T-Mobile is offering the curve 9360 with OS7 and you can download OS7 from the bbupgrade site, I am wondering if it's possible that OS7 from the curve 9360 would work and be compatible with the curve 9300? Or does RIM block software from being interlaced.
    10-07-11 10:03 PM
    Even if RIM didn't block the software, it still wouldn't work simply due to the fact that the internals of both devices are different.

Short answer...no
    10-07-11 10:07 PM
    1. No.
    2. Why?
    10-07-11 10:34 PM
    It won't work As 9300 doesn't support OS 7.
    10-08-11 05:56 AM
    The new OS7 Devices have newer hardware plus a GPU (Graphics Processor). The new OS7 is designed to utilize this hardware, without it simply won't work. It's not like a computer operating system in which developers build it to work with a large variety of hardware, it's optimized to only work on certain hardware so that it can be fast and light.
    10-08-11 11:34 PM
    Well, this phone is ridiculously slow on OS6. I mean dog slow. Lag everywhere, and at times even reboots. Im trying a variety of hyrbids at the moment to see if that helps.

In any case, clearly this phone stinks with OS6 with all the flashing I've done in the 2 weeks that I've owned the thing.
    I was wondering if you could possibly "fool" Loader.exe or the phone into thinking its a Bold 9930, curve 9350, etc., too try and sneak its way on. I understand "not enough hardware" But it would be neat to see just for fun.
    04-26-12 02:28 AM
    No way to "fool" the loader. Every OS is made to match up with a specific model. Even if you could individually load each cod file using something like BBSAK, you'd just end up bricking your phone. The OS itself would be looking for hardware that does not exist on your phone and lock up, or go white-screen with a java error.
    04-30-12 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD