I updated my BBM to the new update recently and since then my phone has been running very slowly whenever I recieve a message and sometimes it even crashes. I dont know if the update installed properly because things such as the status box are twice the size of my font and when i send a photograph the box is huge! It is really frustrating, messages are making my phone LAG! I would delete the application from my phone but i'm scared of losing my contacts! any ideas??
    01-20-12 03:36 PM
    Samething happened to me when I updated BBM. I had to delete BBM from "Applications management" and re-install, glad all my BBM contacts came back, its running normal now. I would suggest backing up BBM contacts pin#'s
    Last edited by spencerdl; 01-20-12 at 03:42 PM.
    01-20-12 03:39 PM
    did you re-install via BlackBerry App World?
    01-20-12 03:40 PM
    did you re-install via BlackBerry App World?
    YES, and it downloaded a lot faster and smoother the second time.
    01-20-12 03:44 PM
    Thank you!!
    01-20-12 03:46 PM
    Thank you!!
    No problem, thats what Crackberry is supposed to be about......help, glad to be of service
    01-20-12 03:49 PM
    The new BBM update brings the ability to have animated avatars which is pretty KOOL, along with other goodies
    01-20-12 04:04 PM
    I updated to the new BBM, but since then pretty often I cannot scroll down in BBM. I have to take the battery out, then it works again for a little while. My whatsapp is fine, so I don't imagine it's a phone problem. Is anyone else having a similar problem I have a BB Bold 9790
    12-11-13 04:32 AM
    is this the new version 8 ???

I updated to the new BBM, but since then pretty often I cannot scroll down in BBM. I have to take the battery out, then it works again for a little while. My whatsapp is fine, so I don't imagine it's a phone problem. Is anyone else having a similar problem I have a BB Bold 9790
    12-17-13 09:42 AM
    Plug your phone into your pc once Blackberry Desktop opens;

1. Click on Applications
    2. Scroll down until you find BlackBerry Messenger
    3. Click on the X under the Action column to remove
    4. Click on the Apply button at the bottom right.

Once updated your BBM will come back on line.

Cheers..!
    04-15-14 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD