Alright all i have is an ipod touch 4 white and its been around 6 months and i need a blackberry but i'm low on budget this time, just around $200-300
    I'm searching for a blackberry phone for that range that could act as a wifi hotspot for my ipod touch so i can use internet on my ipod.

This kinda really sucks BB phones are not similar to iphones where you could update to latest versions of OS

I read i can only use BBs as a wifi hotspot if i have OS7 ,is that true?
    Or is there any way to get it on os5 or os6 in some way using some app or by cracking it or something ,just like jailbreak?

I know its a very low budget and the best i could get was BB 8520 which has only os5 and some (2-3) people said its not possible to use BB as hotspot unless you have os7

Really in a middle of nowhere where i dont have enough budget and i need one which can help me use internet on my ipod as well :/

**PS i'm not in any country where its some contract with att,etc.
    Also,this is my parents money so theres no way to increase the budget either ,please help guys I would really appreciate any help
    07-16-12 11:11 AM
    Bold 99xx has hotspot capabilities. Can't speak for other devices.

Make sure your carrier provides the mobile hotspot service.
    07-16-12 02:13 PM
    No sorry man, with BB, you need one of the OS 7.1 phones. For starters, what providers can you choose from?

With that budget, look for a Curve 9320 or 9310, they run 7.1 and have hotspot capability

They are pretty affordable though, under $200.
    07-21-12 10:47 PM
    or you could use a bluetooth tether - jailbroken iTouch with iBluever installed, and PDaNet on blackberry
    07-22-12 06:26 AM
    DO I need to install a fresh OS from an unofficial vendor to enable Hotspot functionality on my Blackberry Curve 9310 on Boost Mobile? It's deactivated and there's no way of activating it on the stock ROM.
    07-23-12 08:10 PM
    Hey guys, old account here.
    Looks like I have to use PDAnet.
    07-24-12 02:31 PM
    all the os 7.1 offers hotspot feature
    07-29-12 07:23 AM
    I would like to ask everybody here,is it Bold 9900 has wifi hotspot feature..? or is there some apps that makes it to do so..?
    Because some says yess..But i didnt hear anything from Bold 9900 user...
    03-20-14 06:30 PM
    I would like to ask everybody here,is it Bold 9900 has wifi hotspot feature..? or is there some apps that makes it to do so..?
    Because some says yess..But i didnt hear anything from Bold 9900 user...
    Bold 9900 on OS 7.1 has hotspot capability

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD