.0 software I have installed on the computer... I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Starting to get frustrating
    12-08-09 06:11 PM
    I once had a similar issue. My solution was to install Shrink-A-OS and use it to manually point to the folder with .230. I then told Shrink-A-OS to start loader. Worked after that.
    12-08-09 06:17 PM
    Wow..

I downloaded the Shrink A OS

Placed the EXE file in the main file, loaded it up, told it to load up the Application loader after I got done shrinking it and it still only lists themes and apps in the app loader.

I deleted the Vendor XML file and everything. I have no idea what is making this so difficult...
    12-08-09 06:57 PM
    Did you use Browse? Sorry I could not help more.
    12-08-09 07:38 PM
    Well....

I tried it on my work computer and Desktop Manager even recognized the 5.0 OS update and let me update it through it!! My computer at home was totally **** blocking my update!!

Thanks for all of the help guys!
    12-09-09 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD