Hey guys, this is my first post but have been on the forums for a while. I have run into a situation that I just can't figure out and haven't found any threads with this issue in it. I was using some symbols in blackberry messenger (windings trans from pc) They worked very well and I loved them. It now seems however since I have reinstalled blackberry maps on my phone that majority of the symbols are no longer working and are showing up as little black squares. None of my other friends using a storm with the same software upgrade from Verizon is having this problem. I was hoping someone could tell me what the issue might be and what I can do to resolve it. It's driving me NUTS! Thanks in advance guys!
    06-24-09 08:23 PM
    Not sure if this applies to your situation, but... some symbols require various font support. Did you uninstall, perhaps by accident or on purpose, remove any font sets when re-installing BB Maps?
    06-24-09 08:41 PM
    Yep Craterz is correct. A lot of the symbols require the Korean, Chinese, Japanese font support so the symbols will work...
    06-24-09 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD