Ok so I don't know why so many people are having issues with this but maybe the people without problems can post here.

How they downloaded the new OS: through DM (not ota or app loader)

What third party apps and themes they have: Fancytrans, poynt, associated press, bloomberg mobile, berry buzz, dictionary.com and my verizon, no themes anymore

Any other pertinent information to your handheld: I dl'ed straight over .230 and haven't had any issues, I used *228 option 2 the day after the update so my phone wasn't bouncing around
    so much and my battery life is good now, day 2 with normal use and I'm at 55%

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-10 03:38 PM
    I really doubt the issues are a result of HOW you downloaded .591 if you did a wipe with BBSAK.
    04-02-10 03:46 PM
    Most of the people downloading this aren't wiping their phone with 3rd party software, their going straight over 4.7 and DM wipes your phone prior to install so its pointless

Peoples problems are stemming from them not updating their roaming capabilities
    Which causes a battery drain and peoples third party app's going into infinite loops causing yet again more battery drain and memory leaks not the os, do you really think verizon tests these os's with every single third party app and theme? No
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by swervinsuburban; 04-02-10 at 03:55 PM.
    04-02-10 03:49 PM
    I'm so glad to find a thread of people without issues with .591. I was beginning to think that I was the only one.

I installed through DM, and did not use a 3rd party app to wipe the phone. I have a ton of dl'ed apps, including BeBuzz, Yelp, Pandora, Kindle, QuickPull Pro, Where's My Phone, Mapquest, Skydeck, Skype, Tetris, foursquare, Kayak, BubbleBreaker, Dictionary.com, My Verizon, MemoryBooster, BackUp Assistant, Speedtest, Opera Mini 5 Beta 2, NY Times, and VZ Navigator.

I don't have a problem with clicking in the broswer. I don't think that I have any MMS music on my phone, so that's not been a problem. My caller Id has been coming up correctly. I did notice a little bit of a battery drain, so I followed your advice and dialed *228 to update roaming capabilities. I'll try to remember to let you know how that works out for me.

Hope this helps, and that everyone's issues are resolved.
    04-04-10 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD