Probably a dumb question but...I can't seem to get the correct password to access this app. I've typed in the password i created in Options>Password, but its saying it's incorrect. Is there some sort of generic password (pin#, 1234, etc) for the password keeper app?
    12-25-08 02:57 AM
    Nevermind. I decided to take my chances and put in the supposed "wrong" password 10 times. After it whiped the passwords saved (I didn't have any yet thank God, but that's what it does), it asked for a new password and confirm for the new password.
    12-25-08 03:12 AM
    You found the correct solution. Fortunately the password keeper only deletes its own file. This is the only time that forgetting a password doesn't result in the complete wipe of your device.
    12-25-08 09:45 AM
    Is there a way to transfer files from Splash ID to the Blackberry Storm Password Keeper?
    12-26-08 02:06 PM
    This is the only time that forgetting a password doesn't result in the complete wipe of your device.

sorry to jack the thread, but wait...
    does this mean that if I enable the password on my device and then enter the wrong one 10 times it will wipe my device???
    i thought it would only go to a security time out, meaning that it would not accept another password input for a set ammount of time.

is this a new and easier way to wipe your device that doesn't involve JL cmxe or whatever it's called???
    12-26-08 02:17 PM
    Yes, if you enter the wrong code ten times it will wipe the device...
    12-26-08 02:19 PM
    holy crap!!!!!!!!!
    12-26-08 02:30 PM
    If you set a password on your BB, it's a *really* good idea to make regular backups to your computer. A child playing with your phone could accidently wipe it.

Also, if you lock your BB, you might want to set the owner information (which shows when the phone's locked) to include your ICE phone number (In Case of Emergency), so that anyone who finds the phone (or an unconscious you) knows who to call.
    12-26-08 02:36 PM
    Those are two very good ideas, nice post...
    12-26-08 02:41 PM
    sorry to jack the thread, but wait...
    does this mean that if I enable the password on my device and then enter the wrong one 10 times it will wipe my device???
    i thought it would only go to a security time out, meaning that it would not accept another password input for a set ammount of time.

is this a new and easier way to wipe your device that doesn't involve JL cmxe or whatever it's called???
    Everything posted between your question and my response is correct. The only point I'd add is to note that the Security Wipe is not the same as JL_Cmder's and CrackMem's wipe. The Security Wipe only deletes your personal information and 3rd party apps. It does NOT remove the OS, which JL_Cmder and CrackMem do when you execute their wipe function.

If you use a password, and I recommend you do, you have to make backups. There are many threads that start "My friend was trying to guess my password..." Those rarely have a happy ending.
    12-26-08 03:02 PM
    Thanks for clarifying that Jeff and you are correct, those threads rarely do have a happy ending...haha
    12-26-08 03:04 PM
    Everything posted between your question and my response is correct. The only point I'd add is to note that the Security Wipe is not the same as JL_Cmder's and CrackMem's wipe. The Security Wipe only deletes your personal information and 3rd party apps. It does NOT remove the OS, which JL_Cmder and CrackMem do when you execute their wipe function.

If you use a password, and I recommend you do, you have to make backups. There are many threads that start "My friend was trying to guess my password..." Those rarely have a happy ending.
    thanks for clarifying.
    12-26-08 04:45 PM
    I have finally decided to bite the bullet and set propper passwords for all my online accounts (no longer will they all be the same - shame on me, shame...)

I have a Storm and have decided to use the password keeper and random passwords, might as well go the whole hog eh!

As a downside though, what happens if I loose my phone, or it breaks?? How am I going to access the passwords in the password keeper without access to the app?

I keep regular backups of the whole phone on my PC. Will I be able to get at the passwords if I am without the phone for a while?

Cheers
    Daz
    01-04-09 11:35 AM
    I think you will quickly tire of random passwords and write them down somewhere, thus defeating the purpose. I don't use password keeper because there is no way to import passwords into it, nor export them for backup. The password file itself is encrypted, so even if it's backed up on your PC, I don't know any way you can access the information in it without a phone. Someone who uses it regularly may be able to offer a solution.

I don't mean to discourage you from using good passwords, but I have over 100 and if they were all of the form !xE07_xcV#B I'd go nuts. There are other ways to make good passwords. Here's one suggested by Forum's Moderator Pete6: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-...ttempts-51269/
    01-04-09 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD