I have a Blackberry Tour 9630 and I have the 5.0.0.419 os installed. Since then I have not been able to take the Password protection off. When I go to options the selection showing if the password is "Enabled" or "Disabled" is stuck on "Enabled" and will not let me deselect it. Any ideas?
    01-18-10 07:25 PM
    Wipe the device and reinstall the OS. I had a bb doing something similar because of an IT policy. I used crackutil to remove the IT policy the reloaded the OS to get rid of the password prompt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 09:25 PM
    Ok so I just took off the 5.0 and reinstalled the original 4.7. With the 4.7 installed it still wouldnt let me disable the password. I just reloaded 5.0. Is that what you mean by "wipe" it clean?
    01-18-10 09:48 PM
    Sounds like you have a security policy. Doa backup via the DM. Next download and install two utilities. First being BBSAK and second is crakutil. Use crakutil to remove the IT Security policy, then use BBSAK to "Wipe" the device. After that reinstall the OS of your choice. You can then restore your device from any recent backup to get your apps back as well as any contacts and calendar events.

You could also just do a "security Wipe" from your device instead of reloading the OS but if that does not correct the issue, reloading the device afterwords will..
    01-18-10 10:06 PM
    How do I do a security wipe from the device?
    01-18-10 10:10 PM
    Have you tried this?

Go to: Options/Memory. Turn off Memory card support.
    Save.
    Exit back to Options.
    Go to Password.
    The tab should now be selectable to disable the password.
    Click disable.
    Save.
    Exit back to Options.
    Click on Memory.
    Select Memory card support "on".
    Save.
    You will now be prompted to enter the password for the final time in your life!
    Exit back to the main screen and try it out, lock unlock, no password!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD