I'd like to use the podcasts app on my BB but then I realized that it seems to be nothing more than an icon. There are no options to download or add channels and the search bar pulls nothing up. Does the podcasts app in OS7 still work????
    Last edited by riss89; 04-03-14 at 07:20 PM.
    04-03-14 06:37 PM
    I'd like to use the podcasts app on my BB but then I realized that it seems to be nothing more than an icon. There are no options to download or add channels and the search bar pulls nothing up. Does the podcasts app in OS7 still work????
    I've put away my BB7 device so I can't answer your question. Bumping this for visibility. Hope you get your answer.
    04-05-14 07:39 AM
    I've put away my BB7 device so I can't answer your question. Bumping this for visibility. Hope you get your answer.
    thanks! i appreciate it still, at least you were willing to offer some help. i guess the lack of response is answer enough.. Blackberry podcasts isn't relevant enough to have a discussion about *shrug* oh well lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350
    04-06-14 08:19 PM
    thanks! i appreciate it still, at least you were willing to offer some help. i guess the lack of response is answer enough.. Blackberry podcasts isn't relevant enough to have a discussion about *shrug* oh well lol

It might be that folks are out and about on weekends. I'm sure someone with a legacy device will know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad
    riss89 likes this.
    04-06-14 08:27 PM
    Late reply but yes podcasts work on OS7 and i use my berry to get podcasts but its one of two ways. One way is to use the Social Feeds App. One awesome app and besides consolidating all your social updates in one app it also allows you to use RSS feeds and subscribe to podcasts that you can download that way. the second way is to use an alternative 3rd party app like podtrapper. An awesome podcast app but you have to pay for it.
    riss89 likes this.
    04-13-14 04:28 PM
    Late reply but yes podcasts work on OS7 and i use my berry to get podcasts but its one of two ways. One way is to use the Social Feeds App. One awesome app and besides consolidating all your social updates in one app it also allows you to use RSS feeds and subscribe to podcasts that you can download that way. the second way is to use an alternative 3rd party app like podtrapper. An awesome podcast app but you have to pay for it.
    thank you so much for the reply! i was beginning to give up hope on getting one. I have no social networking profiles, which I know is quite add for a 24yr old in 2014, so i deleted the pre-installed social feeds app. I will now endeavor to reinstall and see if I can use it to put my podcasts app to use. thanks again! i appreciate the help

04-14-14 09:09 PM
    so here's an update.. i installed the BBRY social feeds app and started adding rss feeds, but after i couldn't figure out how to make it connect w/ the podcast app i did some more digging and found this:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...d=31793#M31793

i clicked on the following link & downloaded a fully functional version of BBRY podcast (no other app/feed reader, etc required) --> http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/13125

SaintThomasAquinas likes this.
    04-14-14 11:30 PM