i just upgraded to the bbm 5.0.0.57 and when i try to restore my contact list via email it never sends the email to my device and keeps "checking email status . . .". And when i try and restore it via media card im in the folder but theres no file to select even though i know its there
    12-23-09 10:41 AM
    i just upgraded to the bbm 5.0.0.57 and when i try to restore my contact list via email it never sends the email to my device and keeps "checking email status . . .". And when i try and restore it via media card im in the folder but theres no file to select even though i know its there
    i think it is related to their recent outage and statement advising everyone else to upgrade to .57. Or it is related to the upgrade itself. only time will tell...
    12-23-09 10:45 AM
    Did you back up everything thru blackberry desktop manager before upgrading. that would be your best shot cuz if something goes wrong with the update you can always have your backup file with your bbm contacts and everything else backed up to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 11:30 AM
    yeah when i restored it through desktop manager im messing a bunch of contacts and all the avatars on the contacts dont show
    12-23-09 11:36 AM
    Same issue here. Can get emails now but not getting the BBM email for the restore since all **** broke loose yesterday. Is this temporary or will it get resolved?
    12-23-09 11:48 AM
    Same problem here, when I go to option->restore->restore using email, it says Please try again later. You are currently being registered with the Blackberry Messenger Service. This is an automatic process that will complete in a few minutes. Well... it's be half day, that's a lot of "few minutes"
    12-23-09 12:19 PM
    I'm having the same issue and when i did restore via dm my groups never restored either.
    12-23-09 12:32 PM
    after installing the .57 version were you directed to restart the device?
    Have you tried to use DM to restore them?
    Has a battery pull been done?

Mine went through without a hitch - downloaded the .57 >prompted to restart >accepted the user agreement > all contacts were still there. Took about 5 mins. Not sure why it's not working for some, but maybe this info will help.
    12-23-09 01:24 PM
    all good now after RIM sent me message to upgrade bbm. when i did it on my own it killed everything. Now everythings all good. thanks everyone
    12-23-09 02:25 PM
    Mine just worked as well too
    12-23-09 03:21 PM
    Same happened to me too. Also, I can't send a contact by messenger anymore. The "send to messenger contact" when on an address entry does not appear anymore just "forward to messenger". Did a battery pull and it doesn't work.
    12-23-09 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD