I'm a long-time BB user (8830, 9930 and now Z30). My wife is still using the Bold 9930. She even upgraded to a iPhone 4s and came back to the 9930 during the trial period.

Recently, I noticed that she had skipped 2 OS upgrades (there were 3 present in her software updates). I installed the most current update (1066). Immediately, her text messaging began experiencing problems. The most troubling is that a text sent to one contact frequently goes to a pre-existing group that that particular contact was a member of. This morning, I sent her a text and her response to my message came in a group with two other recipients. I've never used her group at my end, so I'm not sure how that happened.

Last night I backed up and reinstalled the OS. At first, it appeared to fix the problem. Of course, this morning it was doing it again. I've considered a wipe and clean install, but am concerned that will be a waste of time. Are stored messages indexed and, if so, is it possible that the indexing is corrupted? I have a lot of relational data base experience and am accustomed to reindexing data bases to fix problems like this. If there is no indexing, I'm at a loss. If there is and you can't reindex, I afraid a reinstall won't work because of the corrupt data. Finally, she does not want to delete the 12,000 plus email messages and 5,000 plus text messages she has unless it's the only way to fix the problem. She's about ready to try the iPhone again, so I hope we can fix the problem.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
    02-28-14 08:01 AM
    Can't say for sure what is wrong, but any suggestion I would have would involve clearing all the emails and texts off the phone and reloading an OS.
    Not something she wants to do. Sorry, I can't help you there.
    02-28-14 08:25 AM
    Moved to OS 7 Sub forum
    02-28-14 03:39 PM
    I'm a long-time BB user (8830, 9930 and now Z30). My wife is still using the Bold 9930. She even upgraded to a iPhone 4s and came back to the 9930 during the trial period.

Recently, I noticed that she had skipped 2 OS upgrades (there were 3 present in her software updates). I installed the most current update (1066). Immediately, her text messaging began experiencing problems. The most troubling is that a text sent to one contact frequently goes to a pre-existing group that that particular contact was a member of. This morning, I sent her a text and her response to my message came in a group with two other recipients. I've never used her group at my end, so I'm not sure how that happened.

Last night I backed up and reinstalled the OS. At first, it appeared to fix the problem. Of course, this morning it was doing it again. I've considered a wipe and clean install, but am concerned that will be a waste of time. Are stored messages indexed and, if so, is it possible that the indexing is corrupted? I have a lot of relational data base experience and am accustomed to reindexing data bases to fix problems like this. If there is no indexing, I'm at a loss. If there is and you can't reindex, I afraid a reinstall won't work because of the corrupt data. Finally, she does not want to delete the 12,000 plus email messages and 5,000 plus text messages she has unless it's the only way to fix the problem. She's about ready to try the iPhone again, so I hope we can fix the problem.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
    Have her create an email account on a computer separate from her BlackBerry. Then have her forward all those emails there. That way she has access to the emails through the browser on the phone or a laptop and it will clear out what's on the BlackBerry. That's just an email fix to what seems to be a larger issue.

How long ago did she switch back from 4s to 9930? Did she turn off iMessage and disassociate her phone number from Apple?

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-28-14 03:53 PM
    Thanks for the comments. I told her I was going to save the emails and text messages off line and wipe out the messages on her phone. Before I got home, she went to Verizon as a last ditch effort and they wiped the messages off her phone and it seems to have cured the problem. We'll see.
    03-01-14 08:56 AM