Hi,

Been using KeeppassBB which is a dead end. Now that 7.x is out with changes to synchronization, I'm not wanting to upgrade until I find an app that will work with it. Preferable with some conversion/import ability, as I have quite a pswd dbase now.

Datavault seems to be the front runner; is anyone using it, or any other you'd recommend, with OS 7.x?

Thanks
    06-25-12 02:10 PM
    I can sync my 9900 7.1 with keepassbb2-2.0.1527 without any problems.
    streyy likes this.
    06-25-12 02:23 PM
    I use the previously mentioned Ascendo DataVault. It has a desktop client.

It can sync with BB Desktop Manager, sync via Bluetooth, sync via e-mail, backup on device (to SD Card) and import from other popular PW Keepers and export. It also supports touchscreen devices.
    06-26-12 01:19 PM
    Also KeepassBB isn't really a dead end since it's open source. I made changes to it like allowing touchscreen to expand groups.
    06-26-12 02:05 PM
    I use Ascendo datavault. It works fine and syncs well between my 9810 running OS7.1 and Windows 7 (x64).

However you need to perform a seperate sync for Ascendo since RIM made chages to Desktop Manager and now Ascendo will not sync when I use DM to sync to Outlook as it previously did with DM v5.x

That said, Ascendo is a great product.
    06-26-12 02:50 PM
    Take a long look at LastPass, arguably one of the very best, if not the best, modern password managers. Their desktop and USB clients are free, and the annual subscription fee for multiple mobile devices is $12. LastPass supports BlackBerry phones, Linux, Windows, Macs, Androids, iOS devices, multiple flavors of portable browsers, etc... LastPass stores your password data online, so no syncing is necessary, but they have no ability to decrypt your data. All encryption and decryption is done locally. In addition to state of the art automation and convenience features, LastPass also offers multiple methods of two-party authentication and customizable PBKDF2 password iterations for additional security.
    06-26-12 04:53 PM
    +1 for Lastpass. And check out the Yubikey for desktop as well!
    07-03-12 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD