Hey. So I am about to give my son my trusty 9900. I read the blogs and duly processed a security wipe and handed over what I thought was a clean handset. My son puts his sim card in. All ok. I then get an email on my new handset. My son then receives the same email on my old handset...and another...and another etc etc.

This is now driving me bonkers. I've read previous threads on here, and confirm:

1. I have performed a security wipe on the handset (3 times now!)
    2. I have done a full factory reset using the desktop software
    3. I downgraded from 7.1 to 7.0 in the hope that my old email DNA could be erased that way - but no, didn't work
    4. In settings - only my sons email account is set up (which is not linked with mine). There is no visual evidence of either of my 2 work email addresses on this phone - yet after all the above wiping, and downgrading etc - the phone is still receiving my emails??

Any ideas? For info, I'm now in the UK, phone was bought from Hong Kong. But can't see that making a difference?

Any help to resolve would be much appreciated - Cheers!
    12-27-13 03:51 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Has your son got a new bbid?
    12-27-13 04:05 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Has your son got a new bbid?
    Hi, thanks! Once I had supposedly wiped the 9900, I switched device on the desktop software from his old Curve to the 9900, which worked - but he still receives my work emails. All very bizarre
    12-27-13 04:25 AM
    I suggest you remove dm completely, and other BBOS OS from PC, do a ccleaner and reboot.

Reinstall your latest OS from the sticky.

Do bbsak wipe of your device.

Reload OS using loader.exe
    12-27-13 05:50 AM
    It is unlikely to be anything on the phone itself. The security wipe is very thorough. Do another security wipe and see if the emails still come even if you don't set up the device. Btw this is a personal device that isn't centrally managed l through your workplace, right?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 06:00 AM
    Do you remember how you did your initial email setup? Did you do it through the carriers BlackBerry BIS setup page? For example, if you are on Telus https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=telus. If you set it up using this method, your BlackBerry PIN is associated with your email account which means security wipe will have no effect . You will need to login to the website and change it from there.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 07:04 AM
    Wait, work email. Is your company using BES? If so your company will have to remove the emails. They will keep adding themselves. If its just Outlook email clear that phone from devices on ur work computer.
    Hope this helps

Sent by the worlds best phone the Z30
    12-27-13 07:12 AM
    Wait, work email. Is your company using BES? If so your company will have to remove the emails. They will keep adding themselves. If its just Outlook email clear that phone from devices on ur work computer.
    Hope this helps

Sent by the worlds best phone the Z30
    No that's not correct. If the phone were on BES then a security wipe would deactivate it from the BES server. The BES controlled email account will NOT be reconnected automatically as the phone would have to be reactivated manually against the BES with the email address and an activation password.

It is much more likely to be what RayDelMambo said above where the phone's PIN is still associated with the email address through BIS which is accessed through the carrier's BIS web portal for making changes.

Posted via CB10 on Z10 STL100-2 on EE, UK - Activated on BES10.2
    12-28-13 12:08 AM
    Your son needs to create a new BlackBerry ID on the 9900 after doing the wipe. Otherwise, as you've seen, everything will be duplicated as it would still be associated with your ID.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    12-28-13 02:35 AM