Hi,

I have lost my BBM icon on my phone.. I was on BBM and it told me there was a download ready and I think I hit Ok then I had a call and other stuff..

It is gone.. I have no Icon... I looked in apps apps and it says i have it but there is no sign of it.. I asked a contact to invite me .. I thought it might show up.. No luck.

I then went into BB apps and tried to download the new version and it said downloading then instaling but has just been sitting there for over 20 mins or so so I tried again and the same thing..

PLEASE CB FRIENDS I REALLY NEED IT.. I have a very good friend who is deaf and this is the only way we can talk I need it back .... someone help me get it back

I like to get it back with all that was on it .. but at this point I just want it back..

I had the 5.0 version,... If that matters.. They say there is a newer version is that better or should I just stay with what I had.

PLEASE GUYS I REALLY NEED TO GET THIS BACK ASAP
    01-23-10 10:48 AM
    upDATE....

In apps now the BBM apps is not in bold any more I think I did change some permission in there.. There are 3 permission on my curve 8330

connections.. allow
    interactions..... allow
    user data ... allow

are this the right setting or do i need to change something
    01-23-10 10:53 AM
    That should be the correct settings. You can see if the icon is hidden (menu>show all/hidden) If that's not it, I would delete BBM and reinstall it from blackberry.com/messenger from your BB's browser.
    01-23-10 10:58 AM
    I had the 5.0 version,... If that matters ...
    I am sure that enters into it.

BlackBerry Messenger is a native applications, it is part of the BlackBerry OS.

Unforuntaly, it appears the version you have attempted to install in not intended for use with your 8330 BlackBerry.

Fortunatly, it is simple to correct the problem. BlackBerry Desktop Manager and Applications loader will prompt you to remove the offending code and replace it with the original BlackBerry Messenger.

(tip: you will need to install the correct BlackBerry Device software.)
    01-23-10 10:59 AM
    I am sure that enters into it.

BlackBerry Messenger is a native applications, it is part of the BlackBerry OS.

Unforuntaly, it appears the version you have attempted to install in not intended for use with your 8330 BlackBerry.

Fortunatly, it is simple to correct the problem. BlackBerry Desktop Manager and Applications loader will prompt you to remove the offending code and replace it with the original BlackBerry Messenger.

(tip: you will need to install the correct BlackBerry Device software.)
    Ok I am so lost could you tell me step by step please.. thanks you guys for trying to help me I really need it back.. Now the 5.0 was working great no problems. it said it has a 5.0.something..

again step bt step please
    01-23-10 11:03 AM
    in the BBM app what should the permissions be set at?
    01-23-10 11:05 AM
    permissions are correect. agreed to reinstall from bb web site, is best interest. so were you able to redownload the app or did you find it in the phone?
    01-23-10 11:08 AM
    I just went back into the phone app and it says it is there . I look in the icons and it is not there anymore..

Now in apps where it says I still have it is does aloow me to delete..

What should I do?
    01-23-10 11:13 AM
    I just went back into the phone app and it says it is there . I look in the icons and it is not there anymore..

Now in apps where it says I still have it is does aloow me to delete..

What should I do?
    You have two choices. If you prefer to keep the v5 Messenger, go to BlackBerry App World and remove/reinstall the new Messenger.

If you prefer to return it to it's original condition:

Download and install BlackBerry Desktop Manager:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

Download and install BlackBerry Device OS software for your model:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

Connect your BlackBerry and use Backup, just to be sure.

Open Applications Loader and select Add/Remove Software.

It will then remove and replace the upgraded BlackBerry Messenger.
    01-23-10 11:21 AM
    Send link to phone then open link, follow directions, or copy to browser...
    BBM 5.0 Leaked to the Masses – OTA Links | BerryGurus
    01-23-10 11:27 AM
    In the bb app where will I find this?

Ok i do have desk top manger on my laptop and I do backuos that is all I do.

help would be great like step by step..
    01-23-10 11:30 AM
    Plunk isee your help and sounds great but it looks like that is the leaked version I dont want that one.. Unless I am wrong and that is possible
    01-23-10 11:32 AM
    Did you go to the site the link took you too.??? bbm 5.0.8 version
    01-23-10 11:36 AM
    I have or had BBM 5.0.33...

I didnt do anything I dont hink it just went crazy..
    01-23-10 11:37 AM
    THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE, INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK. I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING LOST. MAKE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR PHONE FIRST. I BRICKED MY PHONE YOU COULD TOO.

Saturday, July 18th, 2009 ...
    That was pre-release code Plunk'. The final released version is on App World now.

It has occured to me, the simplest way to proceed is to open BlackBerry App World, select BlackBerry Messenger. It should recognize the version conflict and replace it with the correct version.

Backup plan, do it manually from the Desktop Manager.
    01-23-10 11:40 AM
    When I tried do it from the BB app world it was taking for ever.. It did tell me that I had BBM already and did I want to replace it I did say yes.. It was downloading then it said instaling ..then it was taking for ever. How long does it take to a app on the phone. my other ones only took a few mins..
    01-23-10 11:44 AM
    OK guys I am trying to download again.. Now but it is not doing the version I wanted it is doing 5.0.7.. is this a big app and does it take a long time to download.

If the download works will I have all my contact still in place ? please say yes
    01-23-10 11:48 AM
    Now it saying rerady to instal and the hour glass is just moving .

Is it working and how long do i wait before I know it is not working right
    01-23-10 11:55 AM
    The new BBM is huge, 3.6 Mb. Mine is v5.0.0.57.

It will take a while, better part of hour. When it finishes, it "should" find all of your contacts.

If not, you mentioned you have made a data backup. You can recover your contacts with Advanced Restore, if needed.

I think you have it aced now....
    01-23-10 12:06 PM
    It now says loading does it mean it is working... I keep getting messagres and calls that i am not answering because I dont want to stop anything...

Does loading mean it is working..
    01-23-10 12:12 PM
    Looks like it is working .. now the icon is back and it is asking for a disply name adn do I want to restore contact list..

What do I want to do ?Should I say yes to restore contact list?
    01-23-10 12:35 PM
    Yes. That is a very good sign.
    01-23-10 12:45 PM
    They are all gone my contacts..
    01-23-10 12:48 PM
    Hi Irish, you should be able to get them back using restore in your DM. Just restore from your latest backup.
    01-23-10 12:59 PM
    If not, you mentioned you have made a data backup. You can recover your contacts with Advanced Restore, if needed.

I think you have it aced now....

In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, select Advanced Restore. Open your most recent backup (File / Open ....). Select BlackBerry Messenger and click on the >> button.

That will restore only your Messenger contacts.

In future, your contact list will be save by BlackBerry Messenger and will auto update when needed.
    01-23-10 01:03 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD