Hey Everyone!

I just recently noticed a problem with the Blackberry Tour 9630 Sprint OS 5.0; i updated last night- and today i noticed a issue with the top Lock and Sleep/Mute Key's

The lock key actually puts the phone to sleep, and the Must/Sleep does nothing at all.

Let me know if this happens to anyone else?
    02-12-10 01:31 PM
    this is known and mentioned in about 6 other threads

RIM most likely did this on purpose and is not a bug like most are trying to say
    02-12-10 01:34 PM
    Search much????
    02-12-10 02:36 PM
    thats dumb.. i don't like the fact that RIM did that. i just updated and i have that problem now!!! i use those buttons often..
    02-14-10 06:53 PM
    Everyone keep wanting new OS and when they are pushed, they complain about the new features. Stop the whining!!!
    02-14-10 07:22 PM
    Everyone keep wanting new OS and when they are pushed, they complain about the new features. Stop the whining!!!
    That's like RIM removing the function from the right convenience key... The key is still there but it does nothing.

The OP was just looking for an answer. Calm down and move along troll...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 08:03 PM
    Totally agree.. even though there are some "bugs" people seem to be complaining about other things... I do however wish that they would lock with user info.. I'm fine with mute button being just a mute button...
    Last edited by mike340t; 02-14-10 at 08:50 PM. Reason: spelling
    02-14-10 08:41 PM
    I happen to like the change it saves batt life.

JP

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-14-10 11:33 PM
    Um, how is this a 'feature' and not a bug?

02-14-10 11:41 PM
    Definetly a feature, not a bug. Try to put your Tour on standby while listening to Pandora before 484... Your music would pause, it sucked! Now the mute button actually handles media mutes calls while lock... Well... Locks! I think my Tour has never been better!

02-15-10 12:11 AM
    I think the issue is that Lock doesn't really lock. Yes, it turns off the keyboard, but it doesn't really lock the screen (requiring a password to re-enable). So, it locks the screen, but doesn't turn on password lock. This is what most users are complaining about, and there isn't a option to change it.
    02-15-10 08:04 AM
    change the lockout timer in Password settings
    02-15-10 10:34 AM
    Definetly a feature, not a bug. Try to put your Tour on standby while listening to Pandora before 484... Your music would pause, it sucked! Now the mute button actually handles media mutes calls while lock... Well... Locks! I think my Tour has never been better!

x2 I think it's better than before, but just my .02.
    02-15-10 03:40 PM
    I, for one, use the standby key all the time, without wanting to "lock" my device. So that button-changing "feature" alone would prevent me from downloading .484. Not to mention the build's other bugs.
    02-16-10 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD