Hi All,

If I have multiple contacts in my BB that all work for the same company and thus have the same programmed outgoing Caller ID #, is there a way for me to designate which caller name is shown when that particular phone number hits my BB?

For example, if I have four contacts who all work for the same large company and that company has programmed its main office phone number to show as its outgoing caller ID#, then when I get a call from that programmed number my BB seemingly just picks one of the contact names to show as my incoming caller regardless of which of the four contacts might actually be calling. Is there a way for me to "set" which caller will show when that office # is calling me? Often I might have multiple contacts from the same company but just one who calls most often, so I'd prefer to be able to designate the main caller as the primary one to show on my BB screen.

For reference, I understand that I could delete the main phone number from all the secondary contacts that I don't want to show up on my BB but sometimes that's the only number I have for some people (and don't have their direct line), so deleting the main number would mean having no phone number at all for them.

Thanks ahead for any ideas or input.
    06-01-12 03:38 PM
    In my experience, the first contact that appears alphabetically in your contact list (however it is sorted, by last or first name) is the one that will be displayed on an incoming call.
    BBMINI likes this.
    06-02-12 02:20 PM
    ... I understand that I could delete the main phone number from all the secondary contacts that I don't want to show up on my BB but sometimes that's the only number I have for some people (and don't have their direct line), so deleting the main number would mean having no phone number at all for them ...
    You could delete the number from the requisite field for the other contacts and include it in those contacts' entries in the notes section. You'd then still be able to click and call the number when viewing each of the contacts, but it wouldn't show up with their names in caller ID.
    BBMINI likes this.
    06-02-12 02:46 PM
    10-4. Thx for the info and ideas.
    06-04-12 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD