Hi there,

I recently got a new Crackberry (8703e) and I just used the Desktop manager to transfer all of my data from my old BB to my new one. Now, for whatever reason when I put my password in on the new BB it's not letting me in my password keeper? I am at 9 of 10 tries and I don't know what to do? I have heard here on CrackBerry.com that if you go to 10 tries that it will erase your BB device? can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance.
    10-26-07 01:37 PM
    is this security password or password keeper password? if is password keeper it only erases passwords but if is security password it will erase everything.
    10-26-07 07:13 PM
    The icon that is on my blackberry "password Keeper" is the one that I can't get into. what happens if I go to 10 tries? I am at 9 now.
    10-29-07 04:46 AM
    When I lock my handheld, it is a different password then the one I use to unlock Password Keeper.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-07 07:46 AM
    I just went into the "Password Keeper" app icon and I didnt know the password. I went to 10 incorrect tries, all it did was clear out the passwords (I dont recall having set any except for the Key stores- which I dont remember anyway) and prompt me to create a new one.
    10-29-07 08:36 AM
    Cool, thanks a lot Ethereallover. I was just making sure that it wasen't going to whipe out my BB completely, I thought I had read that on here somewhere?

Cheers
    10-30-07 07:29 AM
    Like Wildman, my BB PK is locked. Mine occurred following a device upgrade from Curve to Bold. All other functioins and apps appear to work correctly. However, the PK password has either gotten scrambled, lost, or changed......whatever the case, I am at 9/10 toward loss of data. I do have extensive data in the PK. Is there a default PK password.....or some other logical string of passwords which I may try, before all hope is lost? The other issue is........until I get this resolved, I run the risk of using my last attempts, as the PK password screen pops up periodically. Somebody slap me!
    03-17-09 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD