I�ve used the Password Keeper on the 8330 for some time now and have 50+ passwords loaded. What happens if the BB software becomes corrupt or just dies? How do I retrieve the passwords? I perform regular backups a couple times a week or so, not sure how to read the file if I don�t have the BB. I thought about making a hard copy and keeping it in the safe�but that�s a lot of work unless someone knows how do download the file into word. What does everyone else do? Thanks in advance.
    03-16-09 07:04 PM
    hi ht-i b/u my bb once per wk and i also keep a log of the p/w that i have in my bb just in case i cant access my compt for it for some reason. everytime something new is added, i write it in the book. the initial is wat stinks cuz you have to write a load in at once. but i like having a hard copy as well. so thats my .02!
    03-16-09 07:34 PM
    Yep, backup to PC using Desktop Manager. I'm not aware of a way to read it, though, without the BlackBerry. Would need to restore to a functioning device, I think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 08:39 PM
    What I've taken to do is add all of the items to ONE entry as in a long list. That way you can copy/paste.

Unfortunately, there is no desktop equivalent and so your only hope would be a new BB device that accepts the file or using a temp BB for retrieval.

Others have gone to 3rd party software with desktop versions to avoid this issue.
    03-16-09 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD