Hi,

Am from India. I have not activated BES/BIS. only wi-fi. Am on vodafone network. I use bold 9790 running on OS 7.0. I plan to upgrade to 7.1 and any latest version. I have a strange problem. I downloaded all the builds from BlackBerry OS Downloads and installed it on my computer. then as suggested i deleted the "vendor.xml" file. after this when i ran blackberry desktop software, this is what happened: when I go to device>update this is the message that I get "there are not blackberry device software updates available". My bb desktop software version is 7.1.0.32. please help me.
    09-13-12 08:45 AM
    If you running windows 7, two vendor files are placed into windows folders.

Check the following folders
    navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml on 64 bit operating systems

Navigate to the bottom and delete the file Vendor.XML file. (also the computer may have a backup file of the vendor saved to
    C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop)
    09-13-12 08:58 AM
    hey f0xx386, thanks for your quick reply. i did delete the vendor.xml file under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader" and searched every folder under
    "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop" i dint find any vendor.xml
    09-13-12 09:12 AM
    Do a search for vendor files on your pc...also try loading Os using BBSAK (blackberry Swiss Army Knife).

BBSAK is said to hide vendor files from apploader, so download it and try loading from BBSAK.

The other method is downloading the official Os released by your carrier and install this Os, blackberry desktop manager will see this Os. Once you confirmed DM can see it is to navigate to : program files/common files/research in motion/shared files

In shared files the os is installed now what some do here is, they open the Os the official one of the carrier and delete its contents then copy the contents of the os you want to install into the folder of the official one and then install as normal.

Personally I dnt recommend it but I've tried this way and it works. I'd go this route as a last resort.
    09-13-12 09:35 AM
    Your next problem will be not being activated on the RIM servers. You'll need to try with your internet disabled, but most likely the only way to install will be fully wiping first.

Http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

For vendor file removval, http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/ works great.
    09-13-12 10:43 AM
    i did try BBSAK but no luck. i searched my entire system and "vendor.xml" file was not there. so what i did was i downloaded "9790jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel1647_PL9.16.0.128_A7.1.0 .523_Vodafone_India_Limited.exe" from https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...wseSoftware.do and it worked fine! thanks everyone who helped :-)
    09-14-12 12:19 AM
    i did try BBSAK but no luck. i searched my entire system and "vendor.xml" file was not there. so what i did was i downloaded "9790jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel1647_PL9.16.0.128_A7.1.0 .523_Vodafone_India_Limited.exe" from https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...wseSoftware.do and it worked fine! thanks everyone who helped :-)
    That's a good OS to hang on to but in future if you need to install a new OS on your device, you can download vendelete+ ( it automatically detects vendor files and deletes it).
    09-14-12 12:41 AM
    You won't find it easily, since it's hidden. That's why I suggested Vendelete^ doubt you'd have had an issue if you'd tried it.
    09-14-12 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD