Just wondering... does anyone use the BB Password Keeper? Is it worth using? HOW exactly does it work?

Thanks!
    03-22-07 12:38 PM
    ...with it ONCE! Basically is hold all passwords (or important info) for various things that you want, i.e. bank details, pc login, etc, etc. But, don't dare forget the password to get into it, you only have 10 attemps (I think) to get in, after that it wipes it clean...

All-in-all, it's OK...
    03-22-07 02:16 PM
    I use it for all my internet passwords. It's easy smeazy to learn, just go in and give it a try. Just don't forget your master password.
    03-22-07 02:18 PM
    Does it work with Opera Mini? Or is just to keep them in order so that if you forget one, you can go back and look at it.

Hmmm, I guess it could be good to help me remember different usernames... I usually have the same password for everything tho.
    03-22-07 03:20 PM
    Does it work with Opera Mini? Or is just to keep them in order so that if you forget one, you can go back and look at it.

Hmmm, I guess it could be good to help me remember different usernames... I usually have the same password for everything tho.
    Just a storage area for important info.
    03-22-07 05:31 PM
    I use it probably far to much or place more info than i should...

But i do quite like the feature...and think its an improvement on the Nokia "Wallet"

I have to say sadly though, i use similar passwords for alot of things and therefore my password keeper probably isnt the most secure place....
    03-23-07 07:16 AM
    I use it to keep bank info and CC info.
    03-23-07 11:21 AM
    Can i bribe Otis to give me your master password??
    03-23-07 04:00 PM
    I have to try it....

I use CryptMagic - it's great and also has a PC companion- nice app.
    03-23-07 04:55 PM
    I have to try it....

I use CryptMagic - it's great and also has a PC companion- nice app.
    Is it free?
    03-23-07 04:57 PM
    ...in life is free!

CryptMagic
    03-23-07 11:28 PM
    Agree completely - Yes...sad but true!!

...in life is free!

CryptMagic
    03-23-07 11:29 PM
    Ta Nav - will test it out next week.....

And there is always a way of getting stuff for free....
    03-24-07 09:30 AM
    if it would fill in the username and passwords for websites that are saved in it.
    03-09-08 10:49 PM
    i use it for bank info and cc too. as well as login names and pw for alot of sites
    03-09-08 10:52 PM
    I find the Password Keeper very useful. I have dozens of logins and passwords to remember not to mention bank account information, AAA information etc...
    03-09-08 11:11 PM
    i was going to use it. but i'm paranoid that someone will crack my code & have my passwords for everything
    03-09-08 11:27 PM
    1. make you PW tought to crack, a combination of letters and numbers, and perhaps an uppercase somewhere in the mix
    2. if someone attempts to crack your PW, after 10 attempts it wipes clear only the Password Keeper.
    3. if you have a backup, (and you should) you will just do a restore from your backup, and you know the password, so all is good and back in order.
    03-09-08 11:37 PM
    Just wondering... does anyone use the BB Password Keeper? Is it worth using? HOW exactly does it work?
    I had a home break-in a little over a year ago. One of the things that was stolen was my laptop. Now that little guy had security and lock downs that Bill Gates would be proud of.

Guess what? They were able to hack into my bank records on my computer and create all kinds of problems.

Keep in mind that there is probably no software program that one man can write that cannot be hacked by another man.

I don't use Password Keeper. Locks are made to keep honest people honest. Your banking information is far too dangerous to be carrying around in a phone that anyone can steal at any whim.
    03-10-08 12:40 AM
    Password Keeper is encrypted and very difficult to crack. I've not heard of an instance of it ever being cracked unless someone got lucky with a password.
    03-10-08 12:58 AM
    Okay, I want to change the password I've entered for the password keeper. Can anyone help me with that one?
    03-11-08 03:02 PM
    I recommend using KeePass. Mainly because it's open source and you can see what's being done to your passwords. Also it's free, which is personally my favorite price.

Quick note though, if someone wants the data, they'll get it, period. The idea is to make it difficult for them to get it. A password alone is not "good security" you must use other methods like encrypting personal data, using good security protocol like not putting anything you don't want found in clear text, and so forth.

Multiple levels of security are the only way to keep your data safe.
    03-11-08 04:55 PM
    I use it for internet passwords such as forums. It could be extremely dangerous to keep banking and credit card information on a handheld. If you lose it or it is stolen, someone can access your accounts.
    03-11-08 06:58 PM
    I wondered what people thought about it before I tried it, thanks...I'm gonna try it!
    03-11-08 07:18 PM
    KeePass is a hundred times better than the BlackBerry equivalent, and by far the best eWallet/password manager out there!

It's also for virtually every computer, PDA and phone known to man... Because of this, you can manually sync your wallet by copying your KeePass Database (.kdb) file between computers, PDAs and/or computers!

KeePass by the Open Source Community - 1.0.638
    * Computer-based download (BlackBerry version): SourceForge.net: KeePass for BlackBerry
    * Over-the-air (OTA, without a computer)-based download: http:// keepassbb . sourceforge . net/ota/keepassbb.jad
    * Computer (all other versions): KeePass Password Safe

KeePass is also ridiciously secure, using Government encryption standards, it is pretty much the most secure wallet available!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-08 03:35 AM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD