Hey, so im new to blackberry. i got my first blackberry 2 months ago. Im a little confused on what some things are. for example, what is the pin? i know its used for blackberry messenger but thats about it. What can you do with the pin? you can send a message using pin but whats the point if you can just use sms or bbm?

Also, what does the barcode do exactly?

If anyone has any tips/tricks regarding either of these i appreciate it. ill reply with any more questions that present itself.

thanks
    11-27-09 11:35 PM
    The pin is your device's unique identifying number. It can be used to send data messages between BlackBerry devices. That is its advantage over SMS. Pin messages used data and do not count against your Text Plan. That can save you money if you are communicating with another BlackBerry user and you don't have unlimited texting. The downside is pins can only be used between BlackBerry devices.

The barcode is just a graphical way of encoding your pin. It may encode other information as well. You can scan a barcode to read another user's information.
    11-27-09 11:44 PM
    In order to use BlackBerry Messenger, your contacts need to add your PIN. You might want to read this BB101 lecture to learn more about how BlackBerry Messenger works. http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...erry-messenger
    11-27-09 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD