I've just been added by someone and it has to be someone on my social networks but I don't know who.

So, is it possible to get anything harmful on my phone if it is some sending me a request?
    07-26-12 06:51 PM
    No known viruses for BB OS thus far from what I understand and I doubt that there will ever be any. If you asked about Android, it would be a different story. No need to worry.
    07-26-12 07:04 PM
    I've just been added by someone and it has to be someone on my social networks but I don't know who.

So, is it possible to get anything harmful on my phone if it is some sending me a request?
    That's a great question!! A few weeks back I did the same, and the first message the contact sent me was "Better get yourself a doctor" ! I figured he had some way to send me a virus, so deleted and blocked....I was fine (or appear to be)
    07-26-12 07:07 PM
    No, it is not possible. A BBM request is just that. A request to add a PIN to
    your contact list. No other data is transmitted in this process.
    07-26-12 07:19 PM
    That's a great question!! A few weeks back I did the same, and the first message the contact sent me was "Better get yourself a doctor" ! I figured he had some way to send me a virus, so deleted and blocked....I was fine (or appear to be)
    That message was in all likelihood simple spam from what was for you an
    untrusted / unknown contact.
    07-26-12 07:21 PM
    Thanks for all the replies guys! That person who sent me an invite has deleted his invitation now, whoever it was :P

They wrote their name in that stupid way where symbols take place of the letter they most look like and so I really couldn't tell what their name was since I haven't most of those symbols :P

Is it so hard to just be normal and use Latin?!
    07-26-12 09:11 PM
    Unless it's Neo and then he comes over through the phone! You never know about a virus till it just hits you.. better be safe!
    07-27-12 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD