Folks-

I'm a long time fan of the Password Keeper app, as I know it syncs OTA with the BES server. I had 65 passwords in it.

Last monday night though, while watching the game, a friend of mine asked to see a photo of my kid. I brought it up on the BB, passed the phone to him, and PLOP! Right into a pitcher of beer.

I did everything I could to salvage it, but ultimately had to have my work give me a new BB 8830.

Once I got it, guess what? Password Keeper had zero entries. And of course, my work IT good had no idea what the app was, and certainly couldn't have cared less about my situation.

So here I am, a MAC user, in dire need of a password application that syncs both ways between a Mac and my BB8830.

Anyone have any leads for me? Keepass X isn't an option, as it doesn't sync between the 2 devices.

Anyone?

Thanks yo,

split
    09-21-08 12:02 PM
    Sorry for your misfortune, but I think you just proved that Password Keeper does not sync with BES. My BES certainly doesn't use it. I wish I could recommend an app for you, but I use an excel spreadsheet running on my laptop to keep up with my 100+ user id / password combinations.
    09-21-08 02:24 PM
    I had the very same problem with my work BB. I can confirm that everything including the password keeper is kept/saved/backed up on the BES. All I did was reset my BB to factory settings including getting rid of the IT policy. Then I did an over the air sync by getting the password from the IT guys. After syncing with the BES that particular way I was able to get everything back up and running on my BB. Even the password keeper. Worth a try. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by crazydeo; 09-21-08 at 02:52 PM.
    09-21-08 02:49 PM
    Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately my IT guys could give a crap about my password issue woes. The new bb I got was wiped and I did an OTA sync, but the password info did not come through.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-08 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD